PDA

View Full Version : What type of lubricant

nathan619
01-14-2012, 10:36 PM
I got my Lee 6 cavity bullet mold and it says that I need to lubricate the location pins and spruce bushings with Alox Beewax. Is there something else I could use that I can buy locally?

williamwaco
01-14-2012, 10:49 PM
I got my Lee 6 cavity bullet mold and it says that I need to lubricate the location pins and spruce bushings with Alox Beeswax. Is there something else I could use that I can buy locally?

WHATEVER YOU USE, BE SURE YOU USE IT VERY SPARINGLY AND DO NOT ALLOW ANY OF IT TO GET INTO THE BULLET CAVITIES.

The "best" thing I know of is the product called Bull Plate. As far as I know, it is only available by mail.

I have used several things that you may already have or should be able to buy locally: various bullet lubes, bees wax, paraffin, anti-seize lubricant, graphite, molly spray, graphite mold release.

There are many posts here discussing mold lubes.

MtGun44
01-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Search on Bull Plate lube.

DO NOT use bullet lube as Lee recommends, burns on and makes a nasty mess and needs
be redone often. Bad idea.

If you can't wait for Bull Plate lube, I have read that some of the synthetic two stroke oils are
a fairly decent substitute. VERY sparing, do not get into cavities, DO put on the top of mold
and bottom of sprue plate.

Bill