PDA

View Full Version : Question about pro mag magazines and CZ pistol

Jamesconn
12-18-2011, 12:43 PM
My father has a CZ75b I am trying to buy more mags for it do they have to be exactly for the 75b or can they be just 75 9mm mags

I've heard alot of negative things about promag I also wanted to buy high capacity mags for the range

All I'm lookin for is the cheapest magazines I can get without trading reliability CZ USA sells them 3 for 100 but I don't really have $100
Is promag magazine worth the money or is it a piece of ****?

jpatm2
12-18-2011, 02:30 PM
I would go with the MecGar magazines. A quick search showed Midway had them for $25 each. So I would shop around for them. MecGar makes factory magazines for many of the manufacturers.

sagamore-one
12-18-2011, 04:37 PM
By all means get the Mec Gar !!! My CZ 75 works very well with them.
I understand that Sig Sauer uses Mec Gar as their "factory" magazine.
I got a handful from Midway when they offered them on sale. I think 22 or 23 dollars each.

Phat Man Mike
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
I have a CZ and use the mec gar mag's.. I'd stay away from pro mag for now! to many stories about needing to be tweaked to work right. IMHO

Shepherd2
12-18-2011, 05:52 PM
I have 18 mags for my CZ75s. Most of mine are factory but I do have 2 ProMags that I got really cheap. I use them here on my home range to save wear on my good mags and they work OK, most of the time. Once in a while one won't feed right but it doesn't happen often. I wouldn't use one in a match but they suffice for practice at home.

If there isn't a big price difference for the Mec-Gar that is the way I would go. I have Mec-Gar mags for other psitols and they are very good quality.

Olevern
12-20-2011, 06:59 PM
plus one for mec-gar, have them for my cz-75 and browning hi-power.