PDA

View Full Version : Single Six and Security Six??

Lizard333
12-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Are these parts the same. The reason I ask when I took apart my Security Six, The Pawl spring and plunger assembly flew out and now I can't find it. I can find parts for Single Six listed in my Brownells, but cannot find anything for Security Six. If the two parts are the same, anybody know else I can get parts besides brownells? They don't have the part in stock. Ruger is being a pain and not returning my calls......

Tatume
12-27-2011, 06:38 PM
It is unlikely that the parts will interchange, but I don't know for certain either way. My suggestion is to wait until after the first of January and try Ruger again.

bowfin
12-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Did you try Gun Parts Corporation?

John Boy
12-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Lizard, wouldn't you get more informative replies if you posted in the pistol catagory?
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

rsrocket1
12-27-2011, 09:34 PM
I believe the Single Six is a .22LR while the Security, Service and Speed Six are all the same .357 mag SA/DA revolvers. I once had a Security Six and now have a Service Six. The only differences between those guns is the adjustable vs. fixed sights. The Speed Six had a round butt frame and was also available in 38 special chambering.

Mike W1
12-27-2011, 09:40 PM
SS or Sec. Six is probably like apples and oranges. Try Brownells site as I think they have schemadics on line. Seems unlikely any parts between the two would interchange.

beemer
12-27-2011, 09:50 PM
The Single Six is a single action 22 ,nothing close to the same as a Security Six.It is unlikley to be the same part. As stated Gun Parts Corp. is a good bet. I have ordered Security Six parts from them. Ruger hasn't made the Security Six in over 20 years.

That's an easy part to loose, I did the same thing years ago. It is a rounded pin with a shoulder to capture the spring so I made one.

Dave

stubshaft
12-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Try posting on RugerForum and see if anyone has a spare.

MtGun44
12-28-2011, 12:58 AM
They are totally different designs, very unlikely that they would be the same.

Bill

TCLouis
12-28-2011, 01:46 AM
I got my parts from Ruger.

Wear safety glasses when installing, the parts are moving if you slip on installation.

Lizard333
12-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Did you try Gun Parts Corporation?

I found the parts here. They were a little more than I wanted to pay, but it was either pay the piper or not have a functioning pistol.I didn't know about this place. I thought Brownells was the only place for parts like this.

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Bad Water Bill
12-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Next time do ALL of your assembly- dis assembly INSIDE of a 2 gal Zip lock bag and save your sanity.

I learrrnneddd de haaard waaaaay. :groner:[smilie=b::groner:

contender1
12-28-2011, 11:02 AM
As many folks above have posted, they are two totally different designs. The Single-Six is a SA revolver in 22 Lr & 22 mag. The Security-Six is a DA revolver in either 9mm, 38 spl, or 357 mag. The only parts that will interchange with a Security-Six is from a Service-Six, and a Speed-Six. All 3 of them are basically the same. Well, unless you are talking about frame dimensions. Internals will interchange.
If you don't get the parts you need, PM me as I may have some spares. Ruger doesn't have any, and if they don't return calls right now it's because of the holiday break shutdown.

Rocky Raab
12-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Glad you found the parts, Mr Lizard.

Now that you've discovered both Brownells and Numrich/Gun Parts Corp, your wallet may get a LOT thinner, LOL!

I try to drape a towel over things when springs might be involved, but the idea above about using a large plastic bag (I'm thinking shirt bags from the cleaners) is great, for visibility alone.

Hang Fire
12-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Are these parts the same. The reason I ask when I took apart my Security Six, The Pawl spring and plunger assembly flew out and now I can't find it. I can find parts for Single Six listed in my Brownells, but cannot find anything for Security Six. If the two parts are the same, anybody know else I can get parts besides brownells? They don't have the part in stock. Ruger is being a pain and not returning my calls......

The only solution I have found for such is to drag magnet(s) around the entire floor area from wall to wall and in any other space they could have slipped into the gun parts black hole.

Lizard333
12-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Ya.....we tried magnets and flashlights. We found a lot spent primers...... The parts just got added to his collection including two other sets of detents and springs from AR's. I will know better next time.

leadman
12-28-2011, 03:21 PM
The 2 gallon zip-loc bags are great. Bought mine from Wally world.

Excellent for processing large game, especially in the field.

There are other gun part vendors online also. A search will bring up many places.