PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good pocket holster

GREENCOUNTYPETE
01-06-2012, 12:50 PM
I am looking for a good pocket holster , if you can recommend a brand and model that would be great.

if you could say what you like about it or if you have a bad experience with one.

DaveCampbell
01-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Though I have no personal experience with pocket holsters, I know several who do. Nearly all of them prefer the DeSantis brand. Models are determined by the particular gun. Google DeSantis Holsters and follow the links.

HTH,

Dave

crabo
01-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Here's what I use with a 642 with a speed strip in the holster and one in the back pocket.

https://www.tuffproducts.com/product.php?productid=16252&cat=268&page=1

RKJ
01-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Though I have no personal experience with pocket holsters, I know several who do. Nearly all of them prefer the DiSantis brand. Models are determined by the particular gun. Google DiSantis Holsters and follow the links.

HTH,

Dave

I also like Desantis. www.desantisholster.com I got their Nemesis for a Ruger LCP and it keeps it snug and warm. The only mod I "had" to do was trim a little off the trigger guard area as it would push the mag release while riding in my back pocket. Expecting 6+1 rounds in an OH NO situation and only having a single shot would not be good. It did fix the problem though (and hopefully I'll never have one of those situations).

Love Life
01-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Desantis Nemesis. great little holster.

Shepherd2
01-07-2012, 06:55 AM
I've been using the DeSantis Nemesis for several years and it works well for me. The outside has a kind of tacky feeling surface that helps it stay where you position it in your pocket. It also helps keep the holster in your pocket if you should need to draw your pistol.

The price won't break the budget either. I think I paid less than $30 for mine.

winelover
01-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Another plug for the DeSantis Nemesis. Also, it is reversible for us Southpaws.

Winelover

contender1
01-07-2012, 10:01 AM
The only pocket holster I have fits my Ruger LCP. It came from Ruger, and it's suede exterior allows EASY drawing of the gun from the pocket.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
01-08-2012, 10:04 AM
this is for a LC9 , i have been looking at the nemesis and super fly , a few of the reviewers said that they had problems with fit with the LC9 in the Nemesis as it has an over sized trigger guard i will probably just have to order one and try.

i tried a black hawk yesterday as much as i could in the holster isle at gander mountain . it came out with the gun a few times , it only had one stripe of sticky material and printed worse than the gun by itself

the uncle mikes was an even cheaper feeling version of the black hawk for the same price.

Love Life
01-08-2012, 10:20 AM
I would give Desantis a call. If the nemesis will work you will be very happy with it.

Shooter
01-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Save your money, buy an Uncle Mike's.

imashooter2
01-08-2012, 10:46 AM
I pocket carry a J frame. The Uncle Mike's is great if you wish to draw the holster and not the gun. The Desantis Nemesis is much better than the Uncle Mikes, but after daily use for a couple months it conforms to the gun and starts to draw with it and needs to be replaced. I now use a Mika with complete satisfaction. I know it looks like dung, but I'm after performance, not looks. The Mika doesn't conform to the gun, is waterproof to help keep sweat off the gun and most important, it stays in my pocket when I draw.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/