PDA

View Full Version : Last night

nighthunter
02-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Last night a man high on drugs and alchohol tried to break into local homes less than 500 yards from my home. It took 3 Pa. State Policemen and a local policeman to subdue this person. I saw the police cars go past my house at around 8 o'clock but thought it might have been an auto accident . I didn't pay all that much attention to it. I live in a pretty much rural area but we have learned to keep the doors locked. I feel really bad for my neighbors down the road as this individual did an awful lot of property damage not to mention the duress he must have caused. The local response from the state police is good. However I know that the police do not have an obligation to protect me and my family. I am really, really glad that this man did not pick my house to break into. All I can say is that it would not have taken so many people to subdue him. I know most of my neighbors and I know that most of them hunt and target shoot. It must have been a really lucky night for this thug.
Nighthunter

Scrounger
02-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Or he picked the house with knowledge (and malice) aforethought.

dk17hmr
02-21-2007, 04:20 PM
We also live a rural area, we know everyone on our road pretty good, there is 9 houses on our 2 miles of country road, at least 1 person in every house hunts or target shoots, most of them come and sight in there deer rifles at our personal range. 4 out of the 9 houses have someone that works at the max prison that is just outside of town. Anyone trying to break into any of these house is in for a big shock.