PDA

View Full Version : Met a fine forum member today,,,

contender1
01-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Today, I had the pleasure of enjoying lunch, and meeting a Forum member. Blammer! Heck of a nice guy! And, it appears that not only do we both enjoy shooting, casting, guns etc, our businesses may compliment each other from time to time. All in all, it was a pleasurable lunch! I'm sure we'll get to do it again, as we don't live too far apart!

Wayne Smith
01-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Had the chance to meet Darrell last year when we vacationed in Lake Lure, didn't know you, Contender, then. Looking to be in the Maggie Valley area this spring for a week. Probably ought to get together one day. We are looking at trout fishing while we are there. LOML wants to learn to fly fish, wants a guide to teach her. I'm too impatient!

contender1
01-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Wayne, while we have trout in my area, (Rocky Broad River, it's harder to flyfish there due to the trees brush, etc. Up around Maggie & Cherokee, it's easier, and there are guides & schools to help. However, we do have state supported (stocked) trout in RBR. Crickets, or redworms are deadly when bounced along with just one splitshot and a # 8 hook. I also enjoy spinner fishing for them.
If you make it down this way again, I own a private gun range just outside Lake Lure off Hwy #9 south. I'm just a little over 1 mile from the lake. Give me a hollar & we can break out a few toys!

Wayne Smith
01-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Wayne, while we have trout in my area, (Rocky Broad River, it's harder to flyfish there due to the trees brush, etc. Up around Maggie & Cherokee, it's easier, and there are guides & schools to help. However, we do have state supported (stocked) trout in RBR. Crickets, or redworms are deadly when bounced along with just one splitshot and a # 8 hook. I also enjoy spinner fishing for them.
If you make it down this way again, I own a private gun range just outside Lake Lure off Hwy #9 south. I'm just a little over 1 mile from the lake. Give me a hollar & we can break out a few toys!

I'm sure if we asked nicely Darrell would be willing to join us, too!

Alstep
01-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I had the pleasure to meet Wayne about 2 years ago, while he was vacationing in the area. He came over and we had a nice evening chewing the fat about shooting and casting. Would like to meet more of the membership here.
Keep your powder dry,
Al

Blammer
01-07-2012, 10:01 PM
I enjoyed meeting you to contender.

Me and the kids will be interested in the fishing!

I'd go for some range time one day. I've got a bunch of 9mm I need to shoot up.

contender1
01-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Range time can be arranged! I was out there yesterday, plinking a bit, and working some too. Today, I just did some more work. I'm working towards another shed.