PDA

View Full Version : Old western movie stars

Tom-ADC
01-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Some here may be to young to remember a bunch of these, I'm not in that group.
http://oldfortyfives.com/thoseoldwesterns.htm

Hickory
01-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Tom, I'd been pretty spry the past couple days,
after watching that video, I'm feelin' kinda old now.

Wayne Smith
01-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Wow, lots of memories there and good music, too.

Tom-ADC
01-17-2012, 07:39 PM
I was amazed at how young a lot of them were when they died, a lot were born when my dad was but he got a lot more years in then they did.

bbs70
01-17-2012, 07:56 PM
WOW talk about bringing back memories.
I didn't know there were that many western stars.

starmac
01-17-2012, 08:20 PM
That was pretty neat, when I watch tv, I watch the western channel more than anything else.
Looking at that video, makes me wonder what most of those guys would think of tv in this day and age.

Le Loup Solitaire
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Thanx for sharing the review. It brought back a lot of memories and is very much appreciated. LLS

burntpowder
01-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Thank you...Took me back ... Wife said all them people and you remember them your getting old...I replied I'm already there.

leadman
01-17-2012, 09:50 PM
The standards for what went on the air were very different from now. I don't think the new standards are an improvement.

When I watch some of these old programs and the chase scene has been sped up it makes me laugh.

Matt_G
01-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Looking at that video, makes me wonder what most of those guys would think of tv in this day and age.

I doubt you could print what they would say about TV these days...

stubshaft
01-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Brought back a lot of good memories there. Seems to me some of the stars were missing like Fess Parker and Chuck Conners. Not that I would be able to remember that far back mind you.

Pigslayer
01-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Wow, that was really good!

dragonrider
01-17-2012, 10:35 PM
I remember way too many of them.

starmac
01-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Brought back a lot of good memories there. Seems to me some of the stars were missing like Fess Parker and Chuck Conners. Not that I would be able to remember that far back mind you.

Yep That wasn't all of them.
Someone mentioned how short some of their lives were, while true, I find it amazing how long some of them lived, what with them not having health food and health care as we know it today, not to mention the indians were still taking scalps when some of them were born.

Haggway
01-17-2012, 11:18 PM
My grand father talked about he and Andy Devine played together as kids.

kmag
01-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Enjoyed this very much, brought back lots of old memory's.

felix
01-18-2012, 12:08 AM
I actually met Dennis Weaver, wife and mother here in Fort Smith. A couple of Baldor cohorts and I took them out to lunch when they were in town checking out the Baldor wares. Dennis was Green all the way through and willing to pay big time for inventions. No mention about his movie productions, anytime, including during lunch which was fairly social. Strictly professional, all of us, because it was apparent that what he was paying for! He was behind electric cars in a BIG way. ... felix

starmac
01-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Yep, He had a huge house built out of used tires.

gandydancer
01-18-2012, 12:34 AM
That was great. another one that's real good is http://www.b-westerns.com

Bret4207
01-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Thanks! I enjoyed learning the names of the supporting cast. A lot of those guys, like Neville Brand and Kenneth Tobey, I recognize like old friends but I never was sure of who they were. I was also surprised that The Coop and Alan Ladd died so young. Kirk Douglas is about the last of them.

You know the guys I miss? Ward Bond, Ken Curtis, Victor McLaughlin. I don't know why but those guys were like family, especially Ward Bond. Weird.

Longwood
01-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Wow,,, I actually got tears in my eyes.
I only saw a very few faces that I did not recognize.
A couple I missed were Sammy Davis Jr. and Jerry Lewis.
Both of those guys played a part or more and they were well known for how well they could handle a six shooter.
If I recall correctly, Jerry won the fast draw championship at least once.
Sammy was also very fast on the draw.
I remember Sammy did a great scene on one show where he drew a small bullseye on the side of a shed then after stepping back a few paces, drawing a knife, throwing it into the bullseye just after his six shooter put a hole in the center of the bull while the knife was on it's way to the target..
Hey,,, I am sure it was real. Well,,, maybe not,,,, it was a good scene that I still remember.

Tom-ADC
01-18-2012, 01:35 PM
The Magnificent Seven James Coburn with the switchblade fast draw.

Charley
01-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Needs updated. Harry Morgan died a few weeks back.

KYCaster
01-22-2012, 04:32 PM
My older brother used to know the names of the horses featured in the TV westerns.

Not just the well known ones like Trigger, Silver, Scout and Champion, but dozens of others.

Red Rider and Little Beaver, Cisco Kid and Poncho, Hopalong, Tex Ritter, Dale Robertson, Zorro and a bunch more....he knew the names of the horses they rode.

Claims he can still name them, but I haven't tested him lately.

Jerry

10x
01-22-2012, 05:00 PM
All those guys are dead now???
Where did the years go?

Best western movie ever "My name is Nobody" with Terrance Hill and Henry Fonda...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RYq1PLdT0s

Or this maybe the movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfLqaPHZpuU&feature=related

and more movies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1fu7uJeB6U&feature=related