PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed, I be shmarter then you

44man
02-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Yep, I did it today. I was fooling around with my shotgun press, a MEC, measuring the weight of the shot charge. I had the cap plugs out of the bottles so I could pour the shot and powder back in as I went. I needed to pull the bar and like a dummy, I tilted the bottles back just to see a huge pile of shot and powder dump out.
Guess where it all went? You got it, right on top of my keyboard! Oh well, it was filthy anyway. Had to take it all apart and wash the whole works. I saved most of the powder by screening out the shot.
My keyboard is pretty now until I dump something else on it.

joseywales76
02-22-2007, 03:02 PM
lolllllll,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,aleast your more efficient then a NASA scientist, who would have thrown it all out and started over, :)

lurch
02-23-2007, 02:24 AM
I've dumped more shot charges than I care to admit into a phantom hull. It's now a scientifically proven fact that a shot charge dumped without a hull to catch it will hit all four walls simultaneously.....

Dale53
02-23-2007, 02:36 AM
Many years ago a couple of friends (SERIOUS trapshooters) were reloading in the basement after imbibing a bit too much of the grape and spilled an entire new bag of shot on the floor. Yep, 25#. I can still picture them trying to pick the stuff up when they could hardly stand...

Before anyone points it out, I AM aware of the dangers of reloading when being "less than perfect"[smilie=1:. I may have had a beer or a high ball when reloading a time or two but I assure you, I have NEVER done this when "under the weather". Maybe my remembrance of THEIR problem had something to do with that (the friends were old men, maybe as much as 40 years old and I was but a lad:mrgreen:).

Dale53

44man
02-23-2007, 09:34 AM
I do the powder thing all the time when using the drop tube to load for BPCR. Once in a while I forget to put a case under the tube. Since I am watching the pan at the funnel, I miss the missing case. Funny how far 71 gr's of BP can go too.
Shot is still the worst and seems to bounce and roll forever. Thank god for shop vacs.

wills
02-23-2007, 11:12 AM
They make a craft tray for beaders that has a built in funnel to pour beads back into the container. I got one of these to put under my brass to capture the spills.

Goatlips
02-23-2007, 12:09 PM
I heard somewhere that you should mount your shotshell machine on a cookie sheet to catch those spills. Of course, this was after I bolted my Texan M4 to the bench. Had I followed that advice, I wouldn't be sweeping shot into the corner every month or so. One of these days I'll get around to it..... [smilie=1:

Goatlips

DLCTEX
02-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Isn't it amazing how much younger 40 has become in the last 20 years or so? I remember when my grandfather turned 49, he was ancient, now thats just a spring chicken. Dale:roll: