PDA

View Full Version : Magma Lube Master questions

Roundnoser
01-15-2012, 08:10 PM
I have a question for anyone who owns or knows about the Magma Lube Master...

Lets assume I have a good reason for wanting one!!! [smilie=1: The price for a new one is high (7K w/o the MA collator)

What would I expect to pay for a used one in decent condition?

Are there any reputable outlets for buying a used one?

Thanks for your advice.

GabbyM
01-15-2012, 10:41 PM
You can do allot without the collator. I run several of my bullets hand feeding due to the design not being collator friendly. It takes a couple weeks to get the hang of adjusting the collator and in the mean time it will be harmful to your mental health. Hand feeding about halves production but you get pretty bullets instead of the tumbled bullets. They shoot the same though.

Learn how to do a search on eBay and gun broker and check it once a week or more. Within a year or two you may come up with one. Or you may get lucky. Plenty of junk on the market that gets bid up by folks that probably regret it. I mean if you have to totally rebuild the thing just start from scratch. The lady at Magma advised me to never buy a machine unless I saw it run. Seams they get machines in regularly which people bought and want fixed to find out it cost more to fix them than a new machine. She was talking of the casters not the sizer but I’d say it applied.

I picked up my caster and sizer a couple years back. Bid all the money I had in the world on it plus what my credit card would stand. Didn’t make the minimum but no one else bid and the seller contacted me after and offered it for my bid. Both machines together were of course past five figure money. In the preceding year I’d pushed a quarter million boolits through a Star and was starting to suffer joint problems. My GF had gone in for carpal tunnel surgery caused by her job and the price tag was almost $80,000.00. Just to place the price of a machine in perspective.

There are wear parts on eh size machine. If you keep plenty of grease on the shuttle and other parts they hold up but most people do not understand grease. It’s all replaceable but not free. If the machine gets turned on before the lube warms up the lube pump blows up.
In short if a fool or drunk has had hold of one it can be pretty messed up in short order.
It’s all replaceable as the body is mounted into a frame and the body can be purchased. All slides are bolt on to the frame and can be replaced so the machine is totally serviceable for near infinity.

With bullets feeding from the collator I can size and box 500 bullets in seven minutes.
If you need to do that then you need the big machine.

runfiverun
01-16-2012, 08:08 PM
sometimes magma themselves has used machines also.

Roundnoser
01-20-2012, 10:22 AM
sometimes magma themselves has used machines also.

I spoke with Magma yesterday. They said that they don't sell used / refurbished machines. They do repairs and refurbish used ones, but they go right back out to the customer.

They did stress NOT to buy one until you see it run first. Like gabbyM said, repairs to a used one could cost more than a brand new machine!

badger bob
01-21-2012, 01:44 PM
I've got a BULLETMASTER and LUBEMASTER for sale. Here are some links to view my ads.
http://www.armslist.com/posts/281970/northern-wi-ammo-for-sale--bulletmaster-and-lubemaster-commercial-bullet-molder-and-luber

http://wausau.craigslist.org/spo/2810457974.html

I just signed up here on Castboolits, so I may put an ad up on here also.