PDA

View Full Version : Nyc ccw solution

BOOM BOOM
01-22-2012, 04:09 AM
HI,
Just read about the nurse from Tenn. who was arrested for packing in NY.
Sad, she faces a stiff penalty.
Her ccw permit from Tenn. of course did not count in NY.

There is an old samurai saying, "I turn myself into a sharpened sword". It is the only solution allowed in NY. for self defense.:Fire::Fire:

Sasquatch-1
01-22-2012, 08:14 AM
When I was working we were warned that NYC did not recognize anyones right to carry from outside the city. They were even none to lockup visiting law enforcement officers from other jurisdictions who were not there on job related buisness.

Heavy lead
01-22-2012, 08:18 AM
My solution is to never go there, it is a totalitarian type atmosphere that in any way shape of form has NEVER appealed to me.

Olevern
01-22-2012, 11:14 AM
My solution is to never go there, it is a totalitarian type atmosphere that in any way shape of form has NEVER appealed to me.

Agreed, avoid it like the plague.

10x
01-22-2012, 11:52 AM

In addition do not purchase any products from new York either.

bbs70
01-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Sounds like Chicago

472x1B/A
01-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Sounds like Chicago

I think I would rather eat skunk than go THERE.:roll:

Storydude
01-22-2012, 01:28 PM
In addition do not purchase any products from new York either.

Then do not buy a Kimber, Remington, Marlin, winchester, K-bar knife, Any of the GSG guns, Any tapco products, any ATI products, and Gerber products....

All of these are NY based companies.

runfiverun
01-22-2012, 03:30 PM
i have been boycotting ny for years and didn't even know it.

10x
01-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Then do not buy a Kimber, Remington, Marlin, winchester, K-bar knife, Any of the GSG guns, Any tapco products, any ATI products, and Gerber products....

Not Remington and Marlin, say it ain't so....

HangFireW8
01-22-2012, 04:34 PM

I thought the topic was NYC not NY State.

bruce drake
01-22-2012, 05:02 PM
NYC is totally different than NY State!

If they could cut that cancer called NYC off, I'm sure the rest of NY State would be a much better state...

Bret4207
01-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Actually they'd have to lop off the bottom half of the state and Lung Eye-land. All you all that want to boycott NY, just remember that as a retired NYS Trooper and NYS Pistol Permit holder I am not allowed to carry in NYC either. Thing is, I know the law, I don't disobey it, and if I did I wouldn't be surprised when I got arrested. This girl was either ignorant or figured she was special. Either way, what she did is wrong.

adkpete
01-22-2012, 07:01 PM
+1 Brett. But I call it Lawn Guy Land

BOOM BOOM
01-22-2012, 08:08 PM
HI,
It is easy for me to avoid going there. I live in UT. To polluted anyway. But I have been there.
It is easy to boycott too I can not afford to buy anything new made by those co.
:Fire::Fire:

btroj
01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Best way to avoid carry troubles in NYC? Don't carry there. It is that simple.

cdet69
01-22-2012, 08:36 PM
NYC is in a world of it's own. You can have a New York State pistol permit but can not carry in NYC if you do not have issued by the city. Seems the city of New York is still not part of the State of New York. Do not lump us all in with NYC. Once you get above I-84 the people are of a different quality. Only problem is NYC has so many people they control the rest of the state. Or at least try to.

canyon-ghost
01-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Yes, all that but, NYC shouldn't be a land all it's own. It shouldn't be ignorant or special or be allowed to be. Think about it, I consider the opposite to be true!

Janoosh
01-22-2012, 08:56 PM
+1 Brett and cdet 69. As an "above 84er" I agree with your statements. Its very hard to fight a majority voting block due to density of population. My hamlet has 1,800 registered voters. NYC ??? Think of NYC as a 24 hour amusement park with a never ending freak show. But..... That's where the money is and I have to work there. With all that has been printed in the media, How do you NOT know, NOT to carry, without proper license, there?

Bret4207
01-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Well, I'm going to boycott Tennessee. I'm not going to Nashville or listening to any current country music that benefits that state. I'm not buying any of the spirits produced there, I'm not supporting anything Tennessee's most famous native son, Albert Gore Jr., is selling.

There, take that Tennessee. That hurts you just as much as you not supporting NY does me.

Sasquatch-1
01-23-2012, 07:24 AM
, just remember that as a retired NYS Trooper and NYS Pistol Permit holder I am not allowed to carry in NYC either.

Is your carry permit issued by the state or is it part of the federal law that allows retired LEO's to carry? Would a retired LEO, licensed under the federal law, be able to carry in NYC under the federal law?

Houndog
01-23-2012, 08:10 AM
I agree whole heartedly that NYC IS NOT indicative of the rest of NY state! I regularly delivered freight to upstate and western NY and had nary a problem, but the "rotten apple" was a whole nuther story. It's the ONLY place I was ever handcuffed to the side of my truck while some gestapo wanna be searched my truck and insulted me for being a "Southern redneck that HAD to be carrying a gun and contraband. It cost me 4 days work and $5.000 to repair the damage to my truck, and NOTHING WAS FOUND. The NYPD also refused to pay for damages to my truck. I didn't hire a lawyer to sue them. More money would have to have been spent for some sleazy NY lawyer to have done that, and the outcome would have been iffy ar best. It's HARD to fight city hall. I just raised my freight rates 125% for NY bound freight and refused to service NYC. I made my money back and then some in short order! There's not many mega load haulers from my little corner of the world that will even accept freight to NY.

As for the STUPID lady from Tennessee carrying in NYC, MOST of the folks living here carry, and leaving home without your carry piece is almost like leaving home naked! SHE DIDN'T THINK about other areas of the country not honoring her permit, didn't research the laws where she was going and did what she probably did every time she set foot outside her home. IT'S NO EXCUSE, and I fear Bloomerberg's minions will try to make an example out of her because our Attorney General stuck one in him for breaking Tennessee gun laws. This is a shining example of why we need a nationwide CC permit with NO exceptions and NO exclusions.

Sasquatch-1
01-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Well, I'm going to boycott Tennessee. I'm not going to Nashville or listening to any current country music that benefits that state. I'm not buying any of the spirits produced there, I'm not supporting anything Tennessee's most famous native son, Albert Gore Jr., is selling.

There, take that Tennessee. That hurts you just as much as you not supporting NY does me.

No, I think that hurts you more. No more good Tennessee wiskey. :drinks:

Houndog
01-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Bret,
I hate to disappoint you, but Al Gore IS NOT a Tennesseean! We disowned him many years ago, and guess where his PRIMARY residence happens to be. NYC!!!! He does own a compound in middle Tennessee that looks like the State Prison in Nashville, but seldom goes there.

BTW: He lost the election in this state in his bid for POTUS at a margin of around 4-1!

captaint
01-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Hey, I live an hour and forty five away and I haven't been there in 20 years. What does that tell ya??? Been to many other parts of NY state and enjoyed that though... Mike

10x
01-23-2012, 12:20 PM

I have limited my purchases from Tenn. to almost unobtainium from DGW. Although it hasn't been the same since Turner died.

deltaenterprizes
01-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Maybe her case can be used as a vehicle to overturn the 1911 Sullivan Law as unconstitutional!

firefly1957
01-23-2012, 07:38 PM
There was a old movie that had the right Idea of what to do with N.Y. city it starred Kurt Russel.

adkpete
01-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Tennessee whiskey is over rated. I'll take good Kentucky Bourbon any day.

wilit
01-23-2012, 07:53 PM
This is a prime example of why we need H.R. 822 to pass. This is the National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 which has already been passed in the House and is waiting to be voted on in the Senate. Be sure to call, write and email your Senators urging them to vote for this bill.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Bret4207
01-23-2012, 08:15 PM
No, I think that hurts you more. No more good Tennessee wiskey. :drinks:

That vile carburetor cleaner you call "whiskey" is only suitable for cleaning drain pipes. Whiskey, the real stuff stuff, comes from Scotland, preferably in single malt form and aged for several decades in he cask.

:bigsmyl2:

Bret4207
01-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Is your carry permit issued by the state or is it part of the federal law that allows retired LEO's to carry? Would a retired LEO, licensed under the federal law, be able to carry in NYC under the federal law?

My permit is issued by St Lawrence County and is good anywhere in NY State except NYC.. That Federal Law is another feel good joke foisted on the population. If you read it, you'll see it requires your former agency to qualify you annually. My agency wants nothing to do with it. It's all they can do to schedule our active guys to qualify.

If you went to NYC and tried to use that Federal Law I'd say it's a krap shoot as to whether it'd be honored or not. I really don't know how they'd handle it.

http://www.fop.net/legislative/issues/hr218/hr218faq.pdf

Dan Cash
01-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Actually they'd have to lop off the bottom half of the state and Lung Eye-land. All you all that want to boycott NY, just remember that as a retired NYS Trooper and NYS Pistol Permit holder I am not allowed to carry in NYC either. Thing is, I know the law, I don't disobey it, and if I did I wouldn't be surprised when I got arrested. This girl was either ignorant or figured she was special. Either way, what she did is wrong.

Now I know why you are hard to take.

Uncle R.
01-23-2012, 08:54 PM
That vile carburetor cleaner you call "whiskey" is only suitable for cleaning drain pipes. Whiskey, the real stuff stuff, comes from Scotland, preferably in single malt form and aged for several decades in he cask.

:bigsmyl2:

Why Bret! I'm surprised! I never knew you had a taste for fine single malt "real" whiskey. I always thought you were a working class fella - watching your dimes and trying to make ends meet.
<
I admire your taste but I envy your pocketbook. A couple of years back I decided to treat myself to a bottle of "real" whiskey and to heck with the cost. I went to the big liquor store in town and found a couple of likely specimens that were bottled in Scotland. When I looked at the prices - Ack! Well over a hundred dollars for a bottle of whiskey?
<
I decided that I didn't want to climb so far above my raisin' after all - and I realized that if Old Mr. Boston is a seedy character at least Jim Beam is my friend.
:2_high5:
Uncle R.

MtGun44
01-23-2012, 10:19 PM
+1 for passing national reciprocity for CCW.

Bill

BOOM BOOM
01-24-2012, 01:12 AM
HI,
WOW!
No one commented or even asked about the samurai saying.:Fire::Fire:

44fanatic
01-24-2012, 02:23 AM
Had to copy this from another forum....

TN resolution in response to NYC arresting nurse at ground zero

Tennessee has apparently taken it personally that NYC arrested one of their
own for exercising a constitutional right:

"BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that we remind the citizens of New York, especially
those residing in New York City, to drive carefully through the great State
of Tennessee, paying extra attention to our speed limits."

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/HJR0585.pdf

Dennis Eugene
01-24-2012, 02:23 AM
From Bret4207
Either way, what she did is wrong.
She did nothing wrong, what NYC is doing is wrong,not to mention unconstitutional. Dennis Eugene

ammohead
01-24-2012, 02:58 AM
Not that I plan on visiting NYC or the windy city any time soon, but I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Bret4207
01-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Why Bret! I'm surprised! I never knew you had a taste for fine single malt "real" whiskey. I always thought you were a working class fella - watching your dimes and trying to make ends meet.
<
I admire your taste but I envy your pocketbook. A couple of years back I decided to treat myself to a bottle of "real" whiskey and to heck with the cost. I went to the big liquor store in town and found a couple of likely specimens that were bottled in Scotland. When I looked at the prices - Ack! Well over a hundred dollars for a bottle of whiskey?
<
I decided that I didn't want to climb so far above my raisin' after all - and I realized that if Old Mr. Boston is a seedy character at least Jim Beam is my friend.
:2_high5:
Uncle R.

The last time I had a drink of the good stuff was about 15 years back.

Bret4207
01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
From Bret4207 She did nothing wrong, what NYC is doing is wrong,not to mention unconstitutional. Dennis Eugene

Lets hope someday the SCOTUS feels the same as you.

Uncle R.
01-25-2012, 12:35 AM
The last time I had a drink of the good stuff was about 15 years back.

When I think about it I realize it's been at least that long for me too - probably even a bit longer.
<
Time sure does fly.
<
Life is short, and a man ought to allow a bit of self-indulgence now and then just to remind himself that he's worth it. Don't know that it will ever happen, but if you should chance to be passing through the good part of the country <GRIN> look me up. It would be my pleasure to buy you a taste of the real thing, and I'd help you hold the bar down while taking a sip of the good stuff myself. I believe real whiskey was always meant to be shared with cynical, contrary and opinionated old cranks, but with political correctness and teachers' unions taking hold everywhere those guys are becoming kinda rare.
<
Uncle R.

Storydude
01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Lets hope someday the SCOTUS feels the same as you.

SCOTUS has nothing to do with it.

Albany Does.

Bret4207
01-25-2012, 08:05 PM
I was referring to SCOTUS deciding that there should be reciprocity through out all the States and cities. THAT would be Constitutional to my mind.

And no, it's not necessarily Albanys call. It's NYC's since they seem to enjoy extra legal authority in this area. That precedent means they'd have to willingly give it up. If the Sullivan Law were to be overturned at an Appellate level State court that would do it too. Either way it's not up to Albany and the Legislature.

Storydude
01-29-2012, 03:26 AM
No, it Is Albany's call. Walk into any part of NYS with a handgun and you are a felon if not holding a NYS permit.

Matters not if in Corning or Brooklyn.

As a former subject of NYS and a former permit holder, that point was drilled into me at my permit classes. Also, the advice of getting an out of state permit was drilled into me as my NYS permit was about as good as a letter from my mother in any other state.

I got tired of being a subject and moved to a free state.

Bret4207
01-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Okay, I thought you meant NYC itself. I see your point.

MtGun44
01-30-2012, 01:45 AM
Congress can change the law, require states to honor other state's CCW permits. No
need for SCOTUS to get involved. This law has passed in the House, but Reid is blocking
it from coming up for a vote in the Senate, and who knows what Zero will do if it
passed the Senate. He signed the CCW in National Parks law.

Bill

troyboy
01-30-2012, 10:22 PM
When you have a CCP one is held to a higher standard. It is your job to know the law where you are travelling.