PDA

View Full Version : Lube Dye

Old Reb
01-06-2012, 11:19 AM
I know most use Crayons, but I thought this might be a useful alternative.

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/candledyes/dyeblocks.html

44man
01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I know most use Crayons, but I thought this might be a useful alternative.

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/candledyes/dyeblocks.html
Why? I don't see lube with loaded rounds. It is only pretty in a box of boolits and color has no affect on shooting.
If I could make it the color of my blond dog, would she let me shoot better groups? :kidding:
Yeah, I am pulling your chain, I just can't resist.

Reg
01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Nothing wrong with putting a bit of color in a lube, a touch of class, I would say !!

:bigsmyl2:

cbrick
01-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Why? I don't see lube with loaded rounds. It is only pretty in a box of boolits and color has no affect on shooting. Yeah, I am pulling your chain, I just can't resist.

I use candle dye on occasion to help me identify a lube. The last time was when I made my own Speed Green and then used that to make Lotak. The Lotak was exactly the same color as the Speed Green that I bought from Dan so in went red candle dye and I now have bright red Lotak. I pour my lube into sticks to store and when I open the container the sticks are in and it's red I know exactly what it is. Does it shoot any better being red? :veryconfu Of course not but I do know what I am putting in the Star lubrisizer.

Rick

Green Frog
01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I use candle dye on occasion to help me identify a lube. The last time was when I made my own Speed Green and then used that to make Lotak. The Lotak was exactly the same color as the Speed Green that I bought from Dan so in went red candle dye and I now have bright red Lotak. I pour my lube into sticks to store and when I open the container the sticks are in and it's red I know exactly what it is. Does it shoot any better being red? :veryconfu Of course not but I do know what I am putting in the Star lubrisizer.

Rick

+1 to candle dye. When I make my almost-famous Frog Guano, I add a stick or two of green candle dye to the mix... it actually is in a paraffin carrier to make the sticks, and that's the only paraffin in my aFFG.:mrgreen:

Froggie