PDA

View Full Version : Sucess

rak1
12-30-2011, 07:07 PM
These boolits came from my second attempt at casting. The mold might have been a little hot but the boolits had good fill. The boolits on the left have been sized and gas checked and the ones on the right have been pan lubed. I was my first attempt at pan lubing. I made a cookie cutter out of a 30-30 case. I got the idea from the forum. I had to machine a neck expander to expand the neck to .310. I used the Lee universal expander. I did learn not to let the lub harden to long or it gets very difficult to use the cookie cutter.
Dickhttp://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_213944efe440e7e241.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=3190)

BulletFactory
12-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Double tap

BulletFactory
12-30-2011, 07:17 PM
:kidding:How do you spell success?

rak1
12-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Sorry. Guess I need a spell checker.

mdi
12-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Don't forget, you'll need about .002" difference in neck ID to bullet OD for good neck tension...

EDK
12-31-2011, 01:22 PM
You're doing well. Having access to any machine tools...lathe/mill/?...can really help you along. (I retired last week and I'm already considering a UNIMAT or SMITHY type machine.)

:cbpour::redneck:

1Shirt
12-31-2011, 03:33 PM
It is good to see someone starting out with pan lube, a cake cutter etc. Think that one of the problems that a lot of new casters have is that they jump over the basics, and get to much equipment to fast.
1Shirt!:coffee:

zomby woof
12-31-2011, 06:14 PM
STOP NOW!!!! Within two years you will be searching for lead, buying boolit lube, custom molds, lubasizers and obsessing over the need to have more.

Nice job on the boolits. you're on the way. welcome to the addition.

wrangler
12-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Oh! You poor lost soul. You are on the way to the poor house. What with more shooting means more powder more primers more fuel getting to the range more guns and moulds plus all the other gear that you ''WILL NEED".
Anyway a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you guys.
New Years day downunder already but doesn't seem much different .
Jim

Wayne Smith
12-31-2011, 07:07 PM
STOP NOW!!!! Within two years you will be searching for lead, buying boolit lube, custom molds, lubasizers and obsessing over the need to have more.

Nice job on the boolits. you're on the way. welcome to the addition.

TWO years!! I'll give him a year at best! This addiction is amazing - and seemingly never ending.

cdet69
12-31-2011, 08:09 PM
I ventured down the road of the bullet caster only to see what it was about. Well now I have a small fortune in molds and continue to look for more. It is a great part of the hobby because you make your own and have no one else to blame. Keep up the good work you will be very please with the results.