PDA

View Full Version : DEADBEAT - Terry/Hazel Grindle/smokingguns/Old Fart Maddog2020/revolverfan2

crowbuster
01-22-2008, 08:39 PM
As some of you know oldfart and I made a deal, 204 ruger barrel in super 14 with iron sights, like new, and 100 new brass for her 44 mag barrel, nearly new with iron sights and 100 brass. This took place around 15th dec. i sent mine as she said she did, same day. Two weeks later at my prodding i got mine in my packaging. Problem was no iron sights and only 80 brass, and those were not the best but i overlooked it and asked for my stuff, said it would be sent in a week, i know she had a lot of stuff going at one time so chalked up to oversight. Well been several weeks, some with no reply to pms and all she had to say is i should have got it by now. no reply to supply tracking# or priority#. So i hope you guys have better luck with her although i know of 2 others with like experience. THIS IS MY FIRST DEAL GONE BAD THROUGH THE INTERNET, lets hope she does the right thing. A DEALS A DEAL.
c.b.

fatnhappy
01-22-2008, 09:27 PM
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=22831

45nut
02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Well,, it's time to out another rip-off artist apparently.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2683714&posted=1#post2683714

It appears that there is quite a trail of theft and deception going on. Damn it all.

Scrounger
02-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I traded molds with her and got what I was supposed to. I wonder if she used some of us to 'wash' things she'd stolen from someone else. Don't we have her address? Why not send a local around to 'speak' to 'her'...

ktw
02-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I did a trade with her. Wasn't exactly as described, but close enough. I don't have any bad feelings about the deal. I got fair value for what I sent.

I did notice she offered up the gas checks that I sent her in another offer a couple of weeks later.

I still have her address if someone is looking for some way besides PM to contact her.

-ktw

fatnhappy
02-02-2008, 06:19 PM
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=24823

Blammer
02-02-2008, 07:24 PM
where in NC?

AkMike
02-02-2008, 07:38 PM
From the link in the first posting;
Names Hazel Grindle
>> 300 Grant Trail
>> Bessemer City,NC 28016

Terry Grindle
>> 300 Grant Trail

45nut
02-02-2008, 08:30 PM
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=16216

59 posts,, all but one in the classifieds. :roll:

EMC45
02-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Had a few dealings with Hazel. The first went without a hitch, I traded 136 pcs of 45 WIN MAG brass for a set of RCBS dies in .380. She also sent me a shotgun scope mount before I paid for it, but I returned it. Not what I wanted. Then she advertised a used mold for sale or trade. I then sent 150 pcs of once fired 44 MAG brass and 50 Rem SJHPs for the mold. She said that was cool with her and the mold will ship ASAP. Well...... about 2 1/2 weeks passed before I heard anything from her. Then I get a PM from her and she said the mold was in the mail. That was about 2-3 weeks ago. I would like to get my mold and am perplexed by why anyone would just screw people over like this. :(If there is a health concern or death in the family etc. etc. then that is understandable, but to just mess someone around isn't cool. Especially in the shooting community that is constantly under attack as it is!

EMC45
02-03-2008, 11:36 AM
"59 posts,, all but one in the classifieds."

So it was kind of like here then. I think she has a business she's running. Like out of a shop or something. Right after I traded her the 45 WIn Mag brass she promptly told another member she had some 45 Win Mag brass for sale or trade. No big deal, but she told me she really needed some for herself.:confused: I also noticed that almost all her postings were buy/sell/trade.:confused: P.S. the date on the last post Hazel sent me was 15 Jan when she told me the mold was on the way.

Tom-n8ies
02-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Found a phone number wonder if she has a deep voice? 704-435-9236

tom

charger 1
02-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Found a phone number wonder if she has a deep voice? 704-435-9236

tom

When you shaft one person its a small civil matter. When you shaft a bunch its something the uniforms usually like to talk to the person about. Works around here anyway

robertbank
02-26-2008, 12:04 AM
If it is inter state isn't that a Federal Offense down your way.

Take Care

Bob

CSH
09-27-2008, 12:44 PM
I haven't dealt with Hazel, but I did a deal with Terry Grindle, aka the Low Country Gunsmith (LCGS), on another board about 2 years ago. He wanted to trade a "like new" condition Lee 6 cavity mould with handles for a Lyman or RCBS 2 cavity with handles. The Lee mould in question was a standard production and not custom, but it was one that I wanted, so I figured what the heck. I sent him a used, very good condition Lyman 358156 2 cavity with like new handles. He did ship me a mould. I got it out of the box and after about 15 seconds worth of examination decided I wanted my Lyman back. The handles he sent were Lee handles alright. They had been salvaged from a Lee 2 cavity mould! He made no attempt to fit shims of any sort, and the handles being much thinner than real 6 cavity handles allowed the blocks to flop around like you wouldn't believe. The mould faces had numerous dings from the alignment pins. He knew I would be less than thrilled when I received it, so he closed his email account. All I got was bounced mail. Attempts at contact through the Shooters PM system were unanswered. I did some searching on the web and found numerous instances where he had given others the shaft, either by not shipping anything at all or shipping something in lesser condition than was advertised. I printed off all of the comments I could find and mailed them to him, along with a note asking him if a shoddy reputation was worth the few dollars he had taken by being dishonest. Never heard from him again.

James C. Snodgrass
09-27-2008, 01:43 PM
I do believe he posted on IHMSA.net under the name 44man . He got to me for a set of dies. Claimed I should send a barrel to be powder coated for the daughter real glad I didn't send it to get screwed on it to. I also think he was on specialty pistols also. A real loser that claimed failing health or death in family caused delay in shipping or lack there of. James

waksupi
09-27-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't think this should be confused with OUR 44man.

I do believe he posted on IHMSA.net under the name 44man . He got to me for a set of dies. Claimed I should send a barrel to be powder coated for the daughter real glad I didn't send it to get screwed on it to. I also think he was on specialty pistols also. A real loser that claimed failing health or death in family caused delay in shipping or lack there of. James

Scrounger
09-27-2008, 02:32 PM
If it is inter state isn't that a Federal Offense down your way.

Take Care

Bob

Yes,but. When you have several hundred thousand frauds a year, law enforcement agencies just don't have the manpower and money to deal with them all. Unless it is a very large amount of money or large number of voters, it just falls through the cracks. Even if this person defrauded 500 people, they are probably all individuals who don't know of their fellow victims or any way to contact them and organize an attempt to prosecute. Want to make some money? Start up a victims web page for victims to register (for $10) their defraudment, find others victimized by the same villain, and find a lawyer to represent them in a class action suit or to "motivate" law enforcement to do their thing.

John F.
09-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi, folks,

Sorry to hear of your troubles!

A friend of mine is a longtime U.S. Postmaster, and he has told me of the Postal Service's
going after mail fraud thieves in his area. He reports that mail fraud is punishable by a 5-year term in Federal prison PER OFFENSE. They usually charge them with only 3 or 4 of the many
offenses the person commits, and get a quick conviction.

Per his accounts, the Postal Service takes mail fraud very seriously, and if any part of the transaction takes place via US Mail, it constitutes mail fraud. He is of the opinion that they WILL investigate mail fraud and it's easy to catch the perps -- particularly if you pay them by US Postal Money Order, as it's easy to retrieve the MO and get their fingerprints off of it. He's told me a number of accounts of successful busts, and you might just be happily surprised that they DO nail this creep, if you will file complaints!

Hope this helps,
John

James C. Snodgrass
09-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Waksupi, the scoundrel I mentioned has no relation with any of the fine folks I have dealt with or spoke to from this site . I spoke with dude for a hour on the phone and thought he was a good guy. That is what makes me so PO'ed about the deal, I assumed by the conversation he was legit. I swapped a T/C barrel and dies and brass for same from him in different cal, I got a bare barrel, W/O sights,dies,or brass or excuse for lack there of . I know that a set of sights and dies ain't a fortune . But the mans word should be worth a kings ransom. James:-D

TCLouis
09-28-2008, 08:59 AM
The price was reasonable.
Product was as advertised.

There was a "significant" delay in shipment which had me real queasy there for a while.

The product would not work as stated, but that is much my fault for not doing some of my own homework. (TC Contender muzzleloading barrel is modified to work only on G2 for a reason. I did not know that. and was told it would work on ALL Contender actions.)

Just guessing I would say the delays are because HE is depending on one deal on one site to cover another deal made on another site.

Guess I have just been lucky so far!

Suo Gan
11-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Am reading this deadbeat post, and frankly I am ashamed that a fellow shooter/caster would do this. The hammer mold theft post was a let down too.

Could a solution be to have an amount tacked on to a credit card in the event of loss or theft? Like they do at the equipment rental dealers. Maybe that's too complicated? Dues?

Cast you later, SG

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
01-13-2009, 09:55 PM
The same guy that I know ripped a bunch of people off on a couple of other forums a frequent. Over there he and she was going by b00mer. I found a guy on another forum 3 days ago going by b00mer and is in NC. I think it to be th esame person.

H Grindle
300 Grant Trail
Bessemer City, NC 28016
(704) 435-9236

Slingshot
01-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Yep on another board I frequent, he/she goes by the name b00mer, I bought some brass from them but had to bombard them with e-mails for about 3 weeks till he sent the brass that wasn't in that great of shape, I was just happy to have gotten something.

That is him/her I just found the mailing address on an old address.

count em up as a deadbeat, they have been banned from a few boards.

Slingshot

fatnhappy
01-14-2009, 12:15 AM
anyone have an IP?

fishhawk
01-14-2009, 08:45 AM

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
01-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Bad thing is they continue this crap and they havent been stopped. Im surpriised as many as they have taken one hasnt paid them a visit.

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
01-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Im pretty sure this is the same guy
If someone wants this info I will pm it to you. b00mer is spelled with 2 zero's in every place I have found or seen him.
Only thing that has me stumped is he has 5 good feedbacks and no bad

About b00mer
Biography
none
Signature
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional immaturity." (Sigmund Freud) A weapon is just a tool as it has no mind, the mind is what turns it from a tool to a weapon

fatnhappy
01-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Looks like he's also going under the handle:

gun_doctor

http://www.thehuntingtrail.net/ubb/Forum33/HTML/000054.html

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
02-01-2009, 03:28 AM
I enmailed him from another forum. email is bigb00mer@charter.net

3rptr
02-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Glad to see you fellows are keeping after the flaky people.
Will do good to discourage crooks.

Back a ways I did hundreds of deals on Ebay.
Two bad deals out of all of them.
1 was not as described, the other just did not deliver.
Complaint to usps was worthless and it was just a tad over $100.

All told, I've done well horse tradin' with unseen folks around the country.
There's a lotta nice, decent people out there.

Ha! and plenty to squabble with over politics, too!
3rptr

missionary5155
02-15-2009, 05:52 AM
It appears this caracter is now hanging about Marlinownwers.com
Mike in Peru

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
02-15-2009, 11:30 AM
If your a member give them aheads up

oldfartz
02-27-2009, 01:00 AM
There is a difference between OLDFART and Oldfartz!

txpete
02-27-2009, 07:08 AM

http://whatismyipaddress.com/staticpages/index.php/lookup-results

Hostname: 97-81-193-059.dhcp.hckr.nc.charter.com
ISP: CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
Organization: CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
Proxy: None detected
Type: Cable/DSL
Blacklist:

Geo-Location Information

State/Region: NC
City: Maiden
Latitude: 35.5779
Longitude: -81.1677
Area Code: 828

BPCR Bill
02-27-2009, 03:18 PM
There is a difference between OLDFART and Oldfartz!

I need to vouch for "oldfartz", as I sold him some brass & boolitz and the deal went great but for a bit of tardiness on my part. He paid swiftly, promptly, and no monkey buisness. Too bad he's got a handle similar to a deadbeat.

Regards,
Bill

Ron B.
03-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Has anyone been contacted by a guy using this email address? If so, please let me/the rest of us know your experience. It does appear BangumBigButt's been playing games with a lot of folks; ordering things, never paying. His shananigans almost cost me an order of 223 items.

Bangum Bigass (bangumbigass@gmail.com)

GRB

badgeredd
03-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Has anyone been contacted by a guy using this email address? If so, please let me/the rest of us know your experience. It does appear BangumBigButt's been playing games with a lot of folks; ordering things, never paying. His shananigans almost cost me an order of 223 items.

Bangum Bigass (bangumbigass@gmail.com)

GRB

Is this guy on our forum?

Edd

Ron B.
03-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Good question; obviously he only uses this email when he's stirring up trouble. Chances are, he's using others too. There's not much anyone can do to stop him; short of tracking him down through his ISP address. I'm hoping if enough folks step forward, admitting they too were mislead by this guy that will happen. I already know of two other cases. Not here, yet.

GRB

clintsfolly
03-02-2009, 10:35 AM
some on 24 hour campfire where after him. clint

mikenbarb
03-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Yep, I know who he is and if anyone need his info shoot me a PM. He's well known as a person who stiffs lots of people and changes his e-mail and screen name often. He uses his wifes name for his transactions. The first initials he uses are H or H.L I believe. Thats his wife Hazels initials and his first name is Terry if its the same guy I ALMOST had dealings with. He has alot of people looking for him and I know criminal charges have been filed.

BT Sniper
03-05-2009, 03:23 AM
Sounds like the guy who used to swendel the "Ammo Brass Trader" forums in the past.

45nut
03-05-2009, 03:48 AM
thats terry grindel then,, was here and is listed as a deadbeat under "oldfart"

gun_doctor@charter.net was his email here and his ip was

mikenbarb
03-05-2009, 10:14 PM
This guys real name is Terry Grindle and his wifes name is used in scams to get reloading stuff free or cheap. I almost fell into his trap.:twisted:
AKA= Bangumbigass, Bigb00mer, b00mer, etc, etc.
He frequents The Firing Line forum.
.:twisted:

mikenbarb
03-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Yep, Thats him Ken and he's doing it again. I had a box of stuff here for him awating for a item on trade and it never showed. I got his typical ship it first to me story so I told him to pack salt.
He goes under b00mer or Bigb00mer and bangumbigass I believe. He's still on TFL doing deals there.
His e-mail is Bigb00mer@charter.net if anyone needs to contact him for their missing items. Dont know what his new IP is.

codgerville@zianet.com
03-06-2009, 12:20 AM
He was banned from "handloader'sbench.com" for the same stuff.

Recluse
03-06-2009, 12:34 AM
What's his geographic region? Don't need to be specific down to town and street, just what state does he steal oxygen in?

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw his info somewhere else. Had an idea in mind, but he's a bit far away from me.

:coffee:

mikenbarb
03-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Hell yeah, Here ya go.LOL. North Carolina. 300 Grant Tr in Bessamer City 28016.

clintsfolly
03-06-2009, 10:16 AM
yes he stuck me on a trade i sent 30lbs of odd brass and never got my 1000 45acp brass!! will donate gas money for someone closer to put a flaming bag of sh&t on his front porch. clint

McKee Boykin
03-06-2009, 10:31 AM
mikenbarb, that would be NC not SC.

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
03-06-2009, 11:23 AM
He is on the move again over on gon.com. They wont allow you to put a thread up like this or place bad feedback. No warning others or nothing. He goes by b00mer there. That is where he first tried to put it to me.

http://forum.gon.com/search.php?searchid=5619347

jimkim
03-06-2009, 11:45 AM
I put a link to the oldfart thread in my signature on GON. I don't know if it will help, but at least there is a link there. I might get banned, but we gotta look out for each other. Now all I have to do it actually post something on there.lol

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
03-06-2009, 11:49 AM
here is another link to add

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2710316/page/0/fpart/1

smokemjoe
03-06-2009, 11:51 AM
30 years ago I got into a deal like that, Small town, I called the police department, Said he was 2 blocks from them. Told them the story and told them I was going there with a ball bat, they said you can do that and I hung up, I got my gun barrel in a week.

jimkim
03-06-2009, 12:00 PM
It wouldn't let me post both. There were too many characters. I changed it to that link. It has his address near the top.

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
03-06-2009, 12:09 PM
I put it on mine also there. See what happens

RP
03-06-2009, 09:58 PM
If its Farmville NC it is outside of greenville area not a big town not much biggest thing there if i remember right is a tobacco processing plant now call Alliance.

odinohi
06-11-2009, 08:23 PM
This guys real name is Terry Grindle and his wifes name is used in scams to get reloading stuff free or cheap. I almost fell into his trap.:twisted:
AKA= Bangumbigass, Bigb00mer, b00mer, etc, etc.
He frequents The Firing Line forum.
.:twisted:

That is what he registered under on the GGVG site. "stagarmsfan" . I almost did a trade with him. The moderater over there contacted me and told me he may not be who he says he is. I did a little investigating of this jerk and he is T Grindle of NC. He frequents ALL the forums. A real piece of "work". Stay far away from this dickweed. By the way, he is banned over there on the GGVG.

Tom

odinohi
06-11-2009, 08:27 PM
As some of you know oldfart and I made a deal, 204 ruger barrel in super 14 with iron sights, like new, and 100 new brass for her 44 mag barrel, nearly new with iron sights and 100 brass. This took place around 15th dec. i sent mine as she said she did, same day. Two weeks later at my prodding i got mine in my packaging. Problem was no iron sights and only 80 brass, and those were not the best but i overlooked it and asked for my stuff, said it would be sent in a week, i know she had a lot of stuff going at one time so chalked up to oversight. Well been several weeks, some with no reply to pms and all she had to say is i should have got it by now. no reply to supply tracking# or priority#. So i hope you guys have better luck with her although i know of 2 others with like experience. THIS IS MY FIRST DEAL GONE BAD THROUGH THE INTERNET, lets hope she does the right thing. A DEALS A DEAL.
c.b.

Let me guess. You sent your items to NC? Same dude. B00mer,stagarmsfan. Same lowlife from NC, I'll bet on it.

dsmjon
09-18-2009, 11:33 AM
How are you able to tie the SN's B00mer and stagarmsfan back to "oldfart"? I ask b/c there is a 'stagarmsfan' on a local site, near Bessemer City.. but has nothing but positive reviews.

Cowboy5780
09-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Hmmm im only like 10 miles from Bessemer City NC and the 435 phone prefix is from my hometown. 45nut should i get involved or not i damn sure didnt like getting the shaft from Fishin Russ

SCOTT ARTHUR
09-18-2009, 12:32 PM
This guy was the first person " banned " over on ABT, too!

Scott

dsmjon
09-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Same guy then, I inquired about a hot salt bluing tank. Then told him I couldn't afford it. He's been pounding me with PM's ever since. Sent me the same phone number just now.

Going by the SN stagarmsfan on carolinashootersforum.com

Should I link him to this URL?

I should add, he has nothing but postive feedback on that forum.

45nut
02-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Deadbeat Old Fart Hazel Grindle/Maddog 2020
I have reason to believe that the deadbeat known as "Old fart Hazel Grindle" is operating again on this site as Maddog 2020.

On the 15th of last month I responded to an ad by md (Maddgog). He was looking for a 45 cal heavyweight. A deal was struck where I would trade him a Mountain Mold 454375 for a Lyman 225462 SC, RCBS 44-245-KT and a Lee 190HP. I sent him my mold with delivery confirmation. On 1/23 postal records indicated he had received item. I had not as of yet and sent him a pm asking status. He claimed that he had had a toe amputated and that he would be sending items soon. I received a package from md on 1/27 and upon examination found some discrepancies in the items sent. He had switched the 225462 for a 225450 and sent a Lee 432265RD rather than the 45 190 HP. I sent him a pm and he indicated that he would make good on the Lee and would be sending out the proper mold asap. He also went on to say that he had used the mold I sent him and that it worked well. On the 29th of Jan I asked for clarification as to when the mold would be going out and he assured me that he would be sure to send out replacement on the 31st of Jan. As of 2/5 I still hadn't received mold and sent md another pm as to status of mold, no answer was received. on 2/9 I sent another pm regarding status. On 2/11 I got a vague message saying that he had the runs and was delayed. I have sent another pm that he has not replied to. I went through the various posts by md and came across one that struck a nerve. On the second page of posts there was a deleted photobucket picture from "b00mer". I realized I had seen that username before and found it as an alias for Old Fart Hazel Grindle. The moniker he is now using is:

Terry Brindle
143 Miller St.
Gastonia, NC 28052

I hope that you will see to it that this lowlife *** is relisted as a deadbeat.

Unless I hear different,, I see no reason to question the information I just got

45nut
02-12-2011, 10:35 PM
IPv4 address: 67.216.135.56 IPv6 address: ::ffff:43d8:8738 Host name: 67.216.135.56.pool.hargray.net Reverse DNS: 67.216.135.56.pool.hargray.net Country: United States City: Ashburn, VA

Ashburn Virginia ?

fatnhappy
02-12-2011, 11:06 PM
the server location for hargay net is Ashburn, VA. Near as I can tell from the IP address his computer used by that IP is in Hardeeville SC.

beladran
02-13-2011, 12:20 PM
its beyond me how some folks think stiffing abunch of gun tote n trigger happy people is a good idea....

Dakoma
02-14-2011, 02:20 AM
On greybeards forums he is revolverfan2 ,I alerted the Moderator there awhile back and he said he had been doing good dealings there,he has more screen names than anyone I know.That's not good !:mad:

stubshaft
02-14-2011, 04:30 AM
On greybeards forums he is revolverfan2 ,I alerted the Moderator there awhile back and he said he had been doing good dealings there,he has more screen names than anyone I know.That's not good !:mad:

He also lists his addy there as Georgia.

JesterGrin_1
02-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Sorry to say that other forums do not care what someone does on another forum as long as they do not do it on there forum. But by then it is too late. Someone lost something. Thus I strongly feel that if the people in charge of another forum have been given a heads up on the dealings of one of there members and they take advantage of a member on there forum the people in charge of that forum should be held responsible for all losses by said culprit.

Just like Riverwalker 76 is on The Firing Line forum. They could care less as just like the person in this thread they find a safe haven on other forums. Sad but true. :(

Flash
02-14-2011, 07:20 AM
He has been doing this for years. With different ISP addresses, I'm guessing he's a trucker and a dirtbag.

Storydude
02-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Not hard to fake a proxy...

www.hidemyass.com is a free easy one.

Dakoma
02-15-2011, 06:32 PM
He also lists his addy there as Georgia.

I never buy there and go there once in awhile and look around mostly buy from people here and spotted his same sales pitch there and here and a few other places.I was to buy a 410ga slug mould and found he had it posted elseware Badge was to buy or trade in a deal and wanted him to ship first ,he never did and said he got a better deal elseware.How does he post as Revolverfan2 and Georgia on one forum without the Moderator catching on ?

45nut
02-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Well, the volume of members here and the volume of posts/threads kinda precludes background checks and dna database matches being done. We don't have the resources to filter out everyone with bad intentions although we wish we did. We do not allow them safe harbor once exposed though.

JesterGrin_1
02-15-2011, 06:45 PM
We do not allow them safe harbor once exposed though.

I think this one simple line makes this forum far better than most. As you can not stop something that you do not know about. But given a good heads up then we are ahead of the game.:)

Dakoma
02-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Beware of this offered by revolverfan2 on his good standing forum. 1000 45acp brass all police range pickup $75.00 shipped Trades for scope also considered He dont change the Post and will probaly use word for word. I bet Police range pickup !

Longone
02-16-2011, 07:23 AM
From Graybeard:

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,227782.0.html

Longone

oneokie
02-16-2011, 10:26 AM
From Graybeard:

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,227782.0.html

Longone

Linked page says one has to log in.

obssd1958
02-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Here's a screenshot...

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/obssd1958/revolverfan2.jpg

Dakoma
02-16-2011, 04:52 PM
That is the post I saw,he has not so far ripped anyone off there that I can find but think some are leary of him and some of his deals .I have warned a few there also and some just naturally have good instint not to do business with him.

AkMike
02-16-2011, 05:20 PM
revolverfan2
Trade Count: (5)

1000 once fired 45acp
« on: Yesterday at 06:12:22 PM »Quoteall police range pickup
75.00 shipped

trades for scopes also considered

Dakoma
02-16-2011, 05:30 PM
He's not getting any trades lately and we need to find other forums he is on and get the word out when someone tries to deal with him,then he will have to change his name and be a newbie again !

Longone
02-16-2011, 05:54 PM
I do wonder on that forum if you can give yourself positive feedback.

The answer to that question is no.

Longone

JesterGrin_1
02-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Why have feed back if you can give yourself positive feedback lol. I did send a mod there a pm with this thread. But no response. But all we can do is try.

Longone
02-17-2011, 07:16 AM
He built feedback from someone, so I thought I would check. You or I would not want to build up our reputation so we could rip people off but I don't think it's beyond his capability.

Longone

Dakoma
02-17-2011, 05:50 PM
I wonder if he is more than just himself and has another that helps him do his dirty work ?

GrindleHater09
02-21-2011, 02:18 AM
I traded molds with her and got what I was supposed to. I wonder if she used some of us to 'wash' things she'd stolen from someone else. Don't we have her address? Why not send a local around to 'speak' to 'her'...

Her new address is 103 S. Miller st Gastonia NC

GrindleHater09
02-21-2011, 02:23 AM
From the link in the first posting;
Names Hazel Grindle
>> 300 Grant Trail

Terry Grindle
>> 300 Grant Trail

Terry and Hazel Grindle
103 s. Miller St.
Gastonia NC

GrindleHater09
02-21-2011, 02:31 AM

Hazel Grindle 843 645 9202

GrindleHater09
02-21-2011, 02:32 AM
Hazel Grindle 843 645 9202

Terry Grindle 843 753 3470

ronbo
02-21-2011, 07:50 AM
The Terry Grindle ripped me off a few years ago on a so called trade, I sent him some bullet moulds dies and brass and did get a box back but it was junk and tossed it in the garbage. Since then I have blown the whistle on him when I recognized his posts and had him blocked from some gun sites. The stuff I sent him was for sale elsewhere right away.

GrindleHater09
02-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Terry and Hazel Grindle
103 s. Miller st
Gastonia NC

Jim
02-21-2011, 05:51 PM
843 is a lower South Carolina area code. I lived in Charleston most of my life and recognized that A/C immediately.

LOOK AT THIS. (http://www.reversenumberdatabase.com/searchResults?phone=843-753-3470) Jamestown is a very small community about 45 minutes North of Charleston.

HATCH
02-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Grindle Hazel
3234 Smiths Xing
Ridgeland sc
843-645-9202

stubshaft
02-21-2011, 10:49 PM
It is obvious that he is using a bunch of different addy's. Possibly family/friends or a gang of lowlifes.

stubshaft
02-22-2011, 03:35 PM
He has been banned on GBO also now. Just have to keep an eye out for when he tries again, and he WILL try again. This isn't the *** first rodeo.

Dakoma
02-22-2011, 06:38 PM
He has been banned on GBO also now. Just have to keep an eye out for when he tries again, and he WILL try again. This isn't the *** first rodeo.

I sent PM's to 2 people that were going to make a deal with him and they read this Deadbeat post here,went and cant find a post all pulled for revolverfan2 on GBO.What other forums does he have good standing on ? I will go there and alert them also !:bigsmyl2:

JesterGrin_1
02-22-2011, 07:04 PM

Very glad to hear it. As I also sent a few pm's to mods over there. :).

What is more important is that the people in charge of GBO did listen. Too bad this is not the norm with many other forums.

45nut
12-15-2011, 01:57 PM
smokingguns is the newest incarnation of the persona behind all the usernames above.
Distinct pattern,, join,, start small and glean a few favorable feedback notes over petty stuff,, then lay in wait for a score.

lesharris
12-15-2011, 02:41 PM
smokingguns has tried to buy products from me on this site.
He responded to the add saying money order was on the way.
A week later no money order.
I p-mailed.his response days later was the money order was misplaced,and to relist the item so someone else could buy it.
I did not send the item in advance.
Since that dealing i will not send anything out before receiving payment.
Les.

45nut
12-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Fit's his pattern. Sorry you had to have him involved.

HE DOES NOT REFLECT THE CHARACTER OF THIS FORUM.

Catshooter
12-15-2011, 03:48 PM
45nut is absolutley correct, he doesn't fit the usual character of this forum.

I have sent the money/item out before the other parties money/item had gotten to me many, many times here. But I only do it with good people of long standing. Never been burned.

Cat

Jim
12-15-2011, 04:10 PM
.....Since that dealing i will not send anything out before receiving payment.Les.

That's a shame, too, because most here are trustworthy.

obssd1958
12-15-2011, 04:13 PM
I found this link on GBO a couple of days ago. Some might find it interesting reading, because it does give a current location for this individual...

http://www.gastongazette.com/articles/crump-52947-grindle-charged.html

...for what it's worth.

45nut
12-15-2011, 04:56 PM
That was from last november, I have been on the phone with both the Sheriff dept and the local pd and NEITHER WILL TAKE ACTION. They specialize in avoiding responsibility and passing the buck to other jurisdictions. It truly is a shame that they enable this jerk to keep preying on people.
Appalling how they just do not want to get involving in stopping the predators. Reminds me too clearly of the many many depts that allow scum like Ben Cannon to get away with the theft he did too.
Meanwhile the Govt works ever so diligently in laundering drug money and arming the cartels.
Yes,, I am pissed.

DukeInFlorida
12-15-2011, 05:25 PM
This can't be the same guy can it???

http://firearm-dealers.findthebest.com/l/13564/Grindle-Terry-Ray

FFL that expired Dec 1st, this year?????

Maybe the ATF should know how sleezy this guy is..................

45nut
12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Heck,, the ATF is sleazier than this guy!
I have called the NC, SC and GA state police and NONE Of them have ANY interest, it's not their problem, jurisdiction ,etc,etc,, none of them are willing to step up to the plate. Not a one. I find the same pattern across the depts from city on up through county and state.
Call the fbi? When they are busy with the ATF and DEA shipping guns to mexican cartels? Hardly on the active duty roster of the day when its a piddling scumbag that just crosses state lines with his days receipts. We have nobody out there that resembles the officer friendly that I grew up knowing. Too many agendas to protect instead of We the People. Rant off.

Catshooter
12-15-2011, 06:44 PM
I agree with you nut. It's a very sad state of affairs too.

Cat

lesharris
12-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Maybe the US postmaster should be notified.
Mail fraud is illegal.
BATFE could deny renewal if they were notified.
Possibly FEDEX and UPS also.
If he were cutoff from receiving anything then he could not sell.
I agree with 45 nut. The gov't is in a sad state of affairs with controlling this or almost anything else.
All my other sales on this site have been excellant.
Les.

fatnhappy
12-15-2011, 10:31 PM
This can't be the same guy can it???

http://firearm-dealers.findthebest.com/l/13564/Grindle-Terry-Ray

FFL that expired Dec 1st, this year?????

Maybe the ATF should know how sleezy this guy is..................

That's him. I traced a number of his IP addresses and Ridgeland was the source for a couple of them.

Fight leads to assault charges for three Gastonia neighbors

November 25, 2010 8:37 PM

Michael Barrett

A physical altercation between three Gastonia neighbors resulted in each of them being arrested and charged on Wednesday.

The suspects involved were Terry Ray Grindle, 55, and Hazel Louise Grindle, 50, of 103 Miller St., and Bobbie Jo Hayes Crump, 40, of 102 Miller St.

The fight occurred on the block where the three live.

Terry Grindle was charged with assault with a deadly weapon for striking Crump in the head with a tire iron, according to arrest warrants. Hazel Grindle was charged with assault by pointing a gun after she aimed a 9mm semi-automatic handgun at Crump, according to warrants.

Crump was charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury for assaulting both Terry and Hazel Grindle with a knife.

The Grindles were each held on bonds of $5,000 at the Gaston County Jail, while Crump was held on a $20,000 bond.

the grindles
(http://www.gastongazette.com/articles/crump-52947-grindle-charged.html#ixzz1gf21tVz7)

Slingshot
12-16-2011, 08:20 AM
You mean this guy and his lovely wife?

badge176
12-16-2011, 04:26 PM
As Dakoma mentioned earlier, I was hot and heavy about a ".410 HB slug mold" from Maddog2020, but I balked when it seemed to stall, and then Dakoma warned me that it appeared item was At Least cross-listed. I persisted and Maddog2020 backed out- said that he'd traded it already blaming ME for dropping the ball. I reported shady practices to 45nut and lookee here; the duck is a duck!

Oddly enough I did a trade with 'smokingguns' here recently, but what I got was not exactly what had been billed, and I shoulda caught on when he switched the trade up ( originally .45-70 brass for .45Colt ammo, then he offered me a 'Lyman 55'). I was flush on brass and could put another 55 to use, so we traded. What I got was maybe a Herters copy of the Lyman, but it seems functional. I'm REAL glad that I opted to not give feedback on that trade.

So is 'smokingguns' gonna get banned?

badge176
12-16-2011, 04:35 PM
And if Mr. Grinddle lived in my Primary Service Area he'd make the top of the 'special Attention' list.

charger 1
12-16-2011, 05:23 PM
You mean this guy and his lovely wife?

Like the monkey said when he looked between his legs

What a pair

Longone
12-16-2011, 05:46 PM
AHHH, love is blind....good thing.

Longone

Catshooter
12-17-2011, 11:14 AM
I believe you badge176. It's a pity there aren't more like you around.

Cat

para45lda
12-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Amen on some being around. Too bad not any we know in his area

Wes

Lefty SRH
12-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Wow, I came close to making a deal with "Smokingguns" on a lubamatic

BD
12-18-2011, 11:12 PM
I drive past that Ridgeland address every time I go to the range here. No gun shop is apparent on that stretch of road. I'll look for the house number next time I go by. The police blotter report of the fight in Gastonia NC is 3 1/2 hours north of there.
BD

BossHoss
12-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Miscreants like this need to be called out and tattooed with a SCARLET LETTER on their forehead!!!

Of course, since his/her modus operandi uses the anonymity of the internet....

We need the best hacker on CB to hack into his computer and give it STUXNET or at get his dsl account turned off.

If this ever came before a civil judge, aka a class action against him, the judge may ban him from the internet.

Who know what other hobby forums (other than guns) they wreak havoc on....quilting bees, woodworking, car parts.....these low-lifes have nothing but time on their hands....

They probably go to local flea markets, swaps, gunshows, .....and every methhead that steals anything in their area , probably shows up at their doorstep holding out someone else's best stuff.

Hack 'em,...harass 'em...eyeball 'em. I wish I lived close enough to befriend him , and then F him, for all the pain he has caused.

contender1
12-27-2011, 11:19 AM
THis is my first time looking at the deadbeats section. I was ashamed to find that the "grindles" are from NC. And, not too far from me. (less than 2 hrs drive.) If I were able to help, I'd do so. However, knowing the LEO attitude in that area, (my brother lives near the area,) I can see how they don't want to get involved. HOWEVER, now that there has been other criminal charges, a polite call to the DA in the county where they were arrested MIGHT help put this scum away. Next, a formal written complaint to the USPS and filed properly, along with notices of their arrests COULD possiblily get more action.

DukeInFlorida
12-28-2011, 08:39 AM
I would caution you all (y'all, as they say down south) that threatening to do any sort of bodily harm is the basis for the charge of assault. Battery is the carrying out of assault. So, assault and battery is two charges.

Please don't be verbalizing any imaginary assault desires or threats in this forum.

Ken doesn't need to have any issues with the Grindles complaining about assault from here.

lkydvl
12-28-2011, 12:41 PM
That bit of legal language does NOT apply to all states.

fishhawk
12-28-2011, 12:45 PM
OK come on this is not the place to argue about semantics. This is a thread meant to warn all members here to watch out for dealings with the deadbeats! steve k swapping and selling moderator

lkydvl
12-28-2011, 06:25 PM
my apologies Sir.

sisiphunter
12-30-2011, 11:23 AM
If they were in Saskatoon Id sure stop by and say hello to them. I dont take too kindly to this type of conduct. I know it is very difficult to charge in these circumstances as we have a hard time with that up here too with all kinfs of frauds. But they can always use a good talkin too by a uniform and it usually leads to us findin somethin else to arrest them on while we are there.

SSGOldfart
12-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Just wanted to point out it's a different Oldfart not me,I'm SSG Oldfart in Texas:holysheep:sad:

Alvarez Kelly
12-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Just wanted to point out it's a different Oldfart not me,I'm SSG Oldfart in Texas:holysheep:sad:

We know. And we love you. :-)

dajudge43
12-30-2011, 11:11 PM
i am familar with the area where he lives and where he lived also...have a friend that lives around the curve ...called him and he says it is a run down trailer park.. the miller st address is a lot of lower class mill village type houses where the crime rate is high...if i get a chance next tuesday(i have a appointment in gastonia) i will find it and see what i can see..also am friends with the sherrif of gaston co and will speak to him the next time i get a chance..but saying that you have to understand they cannot act unless they have a act committed in their jurisdiction and also have a complainant that can come to court to testify...that is why when you start a trade or attempt to buy..we are all taking a certain amount of chance...

redrusanov
01-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Dumb me send T Grindle $25 for 10mm mag. Here is address
T Grindle
p.o. box 84
meldrim,ga 31318
P.S. If I find you will kick your ***. Broken legs and arms 99% promise.

fishhawk
01-09-2012, 07:06 PM
and let me guess....no mag right?

Doc_Stihl
01-11-2012, 02:49 PM
I unfortunately entered into a trade with Grindle. Wasn't until after I sent my rifle to him that I realized who he was. Needless to say, nothing but lies and run around. When it was all said and done, I received a firearm that was less than described and didn't receive the $100 that was agreed upon.

I wish there was something that I could do to resolve it, but I don't know where to start.

jimkim
01-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Does he ever do business out of GA. I saw it was mentioned. If so, what is the address or city he's in? I'll see if I know any LEO's that work there. It's a longshot, but I'll ask around. I'm thinking it might just be mail fraud and out of their jurisdiction.

Assault is swinging at someone. Battery is if you hit them. In GA Aggravated Assault is our term for attempted murder. The terms do get confusing when you look at the different level of each charge. Threatening someone can in GA can be terroristic threats. A lot of this stuff kinda depends on the Magistrate's interpretation and whether the individual involved is a pain in the ***. In small towns, the charges tend to be a bit smaller when they get their head handed to them.

Doc_Stihl
01-13-2012, 08:19 PM
His mailing address is in Georgia.
Doing business as "Gun Doctor".

Good Cheer
01-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Just read all the way through here. It's been quite an education.

Bert2368
01-17-2012, 08:46 PM
The mug shot pictures taken after the knife/tire iron/gun fight with the neighbor lady were just the frosting on the cake. You don't think that bunch spends any of their ill gotten gains on booze and meth, do ya?

Could we perhaps "google bomb" his name and all known screen names so this thread shows up in response to any searches related to his name...

Idaho Sharpshooter
01-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Duke,

read up a little more.

Assault is the physical attempt to do bodily harm.
Battery is the physical act of doing bodily harm.

Threatening is the verbal attempt to exercise your Constitutional Rights in most every state.

ocelott
01-24-2012, 02:35 AM
Duke,

read up a little more.

Assault is the physical attempt to do bodily harm.
Battery is the physical act of doing bodily harm.

Threatening is the verbal attempt to exercise your Constitutional Rights in most every state.

Not trying to split hairs here but there is more the the definition of "assault"

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm.

The act required for an assault must be overt. Although words alone are insufficient, they might create an assault when coupled with some action that indicates the ability to carry out the threat.

There can be no assault if the act does not produce a true apprehension of harm in the victim. There must be a reasonable fear of injury. The usual test applied is whether the act would induce such apprehension in the mind of a reasonable person. The status of the victim is taken into account.

"Legalese" I know, but the nuances are important.

Bert2368
01-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't throwing him to a pack of hungry lawyers be more fun than throwing him a ski mask party anyhow? Bruises and broken bones heal, felony records are forever.

(edit)
A felony will lose him his FFL too (if he has one).

kmag
01-25-2012, 12:29 AM
jimkim,

This low-life,scum sucker was on this board doing business in the swapping and selling section between 9-16-2011 and 11-20-2011. He was posting under the name "smokingguns" and I was unfortunate enough to make a deal with him. He said that he engraved guns and the address I mailed him at was: The Gun Doctor, P.O. Box 84. Meldrim GA 31318. Meldrim is off is off i-16 about 10 miles or so West of i-95 near Savannah.
Here is some of the things he told me in PM's for being slow to send me the stuff I had traded for:
1- He couldn't get out to his shop. It was raining and didn't want to get his wheel chair wet.
2- His mother-in-law had to have emergency surgery and it turned out to be cancer.
3- He had a bunch of appointments at the V.A.
4- On 11-20-2011 the last time I heard from him, He stated that he had back surgery schedule for the 27 of the month.

While I was in contact with him I saw post after post where he was making deals with other members. At one time he said he had a lot of wood walnut etc. to sale. He was posting all over the place. I even saw one post stating he was a straight shooter. I went back to check after he stopped returning my posts. Everything on the board by him is gone, even his handle. I still have all the PM's he sent me on my computer. I wonder how many others members were ripped off. Take Care,

Baryngyl
01-25-2012, 04:34 AM
Could we perhaps "google bomb" his name and all known screen names so this thread shows up in response to any searches related to his name...

I have heard the term Google bomb before but do not know what it is, can you explain?

Michael Grace

Bert2368
01-26-2012, 05:33 AM
http://howto.wired.com/wiki/'Google_Bomb'_an_Enemy

You abuse the method Google and other search engines use to decide what to put on top of the first page returned when a term is searched on-

stubshaft
01-26-2012, 06:12 AM
What a shame this *** is still breathing. Kmag he used that back surgery line on me for a while. Then told me that the postman forgot to p/u the package. I helped to get him booted off of GBO also but I guess he is back to his tricks.

DukeInFlorida
01-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Wielding a baseball bat, and threatening to take someone's head off in a heated argument is likely to be allowed as assault. If the guy were threatening me that way, and closer than 30 feet, I'd be justified in shooting.

Probably what happened to the guy this thread is about.

But the assault turned into also the additional charge of battery. Battery with the Intent to Kill is a further refinement. And on, and on....

johnlaw484
03-02-2012, 10:10 PM
https://www.facebook.com/bigb00mer FYI in case ya'll wanna "friend":Fire::Fire: him.

johnlaw484
03-02-2012, 10:12 PM
https://www.facebook.com/hazelgrindle FB page for his wife.

fatnhappy
03-03-2012, 12:02 AM
https://www.facebook.com/hazelgrindle FB page for his wife.

You can always tell a proud flag flying Christian by the way they treat others.

Bert2368
03-03-2012, 12:42 AM
You know, I have a hard time squareing the pictures on those facebook links with the mug shots from the gun/knife/tire iron party arrests. It would have taken a lot of hard miles and hill billy drugs to make the couple in the wedding photos look like that. I know there are 50+ people in the US with my name... For years, the one (with the EXACT same nick name) that came up first on google was a (famous for cross dressing) college professor! Maybe we need to cross reference? If it pans out, then it's time to friend 'em and start posting fun stuff on their walls.

Doc_Stihl
03-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Bigboomer matches up to Grindle's email and that's a profile picture that he's used. Area is right as well.

Bert2368
03-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Does the wife match up in some fashion as well? Guy in the wedding pics in firefighter uniform doesn't much look like Terry R. Grindle mug shot...

Every post on his wall is him begging for free stuff?!

BT Sniper
03-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Actually had "smokinguns" pm me back on 8-31-11 reguarding some of my dies. Glad I never heard back from him and glad I happend on to this thread.

BT

mr.jake
03-11-2012, 04:17 AM
I happen to live near some of these people. This hazel and her husband are a short drive from my home. If you guys comply all of the ways they have ripped you off i mite go speak with them. You can pm me if you like.

dj'slevers
03-20-2012, 09:02 PM
If he is a felon law enforcement may be interested in him purchasing firearms. I am a little hesitant to buy anything on this site now. Sad.

Alvarez Kelly
03-21-2012, 01:45 AM
If he is a felon law enforcement may be interested in him purchasing firearms. I am a little hesitant to buy anything on this site now. Sad.

What does that mean? This thread is about a DEADBEAT. We publicize the duds, to keep our membership from getting victimized. I would not hesitate to ship out parts, boolits, or brass to hundreds of the members of this forum, without first getting payment. Would I do that for a newbie with zero posts and no feedback? Probably not. But I have made hundreds of trades, going both ways, and have NEVER been burned.

There are a LOT of great men on this forum. And I mean real men. There are men's men here. This thread in this section is to warn EVERYONE about one deadbeat. I think you took it wrong.

leadbutt
03-21-2012, 07:02 PM
smokingguns almost got me on some gas checks. guess i got away lucky. i got the back surgery story. he just couldnt make it to the po nor ask his sons to either. guess their back needed surgery as well.

jimkim
05-20-2012, 11:18 AM
I hit a dead end. Seems there's not a whole lot the locals can do about it.

Doc_Stihl
05-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Can do or are willing to do? If it was $100k do you think they could do something?

This guy failed to provide payment of $100 to in my case. Not much recourse, because it's just not worth it.

meshugunner
06-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I am new to CB and have just bought a couple of items from the classified list. I am sure the transactions will be fine. I've bought and sold a fair amount of stuff online. I try to be reasonably careful but I accept a certain level of 'disappointment' as the cost of doing business.

Usually it's not worth chasing these people down but one trick that sometimes works is to threaten to file a complaint with law enforcement. Make it sound convincing even if it's BS.

"To inform you that I am going to file a complaint with the Office of Attorney General in my state, X, under the Wire & Mail Fraud Act section 893 subsection 17. Subsequently, I will proceed to file with the Attorney General's office in your state, Y, under the reciprocity agreement between X and Y of 1987..... "

Doesn't always work but twice it has resulted in a money order being sent overnight. :) At the very least it will give the SOB some heartburn :)

Added later: As someone pointed out to me in a PM, this is probably not a good idea when dealing with Grindle. I doubt this threat would impress him and he sounds like a nasty character. Provoking him might cost more than the sum of money involved. My suggestion was a general one.

45-70 Chevroner
08-04-2012, 02:32 PM
I am new to CB and have just bought a couple of items from the classified list. I am sure the transactions will be fine. I've bought and sold a fair amount of stuff online. I try to be reasonably careful but I accept a certain level of 'disappointment' as the cost of doing business.

Usually it's not worth chasing these people down but one trick that sometimes works is to threaten to file a complaint with law enforcement. Make it sound convincing even if it's BS.

"To inform you that I am going to file a complaint with the Office of Attorney General in my state, X, under the Wire & Mail Fraud Act section 893 subsection 17. Subsequently, I will proceed to file with the Attorney General's office in your state, Y, under the reciprocity agreement between X and Y of 1987..... "

Doesn't always work but twice it has resulted in a money order being sent overnight. :) At the very least it will give the SOB some heartburn :)

Added later: As someone pointed out to me in a PM, this is probably not a good idea when dealing with Grindle. I doubt this threat would impress him and he sounds like a nasty character. Provoking him might cost more than the sum of money involved. My suggestion was a general one.

I think Grindle is a she, so as someone pointed out in a previous post, there are two ways to argue with a female and neither one works. Making a threat of X and Y probabley would not work anyway because I don't think she is smart enough to recognize one.

Longwood
08-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Maybe lots of people trying to befriend them, and do nothing, until there are enough people for a mass attack, all on maybe their birthday:redneck:.

okiecruffler
08-09-2012, 04:44 AM
Looks like he/she has been burning up the classified board over at Specialty Pistols under the name docinthehouse.

Bert2368
08-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Went over to specialty pistols and took a look. What led you to believe that docinthehouse is another Grindle avatar? Right area is listed as location, email show in sig is gun_doctor@comcast.net

He/she used gun_doctor with different email providers in the past...

okiecruffler
08-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Just seems like a lot of coinky dinks. NOt to mention 15 post, a dozen of them in the classifieds. That doesn't foster must trust in me. But here lately I've been burned about as often as I've had fair deals.

Bert2368
08-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Sorry to hear that you've been burned here! I have been mostly very happy with the folks around here-

I made a nice polite post asking a question on "docinthehouse"'s most recent sales thread over at specialty pistols. You have to join to see it or to make a post there, but it's free.

http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7946077864/m/8300078256

fishhawk
08-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Well if you have been "burned" by deals here I would like to hear the particulars! steve k swapping and selling moderator

waksupi
08-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Just seems like a lot of coinky dinks. NOt to mention 15 post, a dozen of them in the classifieds. That doesn't foster must trust in me. But here lately I've been burned about as often as I've had fair deals.

Yes, we definitely want to hear about any that happen here. Or were you talking about other boards?

Doc_Stihl
08-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Grindle runs his FFL as "The Gun Doctor".

Bert2368
08-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Aaaaaaand-

The folks over at specialty pistols must have had their suspicions too. Suspended until they determine he's NOT a scammer.

Don't worry, he'll show up again somewhere else under a new name.

oneokie
08-09-2012, 10:58 PM
If anyone here has posting privilidges there, post the link to this thread there.

Bert2368
08-09-2012, 11:07 PM
If anyone here has posting privilidges there, post the link to this thread there.

Allready done. Posted links to some other forums that Grindle's burned folks at too.

JesterGrin_1
08-10-2012, 04:44 AM

But be careful in doing so. As I was booted from one forum by doing just that. And was informed they did nothing wrong on there forum and what they did on another was not there worry.

DukeInFlorida
08-10-2012, 06:58 AM
It was one of this forum's finest Moderators who asked for the cross post. I'm sure it will be fine.

Magnum Mike
08-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Well, its seems this bunch is using a different name and address now. They have arrived at Specialty Pistols under the username "docinthehouse" with the following name and address.

gun_doctor@comcast.net

Remy woodforest
180 7th street
meldrim ga 31348

912-665-1359

IP 68.54.180.148

Unless this "female" can come up with a REALLY good reason why they would have similar credentials to these thugs, they wont be visiting our site any more...

Magnum Mike
08-10-2012, 08:53 AM
I went back to our site and checked ip addy's and found that "docinthehouse" had the same ip as big b00mer. Revolverfan2 had the same ip as 45nut posted on a back page so i have now banned all their alias', emails, ip's, etc... Hopefully thats the last we see of those turds.

300winmag
08-10-2012, 08:55 AM
"docinthehouse" how does webster define "thiefinthehouse"
You can run but you can't hide.

Bert2368
08-10-2012, 10:06 AM
He had at least 3 screen names running on specialty pistols. He's likely got some here too-

From the guys @ specialty pistols:
Had it not been for your info, they might have burned someone here. I found them as docinthehouse, big b00mer & revolverfan2. I have now banned them all.

Keep an eye out for old Terry- I'm sure we'll see more of him.

Say, I wonder if mail fraud would be a parole violation for him? Let's see if we can find his parole officer and ask!

DukeInFlorida
08-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Maybe the mods at specilty pistols would kindly share the IP addresses that relate to the email addresses used.... That would help us lock out any new accounts here....

Doc_Stihl
08-10-2012, 09:36 PM
I tried looking up the outcome of the arrest of Terry and Hazel the lowlifes, but couldn't find anything.

Terry holds an FFL and I sure would have liked to inform the ATF of a conviction.

okiecruffler
08-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Wasn't burned on here. I don't think I've ever traded on here. Stopped casting for quite awhile and wasn't around. Sad that we have to keep watch out for these yutzs.

stubshaft
08-24-2012, 05:54 PM
I thought that this *** was in jail. I was burned by him in the past and helped him get banned from another site a couple of years ago. Sad to see him still acting up.

Hank10
10-26-2012, 06:05 PM
You might also try the North Carolina Attorney General. I ordered a barrel from a guy in New Jersey and after over a year of stalling ,I contacted the N.J. attorney General and they investagated and right away he sent my money back. H10

huli
03-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Wonder if this is the same guy? Maybe he got run out of NC
gundoctor
Trade Count: (+2)
View Profile
Email
Personal Message (Offline)

Older model frame for thompson contender forsale or trade

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:12 AM »

it does have switch to go from center to rim-fire,
if this frame was not in as good of condition I would take less,with pachmyer grip and forearm with hanger
but it is almost new condition. meet you 1/2 way at 290.00 to your ffl
buyer s******ed on 7mm tcu barrel if interested. would take 125.00 with frame , the barrel has been dipped in rebel camo,its the 10" in the photo
you can send m/o and ffl to me at

T Grindle
p.o. box 84
meldrim,ga 31318

912-335-5111 ,will tied up rest of day here but will be freed up once monday hits
I can ship the frame 2-3 day shipping

gundoctor
Trade Count: (+2)
View Profile
Email
Personal Message (Offline)

Older model frame for thompson contender forsale or trade

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:12 AM »

it does have switch to go from center to rim-fire,
if this frame was not in as good of condition I would take less,with pachmyer grip and forearm with hanger
but it is almost new condition. meet you 1/2 way at 290.00 to your ffl
buyer s******ed on 7mm tcu barrel if interested. would take 125.00 with frame , the barrel has been dipped in rebel camo,its the 10" in the photo
you can send m/o and ffl to me at

T Grindle
p.o. box 84
meldrim,ga 31318

912-335-5111 ,will tied up rest of day here but will be freed up once monday hits
I can ship the frame 2-3 day shipping

Wonder if this is the same guy/????????

Bert2368
03-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Which board did you find him on? Sure looks like our old friend Terry.

(edit)
Oh yes. Sure does look like Terry has joined Accurate Shooters and is in the process of building his rep until he can make another score.

I contacted the moderator, perhaps he won't get to burn anyone over there.

Doc_Stihl
03-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Gundoctor = Grindle the scumbag.

stubshaft
03-30-2013, 12:48 AM
I thought that they had put that SOB away? Sure looks like his handiwork though.

Hamish
03-30-2013, 12:59 AM
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3810898.0

I think I might be tempted to contact the intended victim.

JesterGrin_1
03-30-2013, 01:03 AM
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3810898.0

I think I might be tempted to contact the intended victim.

You Definitely Should.

Bert2368
03-30-2013, 01:50 AM
Sent the guy an email. Copied Terry! One way or another this *** hat needs to be run off of every gun swapping and selling forum in the US.

JesterGrin_1
03-30-2013, 02:22 AM
Sent the guy an email. Copied Terry! One way or another this *** hat needs to be run off of every gun swapping and selling forum in the US.

Correction The WORLD if possible.

oldscool
04-01-2013, 12:21 AM
I pm'd the mods on accurate shooter over 6mos ago when I first saw "gun doctor" selling on their site. Sent links to this and several other forums regarding this scumbag, and never received a reply, nor saw action on his for sale posts. I guess when someone that matters gets burnt, they will pay attention and possibly ban him.

JesterGrin_1
04-01-2013, 01:31 AM
Oldscool I have had this happen to myself as well on other forums. I would warn them and give them the information but if I got a reply it was well they did nothing wrong on there sight.

P.K.
04-03-2013, 11:16 PM
"Silence is Compliance."

Yoall did your part, let them pop the excedrine over the fan hitting the floor over this turd. ;-)

huli
05-25-2013, 09:45 PM
He might be here to!!!!!!#7711963 - 05/04/13 07:18 PM I need to sell my Browning 1895 in 30-06
Oldphart Online content

Loc: BC Canada Hi guys & dolls. I need to get this special rifle sold ASAP
In 1984 Browning manufactured 5000 of these in 30-06. This is one that has experienced only 5 rounds down the pipe and is pretty much new. Typical Browning engineering, beauty, and smooth operation here not to mention a bit of a limited collector. Only $1000. + shipping
[/URL]

lka
05-25-2013, 10:11 PM
He might be here to!!!!!!#7711963 - 05/04/13 07:18 PM I need to sell my Browning 1895 in 30-06
Oldphart Online content

Loc: BC Canada Hi guys & dolls. I need to get this special rifle sold ASAP
In 1984 Browning manufactured 5000 of these in 30-06. This is one that has experienced only 5 rounds down the pipe and is pretty much new. Typical Browning engineering, beauty, and smooth operation here not to mention a bit of a limited collector. Only $1000. + shipping
[/URL]

Can't you back check the ip? I help mod another site and we can do that and see if anyone matches,, I don't like thefts, they are scum, they need to get a job, work hard, and buy their own ****,,,,,

charger 1
05-26-2013, 07:00 AM
If he's a canuk, send his IP to the RCMP. Even if 45nut can find it from here. One thing our fuzz don't go light on up here is fraud

robertbank
05-26-2013, 11:18 AM
If he's a canuk, send his IP to the RCMP. Even if 45nut can find it from here. One thing our fuzz don't go light on up here is fraud

Would be nice if this were true but you would be lucky to get a file started over an internet sale under $1K. Such activities are almost impossible to track and even less likely to get a conviction. Like the US, we have budget constraints and there is only so much money to fund our court system.

Caveat Emptor applies

Take Care

Bob

BrassMagnet
05-29-2013, 11:49 AM
It is obvious that he is using a bunch of different addy's. Possibly family/friends or a gang of lowlifes.

Any LEOs in lower South Carolina? Theft of less than $1000 may not be a high priority, but how about conspiracy to commit theft?

Cosmiceyes
07-18-2013, 01:47 AM
I was in a want to trade page ,and this oldfart was giving the guy a run around.

Doc_Stihl
07-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Which page?

fishhawk
07-19-2013, 07:48 AM
I don't believe it was here on cast boolits.

Cosmiceyes
07-20-2013, 03:24 AM
It was on here,but I didn't save the forum,and just remembered oldfart by name when I found this thread.I am to new to know yet all the softwear stuff,and how to use it.I was wanting to buy the item,but oldfart had pm the guy,the guy bumped,there was old fart saying he was sick sorry pm coming.The the guy bumps,and someone else pm and got the mold.I figured bump mean like thread refreshed,and all pm's are void.I don't belong to another forum like this.

fishhawk
07-20-2013, 08:15 AM
I was meaning it wasn't here recently (I hope) steve k S&S moderator

DukeInFlorida
07-20-2013, 12:05 PM
There are NO OTHER forums like this one. And, almost no reason to stray from this one.
Welcome to one of the very best forums on the Internet.

I don't belong to another forum like this.

NewbieDave007
07-21-2013, 10:18 AM
It was on here,but I didn't save the forum,and just remembered oldfart by name when I found this thread.I am to new to know yet all the softwear stuff,and how to use it.I was wanting to buy the item,but oldfart had pm the guy,the guy bumped,there was old fart saying he was sick sorry pm coming.The the guy bumps,and someone else pm and got the mold.I figured bump mean like thread refreshed,and all pm's are void.I don't belong to another forum like this.

You asked what a "Bump" was in your trading thread and then it came up here so let me try to explain it.

Some people only pay attention to newer threads, or threads with new comments as they are higher in the order of the section. For instance, if you were selling an item, you would prefer to be on page 1 instead of 2, 3, 4, etc. Someone "Bumping” a thread is meant to bring it to page one and catch the eye of more people.

Hopefully I didn't butcher the explanation too much, but please ask if you have any more questions and welcome. Careful though, this site is addicting.

Dave

Rick45Colt
08-06-2013, 10:49 PM
I have been reading this thread with some interest and was thinking is there not a group of gypsies that live down in that part of the country? I seem to remember a tv special about a clan and thought it was from that area.

Bert2368
08-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Do you mean the "Irish travelers"?

http://www.fraudtech.org/travelers.htm

I suppose scamming on the internet would be right up their alley. Little chance for prosecution, and they would save a lot on gas money compared to their old ways.

3006guns
08-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Wow.......I read that link with my jaw hanging open. I had that exact scenario pulled on me many years ago by two good looking young girls dressed in somewhat "revealing" outfits. I was working on a customer's phone line in the woods of northern California when this Chevy pickup pulled over and the girls gave me that exact same story, i.e. order refused for some reason, boss told them to sell it cheap, etc.

Now, why they would pick a phone man in the middle of nowhere to try and unload this stuff is beyond me, but I looked the items over (a band saw, shop crane and some other stuff). I already knew the retail of comparable items as I had my own shop and received trade papers all the time, so I realized their price was ridiculous.......plus I really questioned the quality from what I could see. None of it passed the "smell test".I did them a favor and referred them to an auto shop whose owner had stiffed me on a repair job once. They departed, waving and winking.

That was easily 25 years ago, so they've been around for quite awhile.

fiberoptik
09-03-2013, 10:50 PM
What about Maddog2020? What's the story on him?

fishhawk
09-04-2013, 07:22 AM
It's all the same person.

millerwb
09-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Thank you all for the warning. I was about to send $$ for some molds. Not now!!

obssd1958
09-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Where did you find an ad from him for moulds??

Idaho Sharpshooter
09-05-2013, 12:38 AM
OBSSD,

give me a call on my cell in the morning.

Rich

millerwb
09-05-2013, 08:40 PM
My mistake. I misread the name. Guess it is time to go back for new bifocals. Getting old is a pain. You know, a pain here today and there tomorrow.

Bert2368
01-10-2014, 10:30 PM
That's a federal crime, and a felony- Time to talk to the postal inspectors.

However, unless there's reason to believe Mr. Grindle has moved to New York- Mods should be consulted about starting a NEW deadbeat thread.

rosewood
08-14-2014, 08:39 AM
I didn't read all the post to see if it was mentioned, but forgive me if it was. This guy also uses BigB00mer and I have seen him on theoutdoortrader.com. I also found a post on on esite where supposedly him and his wife had been arrested for fraud at one point, but he is active on the trader again. I have found myself more than once clicking on his post and then realizing who it was. I avoid like a plague. I have seen him list casting equipment as well as TC stuff. Fortunately I have never had any dealings with him thanks to others that have pointed out his questionable dealings.

Rosewood

KuunLB
11-06-2014, 03:31 PM
apparently november 2013 hazel died.

this was an interesting read.. unfortunately i've had dealings with people like this in my time.. it's a shame. this forum seems to be a good one. hate that it's been plagued by scammers.

i'd say though, i wouldn't want to be the scammer, you guys went nuts on him/her haha

fatnhappy
11-06-2014, 07:16 PM
apparently november 2013 hazel died.

this was an interesting read.. unfortunately i've had dealings with people like this in my time.. it's a shame. this forum seems to be a good one. hate that it's been plagued by scammers.

i'd say though, i wouldn't want to be the scammer, you guys went nuts on him/her haha

According to Terri Grindle's facebook profile he's alive and well. His wife Hazel died last November 16th. Hopefully they'll reunite soon.

KuunLB
11-08-2014, 02:58 AM
According to Terri Grindle's facebook profile he's alive and well. His wife Hazel died last November 16th. Hopefully they'll reunite soon.

one can only hope

Bert2368
11-10-2014, 10:39 PM

My mom always said the only reward for an honest life was sleeping well, with a clear conscience.

No disrespect to mom, but I would add to that: Not having people on the internet saying things like this about one!

larryw
11-12-2014, 01:17 PM
My mom always said the only reward for an honest life was sleeping well, with a clear conscience.

No disrespect to mom, but I would add to that: Not having people on the internet saying things like this about one!

IMHO, you & Mom are both right!!! I would add, NOT having people "Anywhere" saying things like this about me!!!!

jednorris
01-26-2015, 03:56 PM
It is a good idea for us to have this kind of feedback on buyers and sellers, it weeds out the rif-raf.

ascast
01-30-2015, 09:40 PM
HI all,
A number of years ago, I saw bullets on GunBroker cheaper than I could buy lead, all cast, lubed ready to go.
I bought a bunch, about $200 worth. Never got them. Neither did a bunch of other guys, like about 15.
one of them knew the drill and persued it. The cops got his computor and found child porn and proof of the mail fraud.
The guy is serving out his time in Virginia somewhere.
I never got my money back, nor did gunbroker give a rip.
just my 2 cents

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-26-2017, 11:41 AM

HI all,
A number of years ago, I saw bullets on GunBroker cheaper than I could buy lead, all cast, lubed ready to go.
I bought a bunch, about $200 worth. Never got them. Neither did a bunch of other guys, like about 15.
one of them knew the drill and persued it. The cops got his computor and found child porn and proof of the mail fraud.
The guy is serving out his time in Virginia somewhere.
I never got my money back, nor did gunbroker give a rip.
just my 2 cents

Well he's not in Jail anymore.

Beware: He is on Facebook as "Terry Grindle" and has done some selling on the FB group "Bullet Casting Trader" starting in March 2016 and made a post today.

other public info on his FB page:
Lives in McComb, Mississippi
Gunsmithing at Gundoctor
FFL gunsmith and will do 4473 transfers 25.00 includes background checks