PDA

View Full Version : Darrell's Scout Mounts

jh45gun
06-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Well got Darrell's Scout mount in the mail today. Had to mount it on my K31 as soon as I could get it out of the cabinet. I tell you guys this is great mount and if you have a K31 or a Mosin Nagant you want to scout mount this mount is well worth the money. Makes the BSquare ones look pale in comparison. Jim

My Family of growing scout rifles. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/jh45gun/9c910c27.jpg

C1PNR
06-24-2005, 09:22 PM
If you don't mind me asking, which scope did you mount on that K 31 "Scout" mount?

I've got one of the mounts, just about ready to install, and wonder what scopes "fit" that very short mount.

mike in co
06-25-2005, 09:00 AM
gentlemen,
i too got my mounts this week. they are milled from aluminum, anodized and have front and rear set screws to level the base which is pinned in place via the rear sight pivot pin. there are then 4 side set screws to lock it all in place.
a regular rifle scope, not a long eye reliefon my k31( 2 3/4 valor but i just raided ebay for a bunch of 4x weaver's and early tasco's). both rings are forward of the elevation/windage adjustments. one peice tube construction scopes work best in this.
i have not mounted the m91/30 so not sure. it is is a bit longer to the rear sight .

just a great mount

jh45gun
06-26-2005, 12:27 AM
If you don't mind me asking, which scope did you mount on that K 31 "Scout" mount?

I've got one of the mounts, just about ready to install, and wonder what scopes "fit" that very short mount.

If you look at the pic both the Mosin and the K31 have the same scope. They are old Bushnell Phantoms. Not that I really like them they are ok and that is about it as the field of view is narrow on them. They work though so until I find some other cheap pistol scopes they will do the job. They are 7/8 and I had to shim some 1 inch rings to make them work as they have a weird mounting set up with a rail machined in the bottom of the scope tube. Rings may have been available at one time I have no idea most of the ones I have seen had a mount made for the screw setup for the TC Contenders. The scope on the Swede Mauser is a illuminated crosshair Tasco that I picked up at a gun show. Some folks may not agree but I have found any pistol scope will work fine for a scout scope. I have not seen one yet any way that did not. According to Darrels Board at Parralax's Some guys are even using the Cheap Nc Star scopes found at places like CDNN for around 30 bucks. If you can fit the rings on both the front and back of the adjustment knobs any scope will fit this mount. As you can see he has it set up like a Picaney style so you have lots of options on setting up the rings. Some folks use shotgun scopes too for scout scopes and some buy the expensive scopes labeled scout scopes like Burris ect but to be honest with you I have found any pistol scope will work. Jim