PDA

View Full Version : A family need your prayers.

littlejack
01-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Hey Ladies and Gentlemen.
My heart is filled with sorry and sadness, as today I went to the gun club where I do all of my shooting. I did not go to shoot, but my wife and I went to offer our sincere condolences to the clug/range caretakers family. I believe there are mom and dad and 6 children.
I got home from the range on Tuesday at a shooting session as usual. I unloaded all of my stuff and proceded to evaluate my finding at the range. Unbeknownst to me there was a tragedy just twenty minutes after I had left the range. I did not find out about this until yesterday (Wednesday) on the news.
Apparently, two of the younger members of the family (sons) were handling their firearms at their residence (on the club site). One a teen, and the older just 20 years. The teens firearm discharged, killing his older brother.
This family was no strangers to firearms and hunting. I would say that all of them had passed hunters saftey.
I have only met members of the OGG family by casual passing while at the club. They are such nice people. Yes, they are Christians. The children are so nice to be around. They are very polite and respectful. The mother works around in keeping up with things on the club grounds. The father works for an aggregate company in town.
He has hand made some beautiful rustic furniture for the club house.
This morning, I hugged this man in so much pain, only our Savior in Christ will be able to mend his heart. He ask for prayers for them, and especially his son who was holding the discharged firearm.
I am asking all of you to pray for a family of strangers. My God, I feel so bad inside for them.
Please be careful.

Moderators, if this is not in the appropriate site, please post as you see fit.
Jack

Bullet Caster
01-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Prayers are on the way. It's a tragedy when something like this happens to a good Christian family. They will be in my prayers. BC

LAH
01-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Horrible news. May The Lord intercede.

DLCTEX
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
That's just too tough. Prayers sent.

blackthorn
01-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Prayers sent!

Olevern
01-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Prayers sent, not much else can be said. When the human heart is too grieved to even utter a prayer, the Holy Spirit intervenes for them by translating their unspeakable grief to prayers on their behalf.

God's love and grace is sufficient.

gon2shoot
01-05-2012, 11:21 PM
done, prayers sent

skeettx
01-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Yes, prayer lifted up
Mike

Muddy Creek Sam
01-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Prayers up for the Family, Loosing a Child was the hardest thing I ever had to go through. But this has to be an unbearable sorrow.

Peace and Comfort from the Lord should help,

Sam

burntpowder
01-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I and my wife will pray for this family...God bless and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

littlejack
01-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Thank you all so much.
We don't realize just how frail we are until something like this happens.
The closer it is to us, the more it hurts.
May our Lord in heaven bless us all with his redeaming love and mercy.
Jack

missionary5155
01-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Good morning
Will do. Mike in Peru

gray wolf
01-06-2012, 11:35 AM
At a loss for words, What a horrible tragedy.
Prayers offered.
May the Lord our father God keep this family strong in this terrible time of need.
Keep them together Lord as a solid family unit.
Lay your healing, comforting hands on each one Lord.
Shore them up dear Lord if they weaken in this time of sorrow.
I ask this of you Lord in the name of Jesus.

Sam

fatelk
01-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I just realized that I know the family. I don't know them personally, but have seen them around at the range and talked to them on occasion, as I used to be a member of the gun club. Really super nice people. I can't even imagine the heartbreak. Our prayers are with them.

littlejack
01-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Thank you all again.
They layed that young man to rest Saturday. What a memorial. There were over 600 folks there. That young man was so loved by so many.
Apparently, the young man was resting on his bed. There was a shotgun that had been used to scare off a hawk from the chickencoop, leaning on a dresser. The young mans teen brother came in their room and proceeded to move the shotgun. He was leaning it up by the door and it fell over, discharging and killing his older brother.
The shotgun had not been unloaded when brought back into their room from outside.
It only takes one time to make a mistake that will haunt a person forever.
God be with him in heaven. May we all never know such a horrible torment. Amen

jmsj
01-17-2012, 10:15 PM
My family will pray for theirs. I can't even begin to imagine their sorrow.
I just got done talking w/ my kids (7 & 11) about this situation. Both of them are shooters and they say that they will pray for this family tonight.
May God bless this family and give them strength, jmsj

littlejack
01-18-2012, 12:06 AM
jmsj:
Thank you sir. Glad you shared this situation with your kids.
This is our duties to keep our children as safe as we can teach them. From then on, we can only pray that they never forget for a second what was taught. For it only took just that second to lose a loved one.
Jack

I

stubshaft
01-18-2012, 02:18 AM
Prayers sent and condolences to the family.