PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Making A Castboolits Book?

Four-Sixty
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Talk about an a big job...

But what if?

The Internet goes down because of a solar flare...

Or, the Zombie apocolypse comes (the way people watch TV we already have a "zombie problem"...

How will we access all the great info on Castboolits?

To help someone get going, do we need to nominate some topics?

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Fire up yer printer and get to it, its every man for himself if the zombies strike!

runfiverun
01-02-2012, 12:19 AM
there was/is a dude working on one,
he might have it done i ain't seen him around for a while fishing out info.
joe brenner airc.

Bullet Caster
01-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Not me! BC

waksupi
01-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Hang in there, a CD will soon be offered by Cast Boolits.

Brennon was run off for being a blood sucking parasite on all the contributors here. Not an original thought in his arrogant head. All the info he put together came from here, and the Cast Bullet Association sites. His promised acknowledgement of contributors never appeared, so now ol' Joe is an expert.

Blacksmith
01-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Expert meaning
EX = former + SPERT = drip under pressure.

fatnhappy
01-02-2012, 02:27 AM

Brennon was run off for being a blood sucking parasite on all the contributors here. Not an original thought in his arrogant head. All the info he put together came from here, and the Cast Bullet Association sites. His promised acknowledgement of contributors never appeared, so now ol' Joe is an expert.

You're being kind again.
Joe will never need to wonder if the grass will grow green on his grave.

Recluse
01-02-2012, 02:32 AM
You're being kind again.
Joe will never need to wonder if the grass will grow green on his grave.

It just might what with all the bravo-sierra that will be oozing from his carcass for decades to come. . .

:coffee:

338RemUltraMag
01-02-2012, 03:52 AM
Blacksmith, there is only one guy that I have ever heard say that... Your name isn't Steve is is?

Bret4207
01-02-2012, 07:58 AM

Jeeze Ric, and here I've been watching what I say lest I be accused of being too harsh on the moron...:groner:

Taylor
01-02-2012, 08:16 AM
When I first started to cast and reload,I began a book.Mostly to make it easy to locate information.Of course it is comprised of other peoples work that I found on the internet.I used a 3 ring binder and document protectors.Contains info on alloys,brass lentgh and such.all in all ,I think I put together a decent piece of work.Then one day I found Cast Boolits and haven't added anything.Anything I need to know,I can find here,and I thank you guy's for that.

Blacksmith
01-02-2012, 11:30 AM
My name is not Steve.....it is Peggy - - transfer!

Blacksmith

DLCTEX
01-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I guess the Joe Brenner leaving took place during the 5 months I was unable to visit the site last year. I wasn't aware of that, good to know.Too bad when a man has no honor.

Dale53
01-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Our very own Glen Fryxell has written THE book on cast bullets. He has donated it to the cause. It is offered as a download. I downloaded it, printed it, and had it bound at Staples. It is definitely a worthy book:

http://www.lasc.us/Fryxell_Book_Contents.htm

Dale53

P.S. I feel I must comment on the adverse comments on Joe Brenner. His reputation here is certainly earned. However, he did a LOT of work, solicited articles from various people (including me), was responsible for having the book printed (no small expense) and DID credit each article with the author's name. Further, there is an extensive credit sheet in the finished book. All profits for the book have been donated to The American Single Shot Rifle Association and can be bought from them for a quite reasonable cost (you can also purchase a CD of the book for small cost and print your own or read it on the computer). The book DOES have value to many. There are a number of conclusions that I don't agree with, in the book, but there is also a lot of good stuff.

Just wanted to set the record straight, folks. Joe is not a friend of mine but fair is fair.

Dale53

alamogunr
01-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Dale53 is correct. Each article is credited to its author. There is an extensive list of all who contributed in some way.

I don't think those who contributed thought they were sending Joe a friendly private letter. As Dale53 said there is a lot of good stuff there.

In case you want to keep this bash going, Joe is working on a third edition.

waksupi
01-03-2012, 12:37 AM
I guess I was going off his first publication on line, that didn't credit any of the donors, as far as I remember.

bbs70
01-03-2012, 11:39 AM
YES, we need a book on this subject to get more people interested in it.
I can't cast, reload, & kill all the zombies all by myself, but I'm going to give it a heck of a try.:groner:[smilie=l:

MT Gianni
01-03-2012, 03:45 PM
I guess I was going off his first publication on line, that didn't credit any of the donors, as far as I remember.

Joe was not banned for refusing to credit his donors, he was banned for failure to stop being a jerk.

Maven
01-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Tree Rats, et al., Here is Joe BrennAN's book: http://www.lasc.us/IndexBrennan.htm As for his supposed refusal to ignore those who contributed to his endeavor, once you go to the aforementioned site, look at "0.0 The Beginning -> Acknowledgements." Btw, MT Gianni is right about Joe's banishment.

waksupi
01-03-2012, 04:46 PM
You guys got me curious as to if I was totally nuts, so took a look at the copy I had. I'm not sure where I got it, but it is pretty plainly a pre-publication copy, as it is organized a bit different, and without some of the current info. Also in a much different format, much like Notepad.
My bad.

Bret4207
01-03-2012, 07:32 PM
No biggie Ric. The guy is still a..................

Maven
01-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Somethings will never change, Bret!