PDA

View Full Version : Walmart laws

Jamesconn
01-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Well I'm still 16 I go varmit hunting and trapping with my Henry lever action .22lr.
I hate cci all the duds I find at the range are cci, but when hunting I wanted a box to put the ammo in so I searched the Internet and nobody makes the egg carton type boxes for .22lr just boxes so I finally decided to just buy a box of cci and use that my mom had to go to town for doctor appt my brother was doin something too so I asked to come with me to get the ammo and walmart says 21 just to be on the safe side they didn't ask if it was for a rifle just the computer won't let you buy it he's 20 ( I had the same problem trying to buy a can of gun scrubber at academy).

I wanna grow up I think I was born in the wrong time period maybe 40 years ago.
I honestly think America won't survive my generation.

wgr
01-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Well I'm still 16 I go varmit hunting and trapping with my Henry lever action .22lr.
I hate cci all the duds I find at the range are cci, but when hunting I wanted a box to put the ammo in so I searched the Internet and nobody makes the egg carton type boxes for .22lr just boxes so I finally decided to just buy a box of cci and use that my mom had to go to town for doctor appt my brother was doin something too so I asked to come with me to get the ammo and walmart says 21 just to be on the safe side they didn't ask if it was for a rifle just the computer won't let you buy it he's 20 ( I had the same problem trying to buy a can of gun scrubber at academy).

America will survive if young men like your self will help it. there are lots of you guys out there and lots of us old timers willing to help you. stay the course .

Ickisrulz
01-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Is this what you were looking for:

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/handgun/ammo-boxes-handgun-sb-22.html

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/handgun/ammo-boxes-handgun-sb-200.html

Things have gotten a lot better concerning gun laws in the last 10-20 years or so.

When I was a kid in NY you had to actually show ID and sign for any "handgun" ammo you bought (not just be 21). It's not like that anymore.

Most of the country now has CCW "shall issue" laws. Many states have "castle doctrines."

The federal AWB sunsetted and is not likely to be re-inacted.

We may see more improvements yet. "Gun Free Zones" are being challenged. Americans seem less likely to scream for more guns laws after shooting, etc. So don't be so pessimistic.

frankenfab
01-04-2012, 08:37 PM

Things have gotten a lot better concerning gun laws in the last 10-20 years or so.

When I was a kid in NY you had to actually show ID and sign for any "handgun" ammo you bought (not just be 21). It's not like that anymore.

Most of the country now has CCW "shall issue" laws. Many states have "castle doctrines."

We may see more improvements yet. "Gun Free Zones" are being challenged. Americans seem less likely to scream for more guns laws after shooting, etc. So don't be so pessimistic.

I really like your positive outlook!

Now, if we could just get that little mistake they made in 1986 reversed, we would be in Hog heaven.

koehlerrk
01-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Walmart..... managed by gun-haters, staffed by idiots. Since I live in NY state, they require you to have a pistol permit to buy pistol ammo. Even if it's going to be used in a rifle. So I got to the gunshop and buy 38s and 357s for my Marlin levergun.

As time goes on, I find I'm buying less and less at Walmart... mostly because of their crappy policies and everything they sell is made in China.

Stick_man
01-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Walmart was just taking the easy (lazy) way out. I feel that it is because so many of their employees couldn't tell the difference if they had to between a rifle, pistol, shotgun, airsoft gun, or even a cap gun. So, because you have to be 21 to purchase handgun ammo, that is the "least common denominator." I find it kind of silly that they have shotgun ammo on the shelves but all the rifle and handgun ammo locked up.

Walmart seems to be quite anti-gun and my impression is that the only reason they sell any guns or ammo at all is because it brings in customers who wouldn't otherwise shop there. Most times, when somebody enters a store, they end up buying something.

As wgr said, stay the course. Become a responsible VOTING adult and encourage all you come in contact with to do the same. There is strength in todays youth just like there was strength in the youth of yesteryear. Responsibly staying the course, we can make a difference and eliminate some of the unreasonable laws that are on the books today.

Jamesconn
01-04-2012, 08:44 PM
I'll admit I'm kinda pessimistic probably cause all the liberals down here don't like guns answer question with question. Deny all facts without a logical reason, and blame everything on bush and the only reason Obama is screwing America is because of bush.

I am already educating friends on guns and helping people pick the right ones and taking friends parents who want guns for the first time to the range.

Jamesconn
01-04-2012, 08:47 PM

I already store my .22 in a ammo can and I take it to the range I wanted something that slips in the pocket or clips on the belt.

Ickisrulz
01-04-2012, 08:52 PM
I really like your positive outlook!

Now, if we could just get that little mistake they made in 1986 reversed, we would be in Hog heaven.

I'm not really a positive person. But facts are facts. Overall we're in much better shape then we were a couple of decades ago. We just need to keep pushing any way we can.

I wonder now that we have the upperhand (so to speak) if there is really anyway for anti-gunners to cause things to go back to the way they were. CCW proliferation has shown how lawful those who carry are. The AWB did nothing at all for crime control. The country tried it the "Brady Way" and we found out they were wrong. Perhaps we'll see NFA/GCA laws being overturned. We just don't know.

If you asked someone in 1980 if they thought in 2012 that 38 states would allow any citizen to carry concealed hanguns if they met the normal requirements for owning a firearm (plus a fee and training) what do you think the answer would have been? But here we sit.

Ickisrulz
01-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I already store my .22 in a ammo can and I take it to the range I wanted something that slips in the pocket or clips on the belt.

Like this?

http://www.amazon.com/MTM-Ammo-Belt-Pouch-Red/dp/B004XLAVLK

starmac
01-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Just don't get too overconfident. I think they may have not put up as much of a fight, because there is bigger plans in the works for the longhaul for our guns/ ammo.

DLCTEX
01-04-2012, 09:04 PM
James, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple empty CCI boxes.

Ickisrulz
01-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Just don't get too overconfident. I think they may have not put up as much of a fight, because there is bigger plans in the works for the longhaul for our guns/ ammo.

No, we shouldn't get overconfident. But I'm not sure that all the theories on banning ammo or reloading componets are correct. This would upset jobs and the economy. Nor do I see our gun ownership being controlled by the UN or some treaty. This would be too fast for Americans and they would rebel.

I could be wrong.

jcwit
01-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Man, I remember the days when an 8 year old could come into the hardware store and buy .22's by the pc. Remember selling them 5 or 10 or 15 at a time.

Remember selling shotgun shells the same way.

Springfield
01-04-2012, 09:44 PM
If you think you have idiot liberals there in Texas you should try living in California for a while! They tried to pass that signing for ammo law again, we STILL have the AWB AND the 10 round magazine ban. We are not allowed to sell a gun to anyone without going through an FFL, with a 10 day wait. We have a "safety drop test" for handguns that limits what can be sold here if the manufacturer decides not to send guns for testing. We have the 50 caliber ban. We are only allowed to buy one handgun a month. And just try to get a permit for concealed carry. If you live in a town of any decent size it will never go through. Things may be better nationwide but it is a tough row to hoe here in the sunshine state.

waynem34
01-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Patience will get you along way.Builds great individuals.Time really does fly, so never wish to be older.Have Fun.I have no problems with my ruger 10-22 and cci or federal bulk pack.Maybe light strike

wgr
01-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Man, I remember the days when an 8 year old could come into the hardware store and buy .22's by the pc. Remember selling them 5 or 10 or 15 at a time.

i remember that too. o no we are getting old:smile:

captain-03
01-04-2012, 11:35 PM

Did not sell 'em; but certainly remember buying shotgun shells by the piece as a kid!!

Mumblypeg
01-04-2012, 11:43 PM

That's the way I bought them when I was young... couldn't afford a whole box. Made us good shots too! Don't miss! We ain't got many shells!:D

leadman
01-05-2012, 12:01 AM
In Arizona now you do not need a CCW to carry concealed. Just no felony record and probably other requirements. I has a CCW and will be maintaining it as it makes buying firearms from a dealer so much easier.

I remember taking a gun to school for an in-school hunter ed program. This was taught by one of the teachers during normal school hours.

I think we need to be really vigilant because if the present administration stays in office there true intent will surface I'm afraid.

kmag
01-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Remember those days well. Bought shotshells and center fire by the piece. Usually saved up for a box of short .22's those cost 17 cents a box. Bought my first pistol in a gun shop when I was 13. It was the top of the line "Saturday Night Special" RG-22 Came with a holster and I talked the guy into throwing in a box of shorts. Cost 8.50. The pistol would fire single action every time, but skipped a lot using double action. It would hold a group on a 9 inch pine tree at about 10 feet.

jpatm2
01-05-2012, 12:16 AM

You could also try this:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=32296/Product/CATCH-22-MAGAZINE-LOADER

Real nifty if you have a tube magazine.

Vinne
01-05-2012, 12:45 AM
In Arizona now you do not need a CCW to carry concealed. Just no felony record and probably other requirements. I has a CCW and will be maintaining it as it makes buying firearms from a dealer so much easier.

I remember taking a gun to school for an in-school hunter ed program. This was taught by one of the teachers during normal school hours.

I think we need to be really vigilant because if the present administration stays in office there true intent will surface I'm afraid.

Leadman, I think we have seen there true intent and it is scary!! They believe if it can't be passed the regular way then sneak it in at night. Another four years of this and we will be in the toilet.

crabo
01-05-2012, 01:27 AM

It pisses me off when people talk down about your generation. I spend a lot of time with high school students everyday. I believe there are more worthless ones than before, but there are also a lot of first rate kids out there.

Don't sell your generation short.

Ickisrulz
01-05-2012, 01:38 AM
Things may be better nationwide but it is a tough row to hoe here in the sunshine state.

Isn't Florida the Sunshine state and California the Golden state

220swiftfn
01-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Walmart..... managed by gun-haters, staffed by idiots. Since I live in NY state, they require you to have a pistol permit to buy pistol ammo. Even if it's going to be used in a rifle. So I got to the gunshop and buy 38s and 357s for my Marlin levergun.

As time goes on, I find I'm buying less and less at Walmart... mostly because of their crappy policies and everything they sell is made in China.

Yep, there is no such thing as a "pistol round" anymore.......

Need .45acp? Thompson
.45 Colt? '92
.40? Marlin Camp Carbine
9MM? Same as above....

The policies that some stores have are ludicrous, and it's worse when they follow them........

Dan

lead-1
01-05-2012, 02:02 AM
A gun store near here has an age verifier on the cash register, when you check out your purchase it will halt the sale until an age is verified preferably by picture ID, it also prompts knife sales.
I remember back when I was in high school you had to be 18 and sign for .22 shells and BB's so my parents had to go buy them for me.

AllAlaskan
01-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Last time I picked up some .22lr rounds they asked me if it was for a rifle or pistal. Might just be where your at. Also im surprised you have so many issues with cci. The best rounds I have found for my gun are CCI Mini Mags. I have only had 1 dud out of only God knows how many boxes.

Bret4207
01-05-2012, 07:10 AM
That's nothing more than a Walmart store policy. They've tried the same thing here, demanding a pistol permit to buy any ammo that could possibly go in a handgun. They used to have a sign up saying it's Federal or State law, which it wasn't and they were taken to task on it in court in NY IIRC. I believe as a store policy they can do as they wish, but to call it law is wrong. Your State law may cover this.

WILCO
01-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Walmart was just taking the easy (lazy) way out.

To be fair, Walmart has been sued because of shootings at their stores in the past. Current policies are CYA while still offering products to their customers.

KYCaster
01-05-2012, 10:59 AM
To be fair, Walmart has been sued because of shootings at their stores in the past. Current policies are CYA while still offering products to their customers.

Does that mean their stores are safer to shop in because of those policies?

Or that now they're protected from law suits if someone is shot in their store?

I doubt that it changes anything.

Jerry

Recluse
01-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I'll admit I'm kinda pessimistic probably cause all the liberals down here don't like guns answer question with question. Deny all facts without a logical reason, and blame everything on bush and the only reason Obama is screwing America is because of bush.

I am already educating friends on guns and helping people pick the right ones and taking friends parents who want guns for the first time to the range.

You are living in one of the two most liberal places in all of Texas, with Austin being the other. Even then, Austin has more conservatives than your area.

When you turn eighteen and graduate from high school, my suggestion would be to pack your bags and leave just as fast as you can, either to college, trade school, military or better economy somewhere else in the state.

As far as bad rimfire ammunition goes, I'm not sure there is any GOOD rimfire ammo anymore. I've bought the big bulk boxes of Federal, Remington and Winchester and had one-hundred percent pure lousy luck with them, with the Remington being SO bad that I tossed the barely used box of 500 rounds in the trash at the range.

I had one dud after another, failure to feed (in my Ruger MkII bull barrel, Ruger 10/22, High Standard) and accuracy? Zero accuracy. In all three guns, the bulets went seemingly where they wanted to--sure as heck not where I was aiming.

I used to love shooting .22 more than just about anything. Last few years, it's just become a source of aggravation and frustration I don't need.

:coffee:

Recluse
01-05-2012, 11:15 AM
It pisses me off when people talk down about your generation.

Agree, and find it ironic that so many of those talking down about today's generation of youth grew up in the 60's, rebelling, dope-smoking, burning their draft cards and otherwise being more useless than teats on a turtle. . . :rolleyes:

Look at our military TODAY. Outstanding soldiers, sailors and airmen. That is made up of today's generation. 'Nuff said.

:coffee:

jcwit
01-05-2012, 11:33 AM
There's good .22 ammo available to day, just costs more, like most everything else.

Ickisrulz
01-05-2012, 11:50 AM
There's good .22 ammo available to day, just costs more, like most everything else.

I shoot an awful lot of rimfire. Out of the Federal 550 I use, I estimate 1-2 duds for every two 550 round boxes.

I can't remember the last time I had a dud from CCI 22s. I just shot a box of Standard and a box of Subsonic last month.

I recently started on some Blazers (CCI's lesser offering) and not a misfire yet. It seems like a winner and when ordered online and in bulk it's much cheaper than anything at Wal-Mart.

Remington 22s is a known and long existing problem. I hate it and won't buy it. I feel almost the same about Winchester's stuff.

There's the expensive stuff too ($5-16/50). I've never had a dud using premium 22 ammo.

jcwit
01-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Exactly Ickisrulz.

All of my cheap (inexpensive) .22's are from back before the shortage as I have bunches left over. Non of it Remington. Have little problems with it, not sure about todays production tho.

Mostly what I buy today is the SK Match ammo, Lapua, and Eley. As you say Zero duds with this.

Harter66
01-05-2012, 01:01 PM
I pick up a mixed bag of dropped 22s the only issues I've had w/any of them save 10 or so of the last couple 1000 was dirty guns ,and damaged parts. Recoil spring in 1 firing pin in another.

Wal mart is special ,about 3 years ago just and hr or so before opening day shooting hrs a greeter stops me on my way out and says "sure glad that holster is empty I couldn't have let you in",no laws resticting open carry here unless posted as out side of the business and Clark county. They carded me for booze on my 45th birthday ,we have this new drivers license system I didn't have the new 1 yet the old 1 had expired and my inbetween paper work was not readable enough for them. so they declined to sell to me . The guy behind me says "I'll get it, man this is stupid", the cleck flags a manager, that reads this guy the straw purchase riot act finishing w/and don't think I won't call police. Really. Serious,it really happened.

Ickisrulz
01-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I pick up a mixed bag of dropped 22s the only issues I've had w/any of them save 10 or so of the last couple 1000 was dirty guns ,and damaged parts. Recoil spring in 1 firing pin in another.

Wal mart is special ,about 3 years ago just and hr or so before opening day shooting hrs a greeter stops me on my way out and says "sure glad that holster is empty I couldn't have let you in",no laws resticting open carry here unless posted as out side of the business and Clark county. They carded me for booze on my 45th birthday ,we have this new drivers license system I didn't have the new 1 yet the old 1 had expired and my inbetween paper work was not readable enough for them. so they declined to sell to me . The guy behind me says I'll get man this is stupid , the cleck flag a manager that reads this guy the straw purchase riot act finishing w/and don't think I won't call police. Really. Serious,it really happened.

My father, who is in his 60s, still gets carded at Wal-Mart. Fear has edged out common sense in our country now. Of course, there are those Werner Syndrome sufferers out there buying beer that Wal-Mart has to foil.

Jamesconn
01-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm not really talking down to my generation there are alot of bad apples but ive seen some really good ones too.

I think because of the state we are in now not that my generation is a fail that America might not make it till I die

rr2241tx
01-05-2012, 02:36 PM

The mistake you refer to was made in 1934. The Constitution is fairly clear on the point, "...shall not be infringed." No conditions, no limitations, no exceptions.

Restoration of Constitutional government as established by the framers SHOULD be the first and only priority of our elected officials and if it was they'd have no reason to fear the Second Amendment.

geargnasher
01-05-2012, 02:42 PM
A few months ago, I got carded for masking tape at an Ace Hardware store that I've been shopping at with my own money since I was six years old. I'm 36 and probably look it. I noticed they never card me for using my Visa, even though I wrote "see photo ID" in the signature line.

Masking tape? Really? What's next, mouthwash?

Gear

geargnasher
01-05-2012, 02:44 PM
The mistake you refer to was made in 1934. The Constitution is fairly clear on the point, "...shall not be infringed." No conditions, no limitations, no exceptions.

Restoration of Constitutional government as established by the framers SHOULD be the first and only priority of our elected officials and if it was they'd have no reason to fear the Second Amendment.

No one has ever put it better than that. You should send that to the NRA and they should make it their slogan.

Gear

Bret4207
01-05-2012, 06:39 PM

Wal mart is special ,about 3 years ago just and hr or so before opening day shooting hrs a greeter stops me on my way out and says "sure glad that holster is empty I couldn't have let you in",no laws resticting open carry here unless posted as out side of the business and Clark county. They carded me for booze on my 45th birthday ,we have this new drivers license system I didn't have the new 1 yet the old 1 had expired and my inbetween paper work was not readable enough for them. so they declined to sell to me . The guy behind me says I'll get man this is stupid , the cleck flag a manager that reads this guy the straw purchase riot act finishing w/and don't think I won't call police. Really. Serious,it really happened.

Wow, I'm going to remember this the next time someone tells me how dumb NYs laws are!

jcwit
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Whats the problem with masking tape?

shaune509
01-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Two years back family and I areat Wlly's world after christmas and the 12 yo son picked out an Airsoft pistol, go to the check out and I with the 3yo in my arms walk just past the son as he is at the till, the teller says he can't get the gun as to young, I step up and say I as the parent allow it, the teller says he can not get it as he is handing her the cash. I put the fussy 3yu on the table take money from son and hand to teller, she still says 'HE' is the buyer and does not want to close the sale, well I sortove went off on her in a raised voice as that I would never buy any toy like this for my self and it would always be for a kid. Then some other teller yelled over to do the sale and we left. Waltens Mercantile is not my faverate place but some times they are the only place just bugs me more that the employies can not use some brain matter.
shaune509

Harter66
01-05-2012, 07:54 PM
It probably flagged as paint ,there are lots of city/county ordinances all over about markers and paint they are favorites of taggers and grafitti artists. Sometimes its even limited to zone areas w/in cities.

Bullet Caster
01-05-2012, 08:29 PM
That is the most ridiculous store policy I've ever heard about. You need to move to TN as I can go into a Wally World and buy all the ammo I want and am never carded. If they did card me, I'd just show my CCW permit. So far haven't had a hard time buying ammo at Wally World. And as far as the now generation there's always the good, bad and the ugly--but I'd like to think that there are more good than the other two. BC

starmac
01-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Wow, I'm going to remember this the next time someone tells me how dumb NYs laws are!

Bret this is happening in several states, I saw it happen here and have heard of it in several states. I know in NM it doesn't matter if you are 99 and look it, ni id no sale and folks can be busted for buying it for you.

here they have a different picture or something on a license if you are convicted of a dui that makes beer sales illegal. I'm not sure how it works.

starmac
01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Are some wallmarts still requiring a fingerprint when you write a check, that is the one that I couldn't go for.

Bret4207
01-06-2012, 07:15 AM
NY is looking relatively sane in several areas then!

Ickisrulz
01-06-2012, 01:01 PM
NY is looking relatively sane in several areas then!

My father, in his 60s, gets asked for ID at a Wal-Mart in NY. But, I don't think that has anything to do with the law there.

I grew up in NY (near Saratoga Springs). It is so nice in Upstate NY. It makes me sad that I cannot even think about living there. Taxes are way too high. Gun laws are outragous. Cost of living...too high.

Then there's the grudge I carry against the state for making me pay child support on a woman (my unmarried daughter raised by my ex-wife) with two kids until she was 21.

ErikO
01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Only trouble I have with buying ammo at a Walmart here in St Louis is finding someone with the derned key. lol

Rangefinder
01-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Wow, and I thought the Wal-mart down the road was a little 'off' for requiring ID when I bought empty plastic ammo storage boxes. I asked the woman if she would card me again if I ran over to housewares and bought a couple tupperware sandwich containers. I got glared at. I said "same damned thing, isn't it--a couple empty plastic boxes with lids?" The evil eye continued as I payed and left.

Yes, I fully understand the lady didn't make the rule. But I don't feel bad about voicing the stupidity of it one bit.

Ickisrulz
01-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Yes, I fully understand the lady didn't make the rule. But I don't feel bad about voicing the stupidity of it one bit.

I feel the same way. One time I got stopped leaving WalMart so they could check my receipt for the vacuum cleaner in my cart. I'm a middle aged guy with a cart full of plastic bags and a $40 vacuum leaving the check out area...and they want to check the receipt for the vacuum? I told the lady what I thought of their policy. Target the kids carrying a TV out the door...don't harrass a customer who obviously paid. I love it when stores tell you, "it's our policy" like it's out of their hands or something. There's no common sense or umpowerment of the "associates."

bowfin
01-06-2012, 07:14 PM
My son was accused of being a straw buyer for an airsoft pistol by a clerk at Wal-Mart. He called her on it and asked to see the store manager. He had it out with the manager who threw up his arms and said, "Sell him the gun."

Sometimes you have to demand what you deserve. It doesn't have to be the guy in the White House or Congress who wants to take away your rights, sometimes it can be someone like the Wal-Mart clerk.

Wal-Mart is on its way down, by the way. It is now the most expensive place to buy groceries in a town of 20,000 here in Nebraska. So why go there? For the ambiance?

starmac
01-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Look at the new Il law, it already has cashiers getting threatened. It has nothing to do with guns or ammo, but now you have to have id and sign a log to buy drain cleaner or a lot of other household chemicals. lol
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/01/05/new-law-requires-photo-id-to-buy-drain-cleaner/

exile
01-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Carded for an airsoft gun or masking tape? You have got to be kidding.

Since I recently purchased a Savage MK II BV, I have been going to every store in the vicinity looking for different types of .22 ammo to test. I have had bad experiences at Walmart in the past (wanting I.D. to purchase .22 ammo) but the last several days I have had good experiences. Friendly clerks, no B.S..

Walmart seems to be totally out of bulk ammo. The local gunshop I usually go to carries no bulk .22 at all. The pawn shop I went to had no .22 rimfire at all. The lady at Walmart said that they had no Remington, Winchester or Federal bulk ammo because the factory was completely out.

I have been telling myself that I would not worry so much about bulk ammo, but by my calculations if I buy in bulk I can shoot for two cents a round, with individually boxed ammo the cost goes up to five cents a round.

I am thinking about trying to shoot some prairie dogs this spring, and would like to buy some Winchester Power Points for that, but have not seen any in several years.

All the gun laws and hand-wringing have done nothing but encourage crime. My sister used to be a missionary in Taiwan and my brother-in-law had no interest in guns before he went overseas. Now he has a concealed carry permit, wants to participate in Appleseed events, and is interested in building his own AR. He said that if people in Taiwan got mad at you, they would just burn your house down.

The best thing I have found for carrying .22 ammo are the blue boxes that Midway packages their bulk jacketed bullets in. For some reason the Speer boxes won't stay closed. I have also used discarded pill bottles.

Sorry for the rambling.

exile

Jamesconn
01-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Only trouble I have with buying ammo at a Walmart here in St Louis is finding someone with the derned key. lol

this too they take forever there isnt even anybody behind the counter EVER i have to find somebody and have them call somebody to the counter repeat this process 3 times and about 30 min later somebody shows and doesnt know anything about guns at all I have to physically point at the box of the federal bulk packs.

Also when I was buyin a couple boxes at a time to fill my 50cal ammo can of federal 22s i got the bull about only having one box and it had already been opened. the woman said somebody wanted to see it and when they saw it was bulk packed not in egg cartons he didnt want it so i bought it because that was the only box they had they only have maybe 2 boxes. I didnt think walmart would let people open the box.

c3d4b2
01-07-2012, 07:06 PM
From what I have read about similar incidents, I think it has more to do with the local managers the corporate policy.

Read a post on another board about certain Indiana's WalMarts saying it was against the law to purchase ammo after midnight. (He was trying to buy ammo on his way home from working second shift). The guy called the state police. The State police said there were no stat restrictions, but he should check with the ATF. The ATF was contacted and reported there were no federal time restrictions, but he should check with the state.

It came out in the posts that most other Indian Walmarts sold ammo and this was an isolated incident that other had had issues with also. A previous Walmart employee recomended calling the Walmart head quarters and voicing their displeasure regarding the stores misinformation.

MT Gianni
01-07-2012, 07:17 PM
I am glad I live where there are plenty of other choices. I used to go to Wal-Mart for a donut, soda and a bulk pack once a quarter but quit donuts a while back.

Mike in TX
01-09-2012, 05:48 PM

In the 1950's we also bought dynamite at the feed store for farm work. 3 colors if IIRC. No one in the area ever blew themselves up though an outhouse or 2 are no more.

:drinks:

mroliver77
01-12-2012, 12:08 AM
We must have a better grade of WM workers here! I rarely have any issues with the store or its workers. Some are dullards and or slow moving but aim to please. When the ID for paint, meds, glue etc. pops up it is usually met with a grimace, snarl or sigh from the worker and the proper button is pushed to move on with no action required by me.

I don't drink alcohol so have no idea how that works.

The "Sporting Goods" section while not always manned or manned by a knowledgeable soul is not bad to buy ammo. Only thing I buy is .22 bulk.(Last I bought was before "O" was elected. Then $7.98, now $18.98) There is an LEO that works there part time that spends most his time in Sporting. He is fairly knowledgeable about guns, ammo, cleaning supplies etc and is friendly and helpful. No bull about .22 sales to 18 year olds but no 9mm, .45 etc.

While I prefer to shop at hometown type stores it is not always feasible as money is very tight and I save a considerable amount by shopping WM. When my preferred bread (12 grain) is $1.98 at WM and $2.98 at Chief Supermarket (both everyday prices) there is just no other choice. This is not an isolated case but most products are way cheaper. Meat is becoming a luxury and is only bought on sale. Mostly chicken thighs and smoked sausage made from pork, chicken and turkey scrap.

If it were not for WalMart coming to town I would really be in a pickle!

Jay

mroliver77
01-12-2012, 12:11 AM

This is not believed by most conservatives much less libs.