PDA

View Full Version : vibrator motor

castalott
02-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Where to buy new vibrator motors for case vibrators?110 volt.... Anyone know? Thanks, Dale

trk
02-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Where to buy new vibrator motors for case vibrators?110 volt.... Anyone know? Thanks, Dale

Start from known point. Are you building or repairing?

If you're reparing, dig out the name-plate information - brand, model # etc. and we will FIND a source. (That's the easy way.) It may be that the motors are not commonly available because they're made by the manufacturer or the manufacutrer is the sole user of that particular motor. In that case one needs to go back to the maker of the tumbler.

R.M.
02-24-2007, 11:01 AM
I've heard that Granger has a good variety of motors, plus they are on-line, in case you don't have one close by.

R.M.

gregg
02-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I've heard that Granger has a good variety of motors, plus they are on-line, in case you don't have one close by.

R.M.

My vote too.
Look like the old record player motor??

mag_01
02-24-2007, 02:49 PM
If you want to pull that motor and send it to me I will try to fix it for you no charge just pay postage---ship as inexpensive as possible.------- Mag

castalott
02-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Actually I'm building my next casting machine and I want to try a vibrator ( adjustable to adapt to the pour) to help with bullet fill-out. I also want one to help with the bullets falling out of the mold. I would like a very small air vibrator that I could 'wire ' in to have two different ( and adjustable) power settings.

Do you guys think a vibrator will help with bullet fill out? I'm talking a gentle shake to help force the air out of the mold and get good band fill out. I want a stronger force when the blocks are open to 'shake ' the bullets out. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Dale

Swagerman
02-25-2007, 09:30 AM
I've got one of those hand strap on ones, the motor is probably OK, but the two contact brushes are not set in there right...won't run.

I've tried and tried to set them in there right...but its hopeless for me.

You can have it if you want it...pay postage and its on the way...still in original box.

Jim

Ed Barrett
02-25-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm surprised Carpetman hasn't offered a battery powered one yet.

Scrounger
02-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm surprised Carpetman hasn't offered a battery powered one yet.

Nah, he just uses one of his cats...

44man
02-25-2007, 12:41 PM
The question I have is what happens to the lead in the mold? Have you ever soldered a wire and moved it before the solder hardened? It crystallizes. Would a boolit do the same if it was vibrated? Seems as if you are going to get frothy boolits.

carpetman
02-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Heard somewhere you can get climatic results using a vibrator.

carpetman
02-25-2007, 02:46 PM
I have a Braun electric toothbrush. That thing seems to run forever on a charge. Instructions said after a few months use, to discharge it completly for best results. That took awhile. On trips it holds charge for several days. I don't know if that would be enough vibration,but would seem it would work as a mini sander for small areas.

Scrounger
02-25-2007, 02:50 PM
I have a Braun electric toothbrush. That thing seems to run forever on a charge. Instructions said after a few months use, to discharge it completly for best results. That took awhile. On trips it holds charge for several days. I don't know if that would be enough vibration,but would seem it would work as a mini sander for small areas.

How does your ewe like it?

mazo kid
02-25-2007, 02:58 PM
My vote goes to WW Grainger also. When I was working they were a great source for odd motors. One other thought, find an old bathroom/kitchen exhaust fan and salvage the motor out of that. Emery

wills
02-25-2007, 02:59 PM
I have a Braun electric toothbrush.

Your dentist can whiten those Braun teeth.

44man
02-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Here we go again! I have tears from laughing. I just don't know what I would do without all of you.
WONDERFUL.

Swagerman
02-25-2007, 06:33 PM
What does your dentist say about the bling in your teeth. :D

Swag

Ricochet
02-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Carpetman, cats' little sandpaper tongues can be quite stimulating.

Scrounger
02-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Carpetman, cats' little sandpaper tongues can be quite stimulating.

Ray said that ewes have bigger tongues...