PDA

View Full Version : Has it started again?

Bwana
12-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Was at Wal-Mart earlier today and looked at the ammo case. There was no 9mm other than a few boxes of Tula. Two boxes 40 Win WB 100 ct $ 37.00. Two boxes of 45 Win WB. Not a lot in the other calibers. This is least I have seen in six months. I don't know if it's Christmas or the guns bought on Black Friday or the start of another run on ammo, ect. What have you seen and what do you think?

Ole
12-14-2011, 02:17 PM
I bought 2 boxes of clay pigeons at Wally World last Monday and I didn't notice them being short on any ammo.

1Shirt
12-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Might be a restock of inventory problem after all the gun sales on Black Friday!
1Shirt!:coffee:

Crawdaddy
12-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Sportsmans warehouse in ABQ is stocked to the gills.

mpmarty
12-14-2011, 03:24 PM
both Bi-Marts in my area are overflowing in ammo. They're even having sales on the stuff.

nanuk
12-14-2011, 08:54 PM
you guys are so lucky regarding ammo

bobthenailer
12-15-2011, 08:34 AM
My local wall mart shelves are fully stocked with ammo for rifles , shotguns & handguns they even have quite a few 100 & some 250 round packs of popular handgun ammo.

Reload3006
12-15-2011, 08:40 AM
If your local Wal-Mart doesn't sell any item as fast as the store manager thinks it should be sold he / they put it on a truck and it gets taken to a different wal-mart that is why just because one wal-mart doesn't have a certain item doesn't mean the one across town will not have it. and when you ask the normal response is we have never had that ... or I don't think we have that.

DLCTEX
12-15-2011, 08:49 AM

No, it's not luck. We've fought hard to keep it. And the fight goes on.

ku4hx
12-15-2011, 09:47 AM
I fail to see the problem. Being as I scrounge for lead and brass, and have done so for 40+ years, there is no such thing as "ammo shortage".

A while back it was a little hard to get primers, but planning ahead fixed that. How is it that boolit casters have an ammo shortage? I'd think the hand loader/reloader in us would preclude shortages.

Jim
12-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Forgive me if I'm missing the point of the discussion. The way I see it, if I can't find ammo for a firearm I don't/can't load for, that generates a shortage problem for me. I don't load shotshells and I can't load rimfire.

Catshooter
12-15-2011, 06:38 PM
I don't think there is a shortage on. Not yet. How things go in the next year might well change that and it could change hard & fast. Might bear that in mind.

Cat

Oreo
12-16-2011, 04:33 AM
I would say the time to stock-up is now. Depending on how things go in November we could be looking at a 2008 repeat or worse. Stuff is cheap & in good supply now relative to 2008. That may not be the case in 6-12 months. If you're gonna hoard, hoard now.

Charlie, AKA The Deacon
12-16-2011, 02:50 PM
If you're gonna hoard, hoard now. I will second that motion!!

JohnFM
12-16-2011, 05:11 PM
It's always a time to buy as much as you can, whenever you can.
Be it ammo or components.
We have quite a few gun shops near me and dozens of places that just sell ammo, but every time I go to town I see a price increase!

Catshooter
12-16-2011, 05:17 PM
I could see His O ness writting an executive order imposing a 5000% tax on gun realating goodies. For the children's health care, you know. After he gets re-elected and has nothing to loose of course.

Plan ahead or cry later boys. It's the way of the world.

Cat

GRUMPA
12-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Around here ammo is kinda only in a few places and you really have to do some driving to get it. Within a 100mi radius there is but 4 places to go. But if you can afford it they have it, not all the colors of the rainbow mind you, some things a person would have to order.

The local Wally World has some stuff, and it's not always stocked, but all but the shotshell stuff is behind locked sliding glass. I go there maybe once every 6mo to a year but they seem to have most of the common stuff.

tommygirlMT
12-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Just wait until the Commy gets put back into office for another 4+ years due to a combination of voter fraud (dead & illegals voting + box stuffing) and the fact that the Repubi-nuckle-heads can only find rino retreads to run against him and dont have the courage to put up a real man for their ticket ---

Then you will see a real run on stuff that will top even the last one

milprileb
12-17-2011, 07:20 AM
and how many times since 1990 have primers dried up?
and with over 52% of population not paying taxes and Obama supporters all of them... what are chances of bad times ahead with more Obama in White House?

buy primers now, lay in powder and count your blessing when times are hard and you can shoot cast bullets .

MikeS
12-17-2011, 08:02 AM
And the biggest problem the Republicans have is folks that won't vote if 'their' candidate isn't the one running for office. Face it, ever Republican that doesn't vote is one more vote for Obama! I don't care if Gear's rat is the candidate, it's got my vote!

milprileb
12-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Vote Now ! Buy primers and powder... that's a vote for You !

10x
12-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Guns and ammunition - the only stuff at Walmart that is NOT made in China.

Bwana
03-05-2012, 04:08 PM
I told you so.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Texas-Gun-Sales-Boom-141366763.html

10x
03-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Guns and ammunition - the only stuff at Walmart that is NOT made in China.

If Mr. Clinton had not banned the import of Chinese made firearms in a trade deal there would be a fine selection of Norinco firearms at Walmart

I own and shoot a number of Norincos. Some are very accurate, and for the price, some are as good a quality as unobtainium U.S. made firearms.

Char-Gar
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
+1 for MikeS

uscra112
03-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Even Rush mentioned to day that Cheaper Than Dirt is being inundated. Comments like "Romney or Obama, either way we're *&%*'d" seem to be the order of the day. Other comments center around the possibility that by election time the food riots will have started, which given the current influence of inflation on food and fuel prices is not too far-fetched.

Crawdaddy
03-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Obama's reelection is not inevitable. VOTE!

I am still not taking any chances. Stocking up on all. All of the local stores are well supplied at this point.

The last I saw is that the number of people not paying taxes is 47%. The ironic part is most of them think they do because SS and state income are deducted. For that matter so is Federal income tax. They just get the full amount or more back in their return.

Crawdaddy
03-05-2012, 06:46 PM
I told you so.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Texas-Gun-Sales-Boom-141366763.html

Leftist propaganda by the alphabet news organizations as far as I am concerned. If it is on CBS, ABC, NBC, PMS(MS)NBC it is slanted to the left.

Texantothecore
03-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Even Rush mentioned to day that Cheaper Than Dirt is being inundated. Comments like "Romney or Obama, either way we're *&%*'d" seem to be the order of the day. Other comments center around the possibility that by election time the food riots will have started, which given the current influence of inflation on food and fuel prices is not too far-fetched.

I saw an article today that said that there are some ammo shortages in Texas due to the large number of guns that are being sold. Not sure how it is affecting Houston as I haven't bought factory ammo since 2006. And I won't in the future either.

DLCTEX
03-05-2012, 07:48 PM
And the biggest problem the Republicans have is folks that won't vote if 'their' candidate isn't the one running for office. Face it, ever Republican that doesn't vote is one more vote for Obama! I don't care if Gear's rat is the candidate, it's got my vote!

If I have my facts straight Gear's rat is deceased. That only stops Republicans from running for office or voting.:razz:

Reload3006
03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I will vote for a yellow dog before I vote for Obummer again but I dont think we have much of a choice Romney is just as bad as Obummer maybe even worse.

Texantothecore
03-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I am not fond of Romney, but he will be a big improvement over obama. He isn't going to be shipping guns to the cartels or the American gangbangers and he won't be trying to get around the 2nd Amendment. Big difference. I will vote a straight Republican ticket as we need to clean out DC.

white eagle
03-05-2012, 08:31 PM
why is these posts always have someone political agenda involved

runfiverun
03-05-2012, 08:58 PM
it's unavoidable.
i don't recall many republicans [except the ones in the nra and possibly mrs. brady] ever sponsoring an anti-gun bill.
i have been reading through some old gun mags fron the middle 50's they were fighting the same stuff.
nyc citizens needed a permit to own a gun.
the gca of 68 hadn't even come along yet.
but they were fighting other anti gun bills being introduced into congress.
things only seemed like the good old day's cause you were not aware of what was going on like we are today.

Reload3006
03-05-2012, 09:07 PM
IMO the paranoia gun and ammo buying stems back to Clinton era and the magazine ban and the restrictions placed by executive order that just before Obummer got elected was allowed to expire by Bush 43. I dont believe its so unreasonable to think that with out having to be reelected Obummer would sign a whole host of executive orders curtailing our second amendment rights Just ask any of our Illinois brothers what they think of the Chicago machines gun stances of which Obummer is one.

mpmarty
03-05-2012, 09:58 PM
And if we all quit buying factory ammo the stores will keep stocking it because????

Jbuck
03-05-2012, 10:01 PM
A bill just passed the IL. Senate rules committe that would impose a new tax on all ammo sales as well as require a $65.00 per year registration for handguns. My understanding at this point is that would be $65 per handgun. The tax is preported to be used for ER treatment for gunshot wounds while the handgun resistration is to allow for the tracking of guns sold individual to individual. I think the guys who have a different view on gun ownership than I, have figured out outlawing guns would not be very popular and hard to accomplish but making them too expensive to own would meet with less resistance.

finishman2000
03-05-2012, 10:03 PM
i bought 10k of 22lr last week (sale at cabela's) and 2k of 5.45x39 this week.

jwp475
03-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Was at Wal-Mart earlier today and looked at the ammo case. There was no 9mm other than a few boxes of Tula. Two boxes 40 Win WB 100 ct $ 37.00. Two boxes of 45 Win WB. Not a lot in the other calibers. This is least I have seen in six months. I don't know if it's Christmas or the guns bought on Black Friday or the start of another run on ammo, ect. What have you seen and what do you think?

I've noticed the same thing not much choice at Wall World

EDK
03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Our local WAL MART (Festus MO) has 420 count ammo cans of 223 FEDERAL at $160 and a pretty good supply of other calibers. The counter guy owns a 300 Black Out AR and is fairly knowledgeable....said the 9mm goes quickly and he has the popular stuff ordered pretty heavy. They even have several AR15 clones in the gun rack!

CABELAS at St Louis Mills has lots of ammo...Sale priced 223 FEDERAL for $69.99 for 200. They have a good supply....sometimes not so good prices....of ammo and other items.

I don't think things will get as bad as in 2008, but why take chances? I've got some powder and primers, but need more plus some 30 caliber gas checks. 22 Long Rifle and some shotgun shells will finish the ammo list. Maybe spare sets of reloading dies/parts and magazines for the semi autos would be a good idea also.

Mr. Obama has been fairly quiet about firearms, but his friends in Illinois are showing what I think may be his agenda...or what he would like to do. Executive Orders are a sly way of lawmaking and particular favorites of his.

:redneck::cbpour:

BAGTIC
03-06-2012, 01:12 AM

As ye vote so shall ye reap.