PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with cast boolit folks.

Frosty Boolit
01-15-2012, 09:11 PM
I can't believe how many good folk there are on this board and that people treat each other well in swappin and sellin without even making eye contact. Hell of a community and one I'm glad to be a part of. Sometimes I feel like I'm sittin round a campfire. Thank you ladies and gentleman.

01-15-2012, 09:12 PM
I'll second that. Most of these folks speak my language.

linotype
01-15-2012, 09:27 PM
I'll second that. Most of these folks speak my language.

Yep, old fashion values, years of experience, and most of all, respect.

JeffinNZ
01-15-2012, 10:14 PM
My belief is that the type of folk that gravitate towards this sort of site are those that want to share info and are happy to help out others with similar interests. The ones that don't depart fairly early on. I recall one guy who arrived and was a hard core traditionalist when it came to shooting Lee Enfields. He would only bed them the traditional way and anyone who didn't was an idiot. He has since gone away.

Bullwolf
01-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Gun people are typically good folks... with a few exceptions of course, but there are bad eggs in any group.

This thread reminds me of something that happened to me quite a few years ago.

I was driving my truck to some property that was pretty far out in the middle of no where, and I saw a father and daughter pushing a motorcycle by the side of the highway.

I am used to being in pretty remote areas, so I had gasoline, and some tools with me like I always do. (Gas was much cheaper then)

So I pulled up next to them, and asked if they needed a hand, some tools, or some gas or something.

His bike was pretty much ignition dead, and I ended up helping him put the motorcycle in the back of my truck. I had rope, but no tie downs with me, so he just rode in the back of the truck holding the motorcycle upright. If memory serves it was an old BSA. I drove him and his daughter back into town, since they were pretty far from civilization.

He thanked me repeatedly, and even tried to give me money a couple of times, and I just told him not to worry about it, and to help someone else some time.

A few months later, while I was window shopping at a local gun store I ran into the same guy, and his motorcycle that I had given a ride to. He was also browsing the wares of the gun shop.

He recognized me, and thanked me again for the helping hand I had given him. He also said to me "I should have known you were a gun person because you were such a good guy."

I think about that a lot, many years later after the incident. Some of the folks that I have met who feel the same way about guns and shooting sports as I do have been really good people.

Maybe some day, if I am unfortunate enough to break down in the boonies it will all come back to me, and some kind soul will offer me a ride back to town.

It's like my Grandfather always used to say. "It's a really small world, but I'd sure hate to paint it".

- Bullwolf

lbaize3
01-16-2012, 12:54 PM
You all have put into words exactly what I have been feeling about this forum. I check this forum almost daily, some times more than once. I enjoy the comradeship and the sense of community. I also feel the hurt when members sometimes get crossways with each other. It improves my faith in mankind when those who have been upset with each other apologize and try to get along better, just like a family would.

Yep, you guys said it well. I feel at home here, somewhat like an older experienced Uncle who can draw upon that experience for folks and who can always learn something new from others.

Jim
01-16-2012, 01:43 PM
..... I check this forum almost daily, some times more than once.....

Some of us spend WAY too much time here. [smilie=1:

Wayne Smith
01-16-2012, 01:57 PM

Jim, there was a time when I read every post! That was a long time back, when there were around 5000 of us!

Pigslayer
01-16-2012, 02:04 PM
I live alone with the exception of my Shetland Sheepdog & my Siamese cat. Both are good companions but at times I do feel terribly alone. Sometimes getting into my own head too much. Since coming here I have found a safehaven and a way out of my own "box" so to speak. Thanks everyone!

white eagle
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM

amen brother :lovebooli

burntpowder
01-16-2012, 02:50 PM
knowledge, Yep! Thank You cast boolit forum and all the good folks here.

Love Life
01-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Here is a personal story of the kindness of the Cast Boolits folks.

Last year when I was brand new to casting and the forum I wanted to try speed green boolit lube. I had no idea how much the lube cost. I posted an add in the S&S section wanting to trade 200+ pieces of unfired 45 AR for 10 sticks of speed green. That was about $60 worth of brass for about $20 of lube. I didn't know any better.

Well instead of somebody rubbing his hands together and laughing while he took me to the cleaners on a super deal, the person I ended up trading with sent me more than 10 sticks of speed green. He sent me 2 POUNDS and some boolits!!! All this without even being asked.

That has stuck with me to this day. That member was Trey45. Thank you for that lesson in generosity and that lesson into the kind of people who frequent this forum!!

ErikO
01-16-2012, 03:52 PM
I have to say that even though my politics may not match up with many folks here I still feel like I'm part of the community.

I've learned a lot about reloading in general since I've joined here. I also feel like I'll be 100% ready once I start casting myself and won't waste money getting my stuff together.

gandydancer
01-16-2012, 03:59 PM
I learn something new every time I come on here. and yes there are some realy good people on here. GD

3006guns
01-16-2012, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=ErikO;1547566]I have to say that even though my politics may not match up with many folks here I still feel like I'm part of the community.

Politics be hanged......you're one of us and we're one big family.

Love Life
01-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Since we are family does that mean I can borrow some tools? :kidding:

gray wolf
01-16-2012, 05:49 PM
I have laughed on this forum and I am sure I have been laughed at--
I have argued and apologized, been argued with and apologized to--
I have helped some folks and many have helped me--
I drove to town today and thanked the forum all the way there and all the way home.
My wife has a new coat and thanks the forum
I have a new pair of boots and I thank the forum
There is no place like this place,
it's the people that make this place,
the place that it is.

hiram1
01-16-2012, 08:21 PM
real good folks here