PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

dragonrider
12-06-2011, 10:56 PM
So I just got this last week, and am ecstatically happy about it. This thing is awesome. You would not believe how quiet the 3 cylinder diesel is. Appears to have plenty of power for my purposes, those being digging and snow removal. Of course I haven't tried the snowblower yet, it's 51" wide and about 20" high. Will take a video when attacking snow, the first think I did with it was did out a large stump behind the barn, made some more room. And here it is.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/PaulGauthier/Kubota%20BX%2025/IMG_8070.jpg

starmac
12-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Every cabless snowblower I have ever been around had me riding siyying in a clowd of snow, as the wind always picked up about the time i cranked it up. lol

P.K.
12-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Very Nice! The 400 series is a honey. Stay on the fuel filters and change the oil it'lle run forever. As for blowin' snow, the heavy stuff may give you issues if you get over 12 inches or so at a time. If you have a blade handy you could always knock it down first. ;-)

gandydancer
12-06-2011, 11:45 PM
super nice.. I need a cab. need to keep my fat **** warm. cold feet i'm gone. laying down with the dogs next to the blower in the bedroom. TV on.

Matt3357
12-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Very nice. Looks just like the one my dad got a couple of years back. No snow blower or three point back hoe, but boy that loader sure comes in handy. We use that thing all the time.

dragonrider
12-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Starmac, exactly right, 1rst rule of snowblowing
"In whatever direction you blow the snow, the wind will blow it back in your face."
It never fails and I am sure I will regret no getting a cab, maybe next year.

SharpsShooter
12-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Green with envy here. Been looking at those, but can't justify the $$$. In the Winter, there is a small fortune to be made around here with a snowblower.

SS

timkelley
12-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Sweet! Looked at those the first year we came to Idaho but they were a bit too ($$$$) steep. Finally ended up with an old Ford model NAA, 57 years old when I got it and much better for me.:smile: