PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to a couple of members.

gray wolf
12-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Thank you very much.
I want to say how much Julie and I appreciate the help that 2 members
sent us for X-MAS. ( you know who you are )
I got my gas tank filled and was able to help pay for some postage for a package I mailed.
It may not sound like a whole lot of get done--but to us it was a lot.
Folks here seem to read more of the lines in some post
than you could imagine.
Fact is some folks read between the lines
When you get help that you didn't ask for it really says a lot for the character of our members.
We pay the very few bills we have cause it's the honorable thing to do.
I keep my family fed and our two dogs don't go hungry.
We have cloths on our back, there are not new, any of them.
But we are not cold. We have a nice little wood stove and the house is warm.
We have a truck we couldn't pay for, we have it because Cast Bullets
members all chipped in and got it for us.
A nicer thing was never done for me before, we will never forget it NEVER
I served my country and was willing to die for it, When I walk I hold my head up high. I was a volunteer Fire fighter and got caught in a fully involved house with the bell on my Scott pack ringing --no more air--.
I don't take ****TT from Know one and I give as little as I can to other people.
Sometimes I cry when I think of what has happened to my country
Our beautiful country, Land of the free--home of the brave.
I may be crazy but I still get a charge out of putting on my BDU's
bush hat and all. Julie says I look good in uniform-Ha, Ha,
worn but good
At 70 years old I may not be able to run to fast
but I can still duck and cover,
I can still tell the difference between swamp gas, bowl gas and tear gas.
I can still tell the difference from blue, OD or tiger stripe.
And most of all I am still ready to give it all for my Country.
I have been told I'm a stand up guy.
I through a census taker off my porch one day, he pi$$ed me off cause he wouldn't leave, I ask him three times to go
( three times is enough isn't it ? )
Well that's just a little bit about the guy that a couple of you have chosen to help this Christmas time.
I didn't ask Santa for a new rifle or a new pistol,
I didn't ask for a new mold or a new 4 wheeler, a snow sled or a new scope,
I did bow my head and thank the Lord Jesus Christ for all the times he has looked down on me and my family and our two pups.
I made a special promise to him for my wife Julie that her up and coming test and procedure with the Doctor be all OK. It has made a lot of stress and drama in our camp.
So if you men could take a minute and say a little prayer for her health I sure would be beholden.
So once more I say thank you to cast bullets for all it's great people and a special thank you to the guy's that helped us out this X-MAS.
Bless you all and be safe in your traveling.
Men I apologize for such a long winded post--
It's just that sometimes ---- I get to thinken.

Sam

45nut
12-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Prayers sent Sam, Best wishes.

Bad Water Bill
12-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Who says this isn't the best site on the internet.

Sam and Ken thanks for helping make my Christmas a little bit brighter.

Sam best wishes for your wife. Merry Christmas all

DLCTEX
12-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Prayers sent for Julie and Merry Christmas.

gray wolf
12-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Thank you men.

P.K.
12-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Sam, PM me some needs. May not fill them all but I'll do what I can. Maine winters are tough. BTDT.

EMC45
12-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Well put Sam.

Stick_man
12-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Sam, prayers and best wishes sent for Julie (and you). It makes you feel good reading posts like this, giving hope that there are still a lot of really good folks out there. I have felt for a long time that this is one large family and I am honored to be counted among the members here. My thanks as well goes out to whoever it was that sent those gifts.

You mentioned you got your tank of gas you wished for. Is there anything else the rest of us can help with?

gray wolf
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
STICK MAN
I was asked this same question by another forum member.
I told him I could use a pair of shoes, I only have one pair. they are ankle high.
They don't have insulation and they are about two years old and getting a little thin in spots, if you know what mean, they are always damp from perspiration cause I ware em everyday.
Julie has a car hart winter coat that is just about a pile of loose thread now.
She had it on today when we went for sand at the dump for the ice we are getting.
I said to her
" why do you still put that coat on ? it makes us look like we are poor "
she said " it's my favorite coat " "sides in case you haven't noticed--we are poor "
I have a pair of boots that have a pack in them for snow blowing, they are warm but they weigh about a GA-zillion pounds.
I guess her coat would come first.
As for other things ? like I said to the other gentlemen that asked.
I don't even think about other stuff anymore, just upsets me and then she gets upset, and we don't need that EH.

Thanks for asking

mroliver77
12-21-2011, 07:27 PM
I live on $11,500 a year now. My place is paid for. Property taxes are a killer! I have 1/2 of an 11 year old daughter I help pay for. The ex has to keep ins on her but any copay I am liable for half. I make a little on the side but walking is getting harder all the time. It hurts to stand. It hurts to sit!

I got to help with vacation bible school this summer. I am on the "care" group that looks out for newbies and shut ins etc at church. (Sometimes a card means a big deal to people) I helped get the Christmas giveaway ready at church. I hurt too bad to help the day of the giveaway. (BTW Wal-Mart donated a lot of stuff for us to give away)

My kid gave up a present and we gave the preachers brother (Who recently had a brain tumor removed) $50 in lieu of her present. Our church #'s have swelled so they don't need my small tithe. I give that to preachers bro for now too.

I will find something to help out others less fortunate than me! I feel blessed and am more at ease than ever in my life!

What size coat does Julie wear and what size shoes for Sam?

Merry Christmas all you'all.
Jay H

gray wolf
12-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Men I think the coat and shoes have been taken care off.
Thank you Mr. Oliver for such a nice response and story.

Thank you all
Sam

timkelley
12-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Prayers gone, Sam.

missionary5155
12-22-2011, 05:41 AM
Good morning Sam.. Will Pray . Mike in Peru

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Prayers about Julie's upcoming test...sent up to the Lord.
Jon

gray wolf
12-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Well I was able to put some gas in the truck and take beautiful Julie for her new coat.
She loves it and it looks great on her. The person that got it for her has been thanked, and I thank everyone that helped this Holiday season.
But then again when it comes to helping folks,
The people here don't care about seasons, But this has been like a real X-Mas
for us.

Sam

gray wolf
12-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Just a short thank you from me.

Once again the members at Cast Boolits have shown that they are the best bunch of extended family that I have ever known. You care about your friends even tho most have never even met face to face. Cast Boolits is a family of good people and the love and caring show thru.

Thank you for the prayers for me. They mean so much and help me rest better. I am sure Sam will update on the results after the tests and stuff coming up in about 2 weeks.
I have been a little stressed due to my health issues and Sam is trying very hard to be kind and patient with me even tho he is worried also. Your gifts have brightened up what would otherwise have been a very dreary, stressed Christmas for us.
And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for both the prayers and the gifts.

May God bless you all this Christmas and thru out the coming year.

Julie

Storydude
12-24-2011, 12:48 PM
This thread brought a tear and restored faith in humanity.

:)