PDA

View Full Version : i'm tired and I am getting old

arjacobson
01-21-2012, 08:23 PM
I am sitting here after having a nice nap.. This week has been rough. We had water main breaks two days in a row this week... Of course it hovered at a balmy below zero wind chill factor. Then we plowed snow for two days.[smilie=2: I must be getting old because getting up at 2:30am every morning has beat the tar out of me. Now it seems like it takes a few days to recover.. Not complaining mind you just stating a fact....I'm going back to bed.:)

Olevern
01-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Night Night

geargnasher
01-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Here's your sign: Time to sell the house, buy a motorhome and move to Florida, Arizona, or South Texas like all the other old pharts! :kidding:

Gear

GRUMPA
01-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Hey that's no fair gear, I'm not old I'm just a recycled teenager with sub-standard parts.

edler7
01-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Time to sell the house, buy a motorhome

...and wire a snow shovel to the front of the motorhome. Don't put down roots till you get to a place where someone says "What's that ?".

cdet69
01-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Ahh the warwth of southern climates. I just can't wait;

starmac
01-22-2012, 01:50 AM
I know the feeling, I had several calls lately trying to get me to come down to north dakota.
I just am not sure I want those kind of hours anymore.

Olevern
01-22-2012, 11:19 AM
I never left anything in Florida worth going back for. Snow is what keeps where I live the kind of place that I want to live. It keeps the pack wolves away, they don't like work and until the mail lady who brings them their checks from the govt. shovels out their driveways as well, courtesy of the govt., they will stay away.

Think I'll stay right here.....besides, here I can go deer hunting without having a refrigeration truck following me into the woods to keep the meat from spoiling before I can get it out of the woods.

Did I mention I'd never left anything in Florida......yeh, I think I did.

Finster101
01-22-2012, 11:25 AM
I never left anything in Florida worth going back for. Snow is what keeps where I live the kind of place that I want to live. It keeps the pack wolves away, they don't like work and until the mail lady who brings them their checks from the govt. shovels out their driveways as well, courtesy of the govt., they will stay away.

Think I'll stay right here.....besides, here I can go deer hunting without having a refrigeration truck following me into the woods to keep the meat from spoiling before I can get it out of the woods.

Did I mention I'd never left anything in Florida......yeh, I think I did.

Well, hope you are feeling better today. I used to like snow, not anymore. Funny, the mail lady only brings me bills. Guess thats why I get up and go to work every day. Not all of us in Florida are on vacation!

10x
01-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Minus 40 here last tuesday. Had a reaction to $400.00 worth of Synvisc injected into my knee joints and can hardly walk. Count your blessings friend. It is now minus 20 and that feels like a heat wave.