PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the McKinney TX area with lube size equipment?

jmorris
01-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Edit .452" 230g rn

Looking for someone that has a lube sizer in the area that "has it down" that might want cast bullets on a size/lube trade deal. I have an auto cast machine but only size and dip lube and looking for "store bought" end product. I'm using magme molds.

mktacop
01-22-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm in your area, but unfortunately I am still using a pan-lube method. I'd like to get a lubrisizer, but right now I just can't justify the cost.

Recluse
01-27-2012, 02:24 AM
Edit .452" 230g rn

Looking for someone that has a lube sizer in the area that "has it down" that might want cast bullets on a size/lube trade deal. I have an auto cast machine but only size and dip lube and looking for "store bought" end product. I'm using magme molds.

Not sure what you're asking. Are you wanting someone to lube some .452 boolits you cast in exchange for some boolits? Or do you just want/need some boolits sized and lubed, and if so, how many?

:coffee:

Grandpas50AE
01-27-2012, 08:58 AM
If I'm reading it right Recluse, he is asking for someone with sizing equipment to do the sizing lubing for his Magma cast bullets, and in exchange they get to keep some for their efforts, with the rest going back to him.

crawfobj
01-27-2012, 10:21 AM
I might be able to help you out. How many are we talking about?

jmorris
01-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Granpas50ae has it right.

How many kind of depends on how many someone will want to mess with. PM me if you have interest.

Thanks,

Jm

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-27-2012, 11:31 AM
How many kind of depends on how many someone will want to mess with. PM me if you have interest.

I would guess it's more than would fit in a flat rate box, since he is asking for someone in the area.

jdgabbard
01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Jmorris, is this a one off deal, or is this something you're wanting to do as a business? Reason why I ask is because of the way you worded the question.

I think most folks from the AO would be willing to lube some for you. But if you're talking about enough to sell you might have a hard time finding someone that doesn't have an autonomous star sizer.

Having said that, I'm from the southeaster Oklahoma, right up 75. Once I get back from the middle-east in a few months I'd be happy to help you out with sizing some (i'd have to aquire a die and top punch). If you don't find anyone between now and the time I get back I'd be happy to do a one off or two for you.

Just PM if interested

Springfield
01-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Ya know, if you have a LOT of bullets to do seems to me investing 112 bucks in a sizer isn't that much of a stretch. There is a very nice RCBS for sale on this site right now. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=141422

jmorris
01-27-2012, 09:53 PM
I built an automatic sizer but the dip lube I have been using doesn't work as well in an SMG as pressure lubed "fill the ring" style, in that application (leads a lot worse).

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=126347&highlight=sizer

I tryed a lyman with a heater but could have been too quick to give up.

I only have about 15.4 lbs of them that are "as cast" at this time, unsized. Maybe someone that could even show me their process, and equipment, in the area would do the trick.

mktacop
01-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Can you tell me what velocity you are loading/firing at? What caliber?

I'm sizing on a Lee Sizer (push through) and using a pan lubing method with Darr Lube. I've been shooting .45ACP up to about 900fps and have had excellent results with zero leading. If you think it might help, I'd be happy to show you how I do everything.

PM me if interested.

jmorris
01-29-2012, 10:37 AM
45 230g @ 740 fps. Sent you a pm.