PDA

View Full Version : S&W and Thompson Center closed????

Larry Gibson
01-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Is S&W and/or Thompson Center closed down???

I've had one of my TC barrels back at TC for replacement since September. When you call TC you now get the S&W Customer Service Center. At least you are supposed to and thats what the message says on the phone. I've tried all the extentions and get no one to answer since 5 January. The last message on the extension sayd they'd be shut down for the holidays from 22 December thru 2 January. Now that extention in TC service center is "out of service". When I talked with them they said the repalcement barrel would be made and shipped by end of November....it wasn't. Last I talked with them (early Dec) they said the replacement barrel would be produced 2nd week of Decemebr and shipped before January.....I haven't got anything.

Anyone know what's up with them?

Larry Gibson

smoked turkey
01-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Whew this is pretty big. Hopefully just a glitch in their system. I'll be watching this thread for details.

lbaize3
01-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Me too.......

stubshaft
01-10-2012, 03:58 PM
I tried to order some replacement Hammer Springs back in September and was told at that time, that they were reorganizing their operation and would be back in operation "soon".

archmaker
01-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I would say no, maybe just a glitch. You can go to S&W website, look at press releases and there is nothing there.

Also if you look at the stock is trading at or near it's 52 week high. So not like they are in the shape as some companies and being delisted.

So hopefully it, really is a glitch, as I would hate to have to think about no T/C. :(

quilbilly
01-10-2012, 11:20 PM
They sent me an extractor spring for a Contender in early December and said a locking bar would come soon. So far it hasn't arrived.

Thin Man
01-10-2012, 11:21 PM
I called them for repair parts about 2 weeks ago, and they arrived today (1-10-12). Since these parts arrived today, someone has been on the job to gather and ship them out in the past few days. Sorry, I did not check the post date when the package was shipped.

Thin Man

Larry Gibson
01-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Got through to them this morning.....got the same answer for the 3rd time...."scheduled for production, should be shipped by the end of the month." Thanks for the responses.

Larry Gibson

leadman
01-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Did they have an explanation of why the phone system seemed to be out of service?

I have a Contender frame I would like to send in but am wary of doing so.

quilbilly
01-11-2012, 09:16 PM
What could be happening is that the biggest wholesaler of hunting, shooting, and fishing supplies to independent retailers in the U.S. is holding its annual show in Las Vegas this week. For the shooting industry this is almost bigger than the SHOT show. If S&W isn't "all hands on deck" for this, they should be. I think I will wait a couple weeks before I call about the Contender parts I need so the dust in their office will settle.

mooman76
01-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Another board I go to some said they were moving their operation to another state, Mass.

HARRYMPOPE
01-11-2012, 11:08 PM
i got hold of them 3 days ago.it was a 20 minute hold but i got through and a part was ordered.

George

Hamish
01-11-2012, 11:13 PM
no joy. Tried to order a C .223 ejector, waited months and finally received an ejector spring and a print out stating they did know when I might (ever) get one.

blackthorn
01-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Maybe they hired Ben Cannon as sales manager???

stubshaft
01-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Another board I go to some said they were moving their operation to another state, Mass.

I guess they haven't gotten back up to speed yet.

The relocation is scheduled to commence in January 2011 and conclude by November 2011.

"We needed to streamline in order to make our company more efficient and profitable," Pluff said, noting the size of the Springfield facility as part of the reason for relocation. "We are not going to bring the foundry operation to Springfield. We'll try to sell that to another company."

Iowa Fox
01-12-2012, 10:16 PM
"We are not going to bring the foundry operation to Springfield. We'll try to sell that to another company."

Does Smith have their own foundry for the cast parts that they use? Or do they out source their castings for their current needs?