PDA

View Full Version : 32 cal

Boerrancher
01-11-2012, 09:27 AM
I have squirrel hunted with 50 and 45 cals before by using a 38 special casing as a powder measure. It is kind of cool to watch a squirrel fly about 30 ft when a 45 or 50 cal round ball hits it in the ribs. Most times it won't shoot through them, but I was thinking about getting a 32 cal and playing with it. I would love to have one of those little Crockett rifles but don't feel like forking out the $400 plus dollars for one. Heck I would even settle for a cap lock. So keep your eyes peeled fellas in the next few months for a good looking inexpensive used 32 cal. By the end of this month I will have my latest flinter paid off and will be looking for the 32 cal

Best wishes,

Joe

swamp
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
I just saw one in a shop here yesterday. It is a replica but no marks on it I could find. The ramrod looks to be fiberglass. Overall looks pretty good. It is caplock. Round barrel. Didn't check tha bore. I think the price was $180.00.
If you would like I can get you the phone number of the shop or get some pics of it for you.

swamp

451 Pete
01-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Boerrancher,
I don't know how much you intend on spending but you may consider a Green Mountain drop in barrel in a .32. If you already have a TC Hawken it can get you into a .32 for a couple of hundred bucks. They come with adjustable sights, nipple and a ram rod and, in my opinion, work pretty well. This also could let you squirrel hunt with the same rifle as you deer hunt with.

Just a thought .... Pete

Hanshi
01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
The Crockett is a joy to carry and use, without a doubt. I have one I bought years ago but have to agree the price they go for now is just too much. However if I was considering paying $200 for a barrel to go on a large (soon to be heavy) gun I'd look around for the best deal on a Crockett I could find. The .32 is tailor made for small game. Minimal damage too. Good luck.

JeffinNZ
01-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Joe, I have yet to read a bad comment about the Crocketts. For the money they seem to be very good. .32cal RB runnings on the smell of a powder flask also. 15-20gr 3Fg.

Boerrancher
01-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks fellas. Swamp, if you don't mind getting me that phone number I think it would be a great place to start for now. I am going to start hitting the gun and pawn shops here in a month if I don't come up with one sooner.

Best wishes,

Joe

shooting on a shoestring
01-11-2012, 11:13 PM
My SuperGranny gifted me with a .32 Cal Pedersoli in the early 80s. I shoot it more than my .50 Mountain Rifle or my .45 custom target rifle. .32 is just plain fun, cheap fun, lots of fun. No recoil, low noise, and lots of fun. Get one.

swamp
01-12-2012, 01:47 AM
Boarrancher,
I will get by there tomorrow. Good excuse to go to a gunshop. I will let him know to expect a call so he dosen't think it is a crank. If you want I can take some pics while I am there. I am sure he wouldn't mind.

Tried to find the number, but I guess I didn't get one of his cards. It is only a couple of blocks from me.

swamp

Boerrancher
01-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Thanks Swamp. Don't put yourself out by trying to get pictures. I will have the shop send me photos. I would rather you try and take a peak at the bore if there is a way to do so, and let me know if it is clean or not.

Thank you again and best wishes,

Joe