PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Amendment activism

woody1
02-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I know, no Sex, Religion or Politics but it's snowing and I’m sitting here contemplating the Zumbo bloodletting of last week. Seems that we should keep the momentum regarding the 2nd Amendment activism going if possible. We’ve certainly proved that there’s some clout that can be brought to bear if the circumstances are right. Especially if it’s point and click simple as with emailing for instance Remington, Outdoor Life, et al and threatening boycott.

I’m wondering if there’s interest here in having a 2nd Amendment Activism Department ........ here at Cast Boolits? I’m not looking for anything divisive and nor which would get involved in flaming any point of view, but only to support our 2nd Amendment rights. Not looking to throw anyone under the train to protect mine either. I know there’s other places that deal with the same thing, but I like it here. Although I don’t post much I’ve lurked and jerked around this crowd since Shooters and I feel comfortable here. We’ve got folks here with lots of talent and knowledge and mayhaps we can be a force to be reckoned with. Any thoughts?

Economic threat to businesses is one thing. Threatening Mr/Ms Congressional Representative from You Name Any State But Mine, with not voting for them and “Who cares?” Campaign funding? Who’s payin’? Get to them? Right now the Hollywood crowd is pledging millions to candidates who are not only NOT going to support our gun rights but who are or will try to take away our 2nd Amendment rights. Y’all go to movies? Know anyone who does? You’re paying the freight to take away your rights. Belong to a union? Same thing I betcha. Unions spend millions supporting agenda’s most of us don’t. Y’all ever buy at WalMart? Who do they support? I don’t know either. They sell guns and gun stuff but do they actively support our gun rights? Beats me.

We need to find out who is paying the freight to elect the folks we don’t want elected. Then and only then can we bring our spending power about. We also need to get all the apathetic FUDDS like myself involved by making it point and click simple to send FAX’s e-mails, and letters. I don’t know how to do this, but someone sure does. Bet those someone’s reside here from time-to-time too.

In the last couple of days I have spent considerable time searching for simple and effective ways to communicate my wishes ..... examples of letters I could plagiarize and/or modify and send. I have searched for ways to simply and easily communicate with my Senators and Reps. There’s some stuff out there, but finding it has not been easy (for me). So after all this rambling, back to my original thought. Any interest in having such here at Cast Boolits or should I just go sit quietly back in the corner? Regards, Woody

sundog
02-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Woody, good idear! There's already a few places helping what to do what you suggest.

http://www.gunowners.org/

http://www.nra-ila.org/default.aspx

Some folks have a problem with one or the other or some other groups. Doesn't mean you can't use them.

If we had our own 'department' here though we could keep everyone headsup on things going down and then use the other spots for downing all the work.

Bigjohn
02-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Down here in Aus., we are supposedly blessed with the same sort of politician who knows all about how to get their noses into the communal feeding trough.

A state based pollie who for the sake of this post shall remain nameless openly stated to the stat based shooting body that while he did not support the changes to the Firearms Act which took away our .40 and .45 cal. handguns said the he would be voting along party lines. I other words, he did not wish to commit political suicide.

That is the way it is here in Australia, it is extremely difficult to find a politician with some gumption, willing to stand up against the party and say something is wrong. To do so could see them loose some of the perks we have to pay them.

But don't worry, we are still trying and looking for the solution.

Maybe a revolution, huh!!!![smilie=1:

John.