PDA

View Full Version : Internet scam Company ??

brudford
01-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Has anyone ever done business with a Co. called Moutain Ridge Araments ? Last week I ordered a die set and my credit card was charged three times . There is no phone number on their website . The e-mail they list does not work . The cutomer counter shows anywhere from 4,000-7,000 customers on line at one time .I can find very little information about this company . I called a local distributor in IA where this company is located and they stated that a man named Clint who is associated with this company has not ordered from them in over a year . They gave me a phone number and over a two day period I made 4-6 attempts and left numerous messages . The other number I found for this business is a waterproffing business . I have got the bank involved and local law enforcement has been contacted . No e-mail conformation after my order either ?

waksupi
01-02-2012, 12:25 PM
With no phone number or email, how did you even order? With any luck the bank can reverse any charges, but YOU need to pay attention where you are sending money off to. If it isn't some place like Brownells that has been around forever, it is certainly caveat emptor. Every thing you say should have been waving big red flags at you.

brudford
01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Yes , Live and learn . The e-mail was on their contact page . They want you to contact them through their e-mail only . They do not provide a phone number . I even registered as a new customer and gave them my e-mail . No e-mail confirmation from them . Go to their site and it rivals a company like Midway . Their e-mail does not work . I have yet to talk to one individual who has ordered from them ?

chuckbuster
01-02-2012, 01:25 PM
You ever been to Dubuque Iowa? Can't even see the mountains from there.......

skeet1
01-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Looks like their web site has everything but the kitchen sink and I might have missed that. It is strange that their is no phone number for a company that is supposed to be that size you would think they would want to take phone orders?

Ken

Three-Fifty-Seven
01-02-2012, 02:50 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnVT/Picture5.png

tomme boy
01-02-2012, 02:52 PM
They were a sponser on Iowa Firearms Colition. As far I as knew, they were legit. But things chage nowadays with a drop in the bucket.

geargnasher
01-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Ben Cannon resurrecting a defunct company name to steal a few more bucks from people? I sure hope not.

Gear

Bret4207
01-03-2012, 07:10 AM
I've learned that if there is no physical address listed and no phone number it's probably a fly by night outfit. In this day and age not having that info available and not having anything come up when you search for it? That just screams rip off.