PDA

View Full Version : Funny experience

44man
12-09-2011, 01:08 PM
I signed up to Graybeard site and only posted a few things. Very lightly, no bad stuff at all. A few pictures showing slump. etc. But I was very careful to not roil anyone. I held the line very, very careful and did not even use "boolit." I even praised Graybeard for knowledge.
I was banned forever today.
Do any of you fellas here that are there see anything wrong?

Love Life
12-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Which thread did you post it on?

starmac
12-09-2011, 01:22 PM
I have never signed up there, but have read through the traditional muzzloader forum, ANY little mention of a sabot or an inline will have a mod on the next post telling you, one more time. You are frowned on from many of the members if you mention percussion caps.

leadman
12-09-2011, 01:34 PM
What screen name did you sign up there with??

Crawdaddy
12-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Doesnt sound like I would be welcome. I'll stay here where the people are great.

Jim
12-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Never even looked at another forum. Never needed to.

para45lda
12-09-2011, 02:49 PM
+1 on all the above

NSP64
12-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Greybeard who???????
Lol
We love ya here 44man!

Wayne Smith
12-09-2011, 02:59 PM
It must have been eight or so years ago that I was banned. I stopped visiting for a while and when I visited again I could not sign in nor was my e-mail accepted. So far as I know I did nothing other than stay away for a while.

stubshaft
12-09-2011, 03:00 PM
I go there periodically but have had no problems. Sorry 44man that you were banned I haven't done too much there lately and it sounds like things there have changed.

waksupi
12-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Can't see the problem. I believe I have been banned there four times over the years.

Trey45
12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
There's other forums?

10x
12-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I have never signed up there, but have read through the traditional muzzloader forum, ANY little mention of a sabot or an inline will have a mod on the next post telling you, one more time. You are frowned on from many of the members if you mention percussion caps.

Percussion caps, like metallic cartridges, smokeless powder, and breech loaders are a passing fad....

starmac
12-09-2011, 06:30 PM
I too am a passing fad, one that didn't really catch on it seems. lol

firefly1957
12-09-2011, 07:39 PM
I do not know about the passing fad I have percussion caps on my Kodiak right now, now to get a deer in range!

44man
12-09-2011, 08:06 PM
I see where true friends are and it is here. Thank you, my friends.

MT Gianni
12-09-2011, 08:13 PM
I remember Jumptraps experience with the man. It is lost but was on the Shooters board. TO say he thought little of him after meeting the man would be an understatement. There are some good ideas there in specialty sub-forums, like the Handi-Rifle. If you like it there fine, if you don't voice the party line, it won't take long to get banned.

Bad Water Bill
12-09-2011, 08:31 PM
I joined there YEARS ago. Picked up so many viruses my son had to work on the puter for days. Never have returned.

Pulled up an easy chair here and never looked back.

lunicy
12-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Can't see the problem. I believe I have been banned there four times over the years.

Yea, Ive been banned a few times too. I don't know why.

leadman
12-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I was going there for the H&R forum and to see what Veral is up to. I did list some items for sale there once, but did not get any activity.

I like this place as it is very friendly and alot of info floating around.

cbrick
12-09-2011, 10:38 PM
No link to the thread, I looked around several forums and didn't find 44man's foul play.

Yes 44man, I did start in the Freedom Arms forum, figured you could get in trouble in a heart beat there but didn't find anything.

So where is this thread?

Rick

Jim Flinchbaugh
12-10-2011, 12:17 AM
I signed up there the other day after buying a new Handi rifle:bigsmyl2:
I ask a few questions and promptly got told to go read the faq.
Thanks for the welcome [smilie=b:, screw them guys

Fishman
12-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Quickdtoo who moderates the handi forum seems to be very helpful and a standup guy. I don't know about the rest of the site, but I think the handi forum is well run and informative. But of course cast boolits is the best :)

wallenba
12-10-2011, 12:32 AM
I feel left out. I think I'll go sign up and get banned too.

Love Life
12-10-2011, 03:00 AM
I signed up last year around the same time I signed up here. Nothing like basking in the glory of Veral Smith. Real down to earth guy. The rest of the forum there can pound sand. I reckon I can still go sign in, but I haven't signed in there since I found out how great this site is.

Czech_too
12-10-2011, 06:36 AM
I signed up on GB some time ago, long before I got into casting and found this forum. I have noticed of late that there seems to be a bit of a heavy hand by SOME of the mods.

There's much more of a relaxed 'atmosphere' here. I like it.

nicholst55
12-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Some there are definitely a bit touchy, including GB. His forum, his rules, I guess.

Three-Fifty-Seven
12-10-2011, 09:55 AM

429421Cowboy
12-10-2011, 02:19 PM
I had hit on a link that popped up on a Google search, had heard the name mentioned here before but nothing more, halfway into the thread on of the members said something like "...used to visit Cast Boolits often, now have found better ways to waste my time..." then they all jumped on bashing us here like we were hellfire sinners for no real reason i could see so i said heck with them and the goat they rode in on! You guys here at Cast Boolits are all in all i think the most combined knowledge, between stickys and actual member experience and testing anywhere! Glad to have you back from the Dark Side 44man, take one look at the general section and notice the resonses to prayer requests, family announcements, calls for help from new loaders and such if you need your faith restored in our community!!

10x
12-10-2011, 03:04 PM
snip
so i said heck with them and the goat they rode in on!

snip

Having lurked in the forum - I suspect that goat is not for riding....

starmac
12-10-2011, 04:21 PM

X2, you get an extra 10 points. lol

gew98
12-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Geez ; I have been banned here a couple times for "language" and or "perceived insult" more than a handfull of times. Sorry I don't play so nicely in the sandbox and or find organized religion so uber awesome.
On a similar note I have been hammered at "collector" sites were the owners and certain advertisers were attached at the hip and purveyed all manner of fake nazi junk to include "raygun" test analysis verification certificates for a nominal fee to perpetuate their fraud !. Which by the way has been debunked and since folded up quietly.

gew98
12-10-2011, 09:07 PM

Hey , even through the Masonic ritual uses a goat in it's initiaton you still don't get to ride it. Hey I know I went down that silly road.

BOOM BOOM
12-11-2011, 12:07 AM
HI,
44man sorry to hear you got banned there, I used to read a lot of your older posts on that form. I never did sign up or post there.
While I was up in Blackfoot, Idaho teaching math.
Many a day graybeard and Jeff Cooper's Gunsite Gossup on the Firingline were the only forums I could get access to on the computer I had access to.. Enjoyed them, and learned a bit.
Could not get on Castboolits, except through the public library computer. for 2 hr. a week.:Fire::Fire:

tomme boy
12-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Theybanned me because OL man Greybeard thinks all guns that are sold have to be between FFL an FFL. I sent him all the links to the BATF web site that says otherwise. At the time I had a dealers liscense and I had to know what I was talking about. I sent all of this in a PM so not to air it on the web site. Later that night I could not log on. None of them like to be questioned. And if I am not mistaken, he was involved with something on his site as to illegal gun sales. I know they shut down the sale of guns for a long time becuase of this. It was a few years back.

Only took a day to create a new account.

waksupi
12-11-2011, 02:25 AM
Hey , even through the Masonic ritual uses a goat in it's initiaton you still don't get to ride it. Hey I know I went down that silly road.

As a Master Mason, I can tell you it is not a goat. It is a badger in a box!

steg
12-11-2011, 04:25 AM
Greybeards was the first forum I found, I didn't even know they(casting sites) exiisted, found this site later on and I've been living here since, I never did like GB's my way or the highway attitude. I do think that Quicktoo is a stand up guy...................

44man
12-11-2011, 09:14 AM
What screen name did you sign up there with??
I used bfrshooter but I suppose my posts have been deleted. I was on the handgun forum.
Another member here also got booted.
I was at the LBT sponsered forum too.

DCM
12-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Graybeard seems obsessed with the "my way or the highway" thing I wonder what his marital status is?

Too many good things in life to put up with that and more than one way to do it right or your own version of what is the right way to do something today.

kshock
12-11-2011, 10:15 AM
I used to visit that forum. Then I read one of the moderators reply to someone who asked about converting a Smith revolver to double action only. The moderator claimed he was a police armorer since dirt was invented and a Smith revolver could not be converted that way and no police armorer would ever try, he should know...after all he was one:-o. Then I started noticing Greybeard and some of the moderators spend alot of time bashing certain institutions and presidents, decided I could find that BS on the national news networks so I decided to spend my time where better advise could be found and without the BS commentary.

waksupi
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Greybeards is a perfect example of a gun forum, ran by a democrat.