PDA

View Full Version : Beagleing a 5 cavity mold ?

Wayne S
01-09-2012, 03:01 PM
I would like try increasing the nose Dia. of a 5 cavity .225 mold, [NOE 225-70 RN] but only need to increase the nose Dia. probably .002 >-<.003
Would I put the tape only along the nose part of the mold on both sides of each cavity ?? and on one or both sides ?

Thank you.

Wayne S
01-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Unbelievable, NO one has anything to share about "beagleing" a multi-cavity mold

01-09-2012, 11:21 PM
I've only ever beagled two-cavity moulds, however . . . I would start with one piece of tape on one mould half, in the area that you want fatter. If the mould is of a gas check design, be sure to not increase the gas check shank's diameter.

You may have to experiement, but that's part of the fun of casting.

Wayne S
01-10-2012, 12:58 AM
I've only ever beagled two-cavity moulds, however . . . I would start with one piece of tape on one mould half, in the area that you want fatter. If the mould is of a gas check design, be sure to not increase the gas check shank's diameter.

You may have to experiement, but that's part of the fun of casting.
Thank you,
I don't know about "FUN" if it works it's "FUN", if it doesn't then it's "W A F W O T"
:bigsmyl2:

Calamity Jake
01-10-2012, 10:10 AM
If you just want the nose bigger then apply the tape below the nose area of the mold, for a 5 cav mold I would think 3-4 small strips of tape(¼ X ¼ max) would be enough.
The tape does not have to be directly below the cavity to work.

Wayne S
01-10-2012, 03:29 PM
If you just want the nose bigger then apply the tape below the nose area of the mold, for a 5 cav mold I would think 3-4 small strips of tape(¼ X ¼ max) would be enough.
The tape does not have to be directly below the cavity to work.

CJ,
you mean like this;
l l
l l
l l
\ /
tape
tape
tape
PM sent