PDA

View Full Version : Good Friends are better then Gold

tracker
06-19-2005, 09:35 PM
I am not sure if this has happened to any of you guys. My best friend of 20 years called my wife up today and said that he and his wife were coming over for Fathers day and wanted to visit. Wife says, Sure , come on over and I'll put on a pot of coffee. About an hour went by and my buddy Steve and his wife comes to the door. In his hands was a leather gun case. I was thinking he brought over a new rife to show me. They came in and sat down and then he pulled out a Winchester 94 Buffalo Bill commemorative in 30-30 and said, Here you go. Happy fathers day. This rifle has only had one box of shells run through it. I am a grown man of 48 and started crying with joy. :cry: It wasn’t the rifle but the friendship.

God Bless good friends. They are Better then Gold.

Tracker

PS. Just as soon as I figure out how to post the picture I’ll put it on a post.

9.3X62AL
06-20-2005, 02:54 PM
A real heart-warmer, that story! Thank you!

I have a good friend of similar description who posts here, but since I have to shoot against him tomorrow--he will remain nameless.

Herb in Pa
06-20-2005, 08:24 PM
An old friend of mine stopped by one day two years ago and began talking about old rifles he had access to. We talked about a Lebel and then the conversation turned to Krags and Model 1917's. He asked me offhandedly of the Krag or the 1917 which would you really like to have. I joked that one of each would be nice. The conversation turned to other topics - we had been good friends in high school and in each other's weddings etc.

Two weeks later he shows up with a nice 1917 Eddystone and a very nice 92/96 Krag and says enjoy!

Hard to do much better than that - the Krag's a 4 digit serial #!