PDA

View Full Version : Thanks RCBS!

deerhunter1
02-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi I just bought allot of my casting stuff day after Christmas used from a guy that was having some medical problems. My furnace is a RCBS Pro melt. Well the other day I was going to cast some boolits and pluged in the furnace and it started up normally. Well about 10 minutes later I checked on it and it had started to melt the lead. After a few minutes later it had completely melted the lead so I poped in the thermometer and it was almost up to casting temp. Afew minutes after that it was at 825deg?:( So I turned down the thermostat and it went off wheww. Well after watching it for a while it droped to 690 so I turned up the thermostat back up and it came on again. Well after going through the same steps a few times I decided the thermostat died.:???: I give RCBS a call the next morning and they sent me a new thermostat for free! Now my pot was made in 90 so that's great customer service! I know that RCBS is usually more expensive than other epuip but with that kind of service all I buy from now on will be RCBS!:castmine:

Dale53
02-24-2007, 08:13 PM
I have two RCBS' pots and that information is sure good to know. You do know that the thermostat is adjustable? Use a good thermometer after you install the thermostat before you zip up the green cover to check the temperature when you are melting lead. I have mine adjusted to pretty much follow the numbers (7 is 700 degrees, 8 is 800 degrees, etc).

Dale53