PDA

View Full Version : First Question

cgtreml
12-01-2011, 02:37 PM
OK I guess I'm still a newbie. What is a bump. In the swappin area I see messages that just say bump. What am I missing.

By the way. This is the best forum ever. I have been looking for a group that enjoys my hobbies for a long time. Sad that you have to be careful who you discuss your hobbies with. My wife can only show she cares so much. I love to shoot, cast, swage, reload and shoot some more. What is wrong with me?

6.5 mike
12-01-2011, 02:55 PM
A "bump" is to move the thread back to the top of the page.

In answer to your 2nd question-- nothing :Fire:

P.K.
12-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Another is "TTT" or to the.....you get the idea. ;-)

gray wolf
12-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Welcome,
What ever is it that you got I guess we all got the same thing.
We just love what we do.

mroliver77
12-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Welcome cg. You look normal to me! Then again I keep a handgun by the "throne".
J

DLCTEX
12-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Nothings wrong with you. What's wrong with them?

canyon-ghost
12-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Sad that you have to be careful who you discuss your hobbies with.

It is not a right to dislike my firearms, and I do take it personally! Welcome to the site, and if you get the chance, try chat.

As for what is wrong with you- I'm a range rat, lifetime member and caretaker. I have a full reloading room. There's nothing lacking in my IQ or culture.

Good Luck,
Ron

contender1
12-01-2011, 11:26 PM
While my post count is low, I'm not a newbie. Your first question has been answered. Your second, well, my wonderful better half has her own gun collection, and teaches WOT clinics. We do NOT worry about who we discuss our hobbies with. If they are not gun folks, they will let us know. But I do not apologize for being one. There has been a few articles in magazines about how the anti-freedom folks have been using the media, political correctness etc, to make is socially unacceptable to be a gun person. Fight it by being open about our hobby.

MtGun44
12-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Do you wodk somewhere that owning guns and shooting is frowned upon? If so, I hope
you can find a new job soon, but these days things are tight and having a job at all is
not something you want to endanger.

Bill

Boondocker
12-04-2011, 12:50 PM
OK I guess I'm still a newbie. What is a bump. In the swappin area I see messages that just say bump. What am I missing.

By the way. This is the best forum ever. I have been looking for a group that enjoys my hobbies for a long time. Sad that you have to be careful who you discuss your hobbies with. My wife can only show she cares so much. I love to shoot, cast, swage, reload and shoot some more. What is wrong with me?

You are one of the normal ones,it's the others that don't have a clue. Welcome to the forum from me even tho I do not post enough. Will will not be disappointed in the camaraderie and wisdom on this forum.[smilie=s:

MikeS
12-05-2011, 03:12 AM
Welcome cg. You look normal to me! Then again I keep a handgun by the "throne".
J

Me too! I keep a Smith model 60 in a cabinet right behind the 'throne'. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one! I put a model 60 there as I figured there'd be less chance of it rusting in the fairly humid environment there. My only other stainless pistol is a Ruger Old Army, and I didn't think that would be a good choice for putting in that room! :)

ErikO
12-05-2011, 05:49 PM
My only other stainless pistol is a Ruger Old Army, and I didn't think that would be a good choice for putting in that room! :)

With the proper vent you should be ok in a minute or two, barring follow-up shots. ;)

TNFrank
12-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Sometimes I'll use "BTT" Back to top.

wgr
12-05-2011, 07:38 PM
i think the big question about owning guns . is not if your paranoid but if your paranoid enuff