PDA

View Full Version : Proud of my daughter

Olevern
12-25-2011, 12:41 PM
I just want to express my pleasure at the woman my daughter has become.

To be with family over the holidays, we have stayed at my daughters house from a week before Christmas and will be staying to spend some more time with our grandchildren and great-grandchild until after the new year.

My daughter has taken into her home an 18 year old girl who is no longer, because of some bad choices she has made, welcome at her home.

This young woman (the guest) has been a regular (visiting, spending anywhere from a day to a week or more in the summer non-school months) in my daughter's home for a number of years, because of a difficult home situation.

She has been told to leave and not come back several times, and this time was living in an unheated garage with her boyfriend, behind her boyfriend's parents house.

The only stipulation my daughter made was the girl help with household chores and attend church with my daughter's family when they went (generally Sundays and Thursday nites and some special events)

Our grandchildren opened up their Christmas presents today, and this young woman was included as a part of the family, my daughter had purchased a number of practical gifts for her, mostly new clothing items she needed, along with a few non-clothing items.

Now, my daughter doesn't have much to share, but sharing with others has become a priority for her.

In the past, my daughter has taken into her home a homeless family consisting of a mother and two teen age daughters, providing for them physically and emotionally for about two years until they were able to get over the rough place and move on independently.

She has also taken in a teen aged boy who became part of her family for a number of years.

These are only the highlights, she generally sees a need and, ignoring her own wants, sets about sharing God's love to hurting people.

Now, she has been taken advantage of on a number of accasions but she doesn't let it sour her on spreading God's love, she just keeps on giving.

She truly has the heart of Christ....which may not mean much to many of you, but means the world to me.

She is a jewel and I am so proud of her.

A proud father.

Charlie Two Tracks
12-25-2011, 12:45 PM
You have every right to be proud of her. Good job dad. I bet she picked up some of those traits at home. Merry Christmas Olevern.

Bad Water Bill
12-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Looks like that ladies parents did a great job of raising and TEACHING her all the right things.

You deserve to be proud of her DAD.

Merry Christmas to the whole household.

Olevern
12-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks, Guys,
As you know, you can model, but the child will make their own choices. I could not be more pleased with her choices in this regard.

DLCTEX
12-25-2011, 09:15 PM
You are a blessed man!

10x
12-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I hope the young lady responds to the kindness and support your daughter has freely given.

As my sons grew up I opened my home to a number of his friends who fell out of favour with their families. I can say with certainty every one of them stole from me and I turned that into a positive life lesson for them. Several of those kids made good and keep in touch - how ever four of them turned into petty criminals, one (who had turned his life around completely, had a full time job, a girl he was going to marry) turned out to be a smart criminal. He hasn't lived here for 14 years - the police, banks, and collection agencies still call from time to time looking for him. The last guy who I opened my home to is now doing 15 years (before chance of parole) in a maximum security prison.

But the fact that one on them has a career , a wife, and a brand new daughter made it all worthwhile.

Seasons best to you and your daughter and my wish that her good deeds go unpunished....

SharpsShooter
12-26-2011, 01:22 PM
That young lady shows she was brought up proper and did not forget what she was taught. You have every right to be proud.

SS

ErikO
12-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Looks like that ladies parents did a great job of raising and TEACHING her all the right things.

You deserve to be proud of her DAD.

Merry Christmas to the whole household.

What Bill said. 100% agreement!

Crawdaddy
12-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Olevern: you desrve part of the credit too. It is obvious she had a fine role model in her tender years.

Great job to both of you. The world needs more families like yours.

x101airborne
12-29-2011, 08:43 AM
As proud of her as you are..... she learned it from somewhere.
Good job to her.....
Good job to you.....
God Bless you both.

stubshaft
12-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Positive proof that when the children are raised right they continue the traditions and tenets they learned.

skeettx
12-29-2011, 03:45 PM
A JOY to the heart!
God be praised
Mike