PDA

View Full Version : t/c encore pro-hunter fx 50 cal stainless

bigted
12-25-2011, 12:00 PM
i know little about these rifles. are these FX models the rifles with the enterchangeable barrels? i thought that these encores all had the ability to exchange barrels with centerfire barrels...is this the exception?

also accuracy wise...do these fill the bill for extreme accuracy? i know that this is not a vintage style muzzle loader but ive been tempted a few times to give them a whirl and this may be the year i do this. it will not take the place of my gpr that i pains takenly assembled with tlc but it could be fun to have maybe.

thanks all for your un-abashed opinions on this new style rifle.

myfriendis410
12-25-2011, 12:38 PM
I haven't shot one of these, but I did handle one an acquaintance purchased to hunt hogs/deer. Nice rifle, a little small between the hands, and should shoot well with modern sabots. It's not really designed to shoot patched round balls or full caliber projectiles. It really comes into it's own with sub-caliber saboted rounds.

I own an Omega and it's a fine shooter and good hunting rifle. For extreme accuracy there are other choices out there. It just depends on what you want to do with it.

Nyles
12-25-2011, 12:57 PM
You cant buy a better hunting M/L, yes Encores do allow barrel swapping. look up bellumtc.com all you could ever wanna know about an Encore.

Nyles
12-25-2011, 01:02 PM
fx new critter to me it is a fixed barrel m/l.....welcome mail order M/L encores!

bigted
12-25-2011, 02:35 PM
guess im wondering what they did to make it a fixed barrel. it still hinges on the action...shotgun style...and if the pin is still the same diameter then it seems to me that it could...with little work...still be a changeable barrel encore..

Underclocked
12-25-2011, 02:59 PM
NOTE: THE T/C PRO HUNTER Fx MUZZLELOADING RIFLE
DOES NOT ALLOW THE BARREL TO BE REMOVED FROM
THE FRAME. IT HAS NO PROVISION FOR AN INTER-CHANGEABLE BARREL.

I don't know just how they accomplished this but that is copied from the manual. Don't have a rifle to look at - and probably won't have.

Here is a comment from another fellow's review "The bolt that holds the barrels on the normal prohunter are smooth, allowing you to take that pin out to replace the barrel. The FX pin is knurled, not allowing the pin to come out (I am sure there are other changes on the inside I could not see)."

stronics
12-25-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm thinking they did that to sell it as a muzzleloader. If they were interchangable wouldn't that fall under the firearms law.
David

bigted
12-26-2011, 09:54 AM
yea prolly not worth screwin with at the price of the normal pro hunters. some of the cheap comin out even after all these years...LOL