PDA

View Full Version : Q about sequence

rak1
12-09-2011, 12:22 PM
I am going to pan lub my boolits. What is the sequence of attaching the GC. lubing, and sizing? Do you attach the GC then lub and then size or lub then attach the GC and then size.
Also I want to say that I am impressed with Midway USA. Ordered stuff yesterday and am getting it today. Excellent service.
Dick

ku4hx
12-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Try one both ways and see what works for you. I haven't pan lubed in a long time but trying to get that little cup on an already lubed bullet would seem to be a mite messy in my book.

Bomberman
12-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I usually size mine and apply gas checks and then pan lube. Keep in mind that most sizers will require some sort of lube to make sizing easier. A little bit of Johnson's Paste Wax is what I use but anything that gets your boolit through the sizer will work.

Find what works for you and go for it. Really no wrong way to do it.

Good luck.

dragonrider
12-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Attach and crimp gas check first then lube.

mdi
12-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Since I use a Lee sizing die I attach gas check/size then lube. Just about anything that will make the bullets slick will work for sizing lube (Pam, liquid soap, spray lube, peanut butter)...

rak1
12-09-2011, 06:18 PM
I like the peanut butter.

ku4hx
12-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Re: " I like the peanut butter."

And the empty jars make excellent storage for boolits; so do Coffee Mate jugs for that matter.

MtGun44
12-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Never pan lubed a GC boolit, lots of PB types. Keep in mind that you probably need to size
the boolit to lock the GC in place, so you can lube, then put on GC and size, or put on GC and
size, then lube.

Bill

runfiverun
12-09-2011, 09:58 PM
i didn't like the thought of lube under my g/c's, but wanted them on and the lube grooves filled before i sized.
so i used a larger sizer to lightly crimp them in place then lubed then sized.
now i just run them through the star it seats them then lubes and does the final crimp as it passes through the sizer.

MBTcustom
12-09-2011, 10:30 PM
I like peanut butter, makes 'em taste better when I am testing hardness.

Actually, I use Fiebings mink oil. I use it for a brass sizing lube and it works good for boolits also.

Mk42gunner
12-09-2011, 11:47 PM
I have never pan lubed any boolits, but BEn has a couple of stickies about it in one of the sections farther down the page.

Or I think the articles are on the castpics site.

Robert