PDA

View Full Version : second hand stores

ss40_70
12-31-2011, 12:10 PM
just thought i'd give all you other thrifty shooters a heads up on a possible cheap source of beeswax for your lube .
my most excelent wife likes to shop at the goodwill store a few towns over and yesterday she came home with about 15 lbs worth of beeswax candles at a total cost of $2 .... me bein a nice guy i only stole about half of them ,.. so remember when your out looking for pewter at the second hand stores dont forget your lube ingrediants also

1Shirt
12-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Have foundpeuter, but never beeswax among the candles. Good catch!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

WILCO
12-31-2011, 10:54 PM
Were they marked as such?? How about a picture?

ss40_70
12-31-2011, 11:18 PM
yes they was still in the origonal packaging , and labeled 100%pure california beeswax ,.
im not sure if or how you could tell beeswax from any of the other waxes but if you look at the bigger candles theres usualy a sticker on the bottem .
she also got a couple big tapers labeled tallow ,.. not sure what to use them for yet

if i can get my nephew over tomarow ill post a couple pics i'm still near the stone age here with no fancy phone and film cameras

WILCO
01-01-2012, 12:33 PM
yes they was still in the origonal packaging , and labeled 100%pure california beeswax....

Yep. That's a great way to find them. I always look for a label on the bottom but haven't found any yet. Don't worry about the pics, the packaging answered my questions. :p

Newtire
01-02-2012, 05:57 PM
You'd better hang onto that Californistan beeswax. They'll have a law pretty soon about taking away beeswax from bees who have worked so hard to make it. If it's something good in California, they'll figure out a way to make a rule against it.

fishhawk
01-02-2012, 06:02 PM
AWWWW at least CA hasn't started fee's for acts of god like they have here in the town i live in. They have a fee for "rain run off" if you have a blacktop drive way you get charged for water running into the storm sewers.

Boondocker
01-03-2012, 02:17 PM
AWWWW at least CA hasn't started fee's for acts of god like they have here in the town i live in. They have a fee for "rain run off" if you have a blacktop drive way you get charged for water running into the storm sewers.

Fish you should bill them for saving a natural resource. The bee's in Cali fall right into Cali politics as the live in communes.[smilie=s: