PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if its true

CT Kid
03-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Not sure if this is true but it might get some people out of condition white.

About a month ago there was a woman standing by the mall entrance
passing out flyers to all the women going in. The woman had
written the flyer herself to tell about an experience she had, so that she
might warn other women. The previous day, this woman had finished
shopping, went out to her car and discovered that she had a flat.
She got the jack out of the trunk and began to change the flat. A
nice man dressed in a business suit and carrying a briefcase walked
up to her and said, "I noticed you're changing a flat tire.
Would you like me to take care of it for you?" The woman was
Grateful for his offer and accepted his help.
They chatted amiably while the man changed the flat, and then put
the flat tire and the jack in the trunk, shut it and dusted his
hands off.
The woman thanked him profusely, and as she was about to get in
her car, the man told her that he left his car around on the other
side of the mall, and asked if she would mind giving him a lift
to his car.
She was a little surprised and she asked him why his car was on
other side.
He explained that he had seen an old friend in the mall that he
hadn't seen for some time and they had a bite to eat, visited
for a while, and he got turned around in the mall and left through
the wrong exit, and now he was running late. The woman hated to tell
him "no" because he had just rescued her from having to change her
flat tire all by herself, but she felt uneasy. (Trust that gut
feeling!)
Then she remembered seeing the man put his briefcase in her trunk
before shutting it and before he asked her for a ride to his car.
She told him that she'd be happy to drive him around to his car,
But she just remembered one last thing she needed to buy.
(Smart woman!!)
She said she would only be a few minutes; he could sit down in
her car and wait for her; she would be as quick as she could be.
She hurried into the mall, and told a security guard what had
happened, the guard came out to her car with her, but the man had
left. They opened the trunk, took out his locked briefcase and
took it down to the police station.
The police opened it (ostensibly to look for ID so they could
return it to the man). What they found was rope, duct tape, and
knives. When the police checked her "flat" tire, there was nothing
wrong with it; the air had simply been let out. It was obvious
what the man's intention was, and obvious that he had carefully
thought it out in advance. The woman was blessed to have escaped
harm. (Amen...thank you, God!)
How much worse it would have been if she had children with her and
had them wait in the car while the man fixed the tire, or if she
had a baby strapped into a car seat? Or if she'd gone against her
judgment and given him a lift?

Buckshot
03-05-2007, 08:18 AM
.............Pretty scary stuff!

.............Buckshot

AkMike
03-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Take a few of the main facts and type them into the search at snopes.com
This urban myth seems to have alot of vatiations. Here's the link for this one.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/hairyarm.asp

CT Kid
03-05-2007, 03:56 PM
I appreciate your finding and posting in the origins of this story. You can't believe everything (anything?) you read on the web or in the newspapers, TV...... :roll:

I have put the "Urban Legends Reference Page" in my favorites list.

Buckshot
03-05-2007, 11:26 PM
.............My buddy Steve and I grew up together and we both joined the Navy at the same time. He was married and had one young one. His wife was a very attractive young lady. He was on a Westpac when she had some trouble with their Maverick so she took it in to a shop. Apparently one of he mechanics got her home info off the repair order and came visiting one evening.

Luckily enough she had the doors locked because she said she'd thought she heard something at the back door, but in a bit someone walked across the porch and grabbed the front door handle, and finding it locked also rattled the door pretty violently and said to let him in. She'd been sitting on the couch watching TV and she said she was petrified for a few seconds but then ran to the phone, which was dead.

Steve had left her a little High Standard 9 shot nickle plated snub nosed 22 revolver, so she got that. He'd also had a percussion Kentucky type pistol that was on a plaque on the living room wall, and he'd double charged and double shotted it. This guy was talking through the door like 'let me in you know you want it' and trash like that. She laughed later and said she was glad she hadn't gone for that muzzle loader first :-)

Anyway, after a bit it was plain he wasn't going to leave anytime soon so she fired a round into the lintle above the door. Apparently he departed. She said she was so scared she didn't sleep all night, and took hours the next day before she could work up the nerve to go use a neighbor's phone to call the police. Investigating, the police found a fast food drink cup sitting on a window ledge in the side yard and it was obvious he'dbeen trying to raise the window (a casement type wood frame deal).

Probably the closeness of the neighbor's house kept him from really making much effort. They nabbed the guy and he went to jail. Brenda and child went to live with Steve's parents.

Years later Brenda had stopped at a store and was carrying her purse over her right shoulder (and she had that High Standard in there) and a bag of groceries in the crook of her left arm. She said she reached in her purse, got her keys and unlocked the car door and dropped the keys back into her purse and opened the door. She stepped into the opening and leaned to let the purse slide off her shoulder when suddenly the door was slammed against her and she was pinned.

There was a guy there holding the door saying, "Give me your money bitch!" She said she cranked her arm around into her purse, pulled out her little snubby and laid on the top of the door right under his nose. She said the next thing she knew he was GONE out across the parking lot. Thank God both times she had that little heater.

...............Buckshot

AkMike
03-06-2007, 02:21 AM
An Armed Society is a Polite Society!

Jim
03-06-2007, 07:16 PM
A friend of mine in Columbia, SC recently sent me a copy of a news article from the "State". A would be hijacker tried to take the car of an elderly couple as they were leaving Walmart. The woman had already opened her door on the passenger's side when the incident occured. The woman reached in the glove box, produced a .45 automatic and put 5 rounds in the would-be hijacker's transom.

medic44
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
When I was at work one night as a firefighter my wife heard someone in the house. She rolled over and grabbed the Mossberg 500, jacked a round in the chamber. She then heard someone say "I'm leaving now I ain't taking nothing with me." When the police got there they found a yellow puddle next to the kitchen table. My wife likes my guns more than she used to.

Hunter
03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
All excellent reasons to be armed. My father was working late at his bodyshop when 3 young men broke in and found him standing there with his trusty Colt 1911.
Needless to say the made of with their lives but nothing more