PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "Guy Soap Opera"?

TNFrank
12-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Ok, so we all love to watch "Sons of Anarchy", "Breaking Bad", "The Walking Dead", ect. and if we're truthful we all know these are just Soaps for Guys, so, what's your favorite one?

Reload3006
12-01-2011, 12:15 PM
haven't seen any of them LOL .... Days of our lives? lol or as the world turns always good for a few laughs and a whoopn from momma when your makn fun of her "stories"

TNFrank
12-01-2011, 12:20 PM
LOL, those are Girl Soap Operas, Guy Soap Operas are TOTALLY different.

SharpsShooter
12-01-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't even recognize the names of those shows you list. Am I missing something??

SS

TNFrank
12-01-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't even recognize the names of those shows you list. Am I missing something??

SS

You'd have to have Direct TV/Cable to get most of em' since they're on AMC, FX or TNT and YES, you're missing some really great shows.

waksupi
12-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't get any of those. I've been watching Burn Notice, but wonder if last nights episode may not have been the last.

Trey45
12-01-2011, 12:56 PM
The two out of your list that I watch are The Walking Dead, and Hell On Wheels. I'm most likely going to stop watching Hell On Wheels though.

azrednek
12-01-2011, 01:04 PM
The Sopranos re-runs are my favorite.

Ickisrulz
12-01-2011, 01:04 PM
The Walking Dead is my favorite.

firefly1957
12-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Do not watch any of them I did watch a few walking dead but did not care for it . I am currently watching Terra Nova but may quit I would call it a soap opera too!

TNFrank
12-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I can't wait to see what'll happen on the opening show of Breaking Bad when it comes back. Also, I can't wait to see what's going to happen on Sons of Anarchy with Clay, will Jax really kill him or not? Lord knows he deserves it for all the people he's killed and stuff he's done over this last season.
Man, these shows are addictive.:popcorn:

P.S.
Yep, Terra Nova would fit into the category too. Any series where it's an ongoing kind of deal would fit.

para45lda
12-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Not sure if it qualifies, but Supernatural is what I watch.

scrapcan
12-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I am with Waksupi, I like Burn Notice. I have been watching the latest episode on Hulu, older seasons we bought the dvd. Also like person of interest.

bruce drake
12-01-2011, 01:42 PM
What is strange is that I haven't watched any of the ones on the list either, but then again, I do spend a lot of my time in the evenings in the Garage listening to the radio or watching old movies with the DVD/VCR.

Now I did pick up during the last deployment, the last couple of seasons of Castle which is a good murder/mystery series that I've been watching/listening to while messing with my rifles or boolits.

Bruce

TNFrank
12-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I think between "Bones", "Castle" and "The Mentalist" I probably like "The Mentalist" the best. Just something about Patrick Jane that reminds me of me a little bit.[smilie=l:

richhodg66
12-01-2011, 01:59 PM
The Walking Dead is the first TV show in years and years that I have made an active effort to catch on a regular basis. Great show.

I guess it's not technically a Soap Opera because the episodes aren't dependent on one another (you don't have to watch them in sequence to know what's going on), but the original Star Trek from the '60s is the closest to a Soap Opera I ever really got into.

ErikO
12-01-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm down with Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, S0A, etc but recently I've been re-watching Arrested Development on Netflix Streaming.

bearcove
12-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I missed all of those, but I didn't try.

P.K.
12-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Walking Dead, DVR it every week. Can't wait for Falling Skies to come back around.

Freightman
12-01-2011, 06:45 PM
I like burn notice love the sub titles, never seen any of the listed.

Bret4207
12-01-2011, 08:02 PM
My oldest son and I are DVRing (well, HE is since I don't know how!) Hell on Wheels. Having grown up in a town Thomas Durant more or less built and being a history buff anyway and with it being a western, I like it. Only problem with the DVR is you realize how short those shows really are when you cut out the commercials!

"Lost" was my guy soap I guess, so was "Jericho". I also find that I really like "NCIS" and "House", but all I know of them is the older re-reuns I see.

I refuse to watch anything that glorifies criminals like the "Sopranos" or "Sons of Anarchy".

Ickisrulz
12-01-2011, 08:06 PM
My oldest son and I are DVRing (well, HE is since I don't know how!) Hell on Wheels. Having grown up in a town Thomas Durant more or less built and being a history buff anyway and with it being a western, I like it. Only problem with the DVR is you realize how short those shows really are when you cut out the commercials!

"Lost" was my guy soap I guess, so was "Jericho". I also find that I really like "NCIS" and "House", but all I know of them is the older re-reuns I see.

I refuse to watch anything that glorifies criminals like the "Sopranos" or "Sons of Anarchy".

I only saw one episode of "House." It was the one where everybody was wrong but House even though they all told him he was the one who was wrong. Eventually he figured out the cure in the last 3 minutes of the show.

longhorn
12-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Kinda why I follow the NFL and the NBA (some...)-wives, girlfriends, drugs, criminality, absurd behavior, endless flow of money, things you can't believe any adult would say or do!

canyon-ghost
12-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Lightning struck the tv years ago, I watch Cast Boolits Chat the most lol.

rockrat
12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I like House (can't help it, the EMT in me has to try and figure out whats going on), and NCIS. Terrn Nova and Falling Skies are OK (science fiction guy here). Otherwise, man vs food, triple D, but little else.

mroliver77
12-01-2011, 09:06 PM
No Tele here. I really am amazed that intelligent people set glued to the one eyed MONSTER.

I do like a good story. I watch mostly old movies on the puter. Gimme a good documentary any day! Most are so slanted that they are worthless!
J

MtGun44
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Never have seen a single episode of any of them, only heard of Breaking Bad.

Bill

frankenfab
12-01-2011, 09:30 PM
I am in such a pickle, since I got hooked on The Walking Dead after renting the DVD of the first season. I don't have TV, so now I have to wait until the second season is available on DVD to get more!

P.K.
12-01-2011, 11:25 PM
I am in such a pickle, since I got hooked on The Walking Dead after renting the DVD of the first season. I don't have TV, so now I have to wait until the second season is available on DVD to get more!

You just told everyone to spoil the 2nd season for you. Sheesh......:holysheep:kidding:

Dark Helmet
12-01-2011, 11:53 PM
SOA and Justified- http://tv.blinkx.com/show/justified/UznJcpH4AGKoTp1AnoSFew6UY0k#s1e7

Clinebo
12-02-2011, 12:08 AM
I have DirecTV and watch channel 267 in the afternoon. "Daniel Boone" and "The Rifleman". Still good after all these years!

crabo
12-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Justified is my favorite and it starts again next month.

gew98
12-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Ok, so we all love to watch "Sons of Anarchy", "Breaking Bad", "The Walking Dead", ect. and if we're truthful we all know these are just Soaps for Guys, so, what's your favorite one?

Sons of Anarchy is OK , but the gunplay and the amount of 'killing' is ludicrous and laughable. On the other hand the nefarious backstabbing federal prosecutor is spot on.
Breaking Bad is about the best written and acted of this trio.
Walking Dead has so deviated from the original "comic book" story lines and charachters and it's lack of zombie content ... plus some terribly miscast actors like the brit guy playing the sherrif with his horrible try at a southern accent and overacting. His now shaven head compatriot has always been a mediocre actor and this charachter he's butchered badly. The lack of any plotline(s) with any form of realistic gun use & acquisition is absolutely dumbfounding. I'm about to give this last one up.

gew98
12-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Justified is my favorite and it starts again next month.

As much as I like the majority of Oliphant's acting ... Justified is'nt justified to be on TV. I spent alot of time over the years in eastern KY to have even installed the elevators at the Harlan Courthouse and the HUD apartment complex ( After Thyssen Krupp screwed the pooch there ) ...typical hollyweird embellishment.

gew98
12-02-2011, 11:07 AM

Hell on Wheels.. is marginal at it's best. 'lost' was a show the wife watched... not myself. Any of the crime dramas are a waste of my valuable time to include any of the medical themed shows ( except I watched SCRUBS for laughs when it was on ).
The best show currently out there ranked with Breaking Bad is Boardwalk Empire. The acting and period flavor is top notch with this latest HBO series.
I love well done SCI-Fi...but there has'nt been any worth the watch in some ages.

MT Gianni
12-02-2011, 12:32 PM
We have Direct TV but I don't recognize any of those, my wife must not watch them. I have been known to spend 4 nights in a motel and not be able to tell you if the TV worked.

scrapcan
12-02-2011, 03:13 PM
MT Gianni,

I would bet you are like me in that you can tell us if there is a gunshop in that town and the best hole in the wall to eat real food. I too have stayed in motels for days on end and had no desire to slop in front of the tv.

Love Life
12-03-2011, 04:19 AM
What? No Gold Rush Alaska? This is absurd!!

I reckon I'll have to pick "Walking Dead" because the Zombie apocalypse is always appropriate dinner conversation!

gabe123
12-03-2011, 05:59 AM
No option for Spartacus?? Well then I vote Sons of Anarchy.

Bret4207
12-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Hell on Wheels.. is marginal at it's best. 'lost' was a show the wife watched... not myself. Any of the crime dramas are a waste of my valuable time to include any of the medical themed shows ( except I watched SCRUBS for laughs when it was on ).
The best show currently out there ranked with Breaking Bad is Boardwalk Empire. The acting and period flavor is top notch with this latest HBO series.
I love well done SCI-Fi...but there has'nt been any worth the watch in some ages.

Jeeze guy, I didn't realize we we working up the Academy awards here. They just asked what shows we liked, not what was best acted, etc.. Give the ego a rest Rex Reed.

reloader28
12-03-2011, 11:44 AM
We have Dish and the wife watches some of that garbage you guys have talked about.

I RARELY watch TV. In fact, I aint even been on the computer much since the middle of Oct. Been working out of town some and hunting too.

I spend my time in the wood shop building furniture or more likely reloading and casting boolits. Lately, when I do sit down far a while Ill read a Louis LaMoure western.

Rokkit Syinss
12-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't watch any of them. I watch Big Bang Theory because I work at Geek Central and work with guys just like the characters.

Dframe
12-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Out of my element here. I've never seen ANY of them so I didn't vote.

TNFrank
12-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Looks like Walking Dead is winning the poll followed by Sons of Anarchy. I really do hope they bring back Falling Skies. Wonder what it'd be like if we combined a few of em' together, say, Walking Dead with Falling Skies and Sons of Anarchy,LOL. Bikers killing Alien Zombies, now that'd be cool to watch.

Xcaliber
12-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Walking Dead for me.

scb
12-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Walking dead. Before that it was Jericho and Deadwood.

MikeS
12-05-2011, 03:22 AM
I watch Burn Notice, Supernatural, Dexter, Eureka, Strike Back, Warehouse 13, and possibly a couple of others that I can remember their names at the moment. Oh, and of course there's Dr Who, both the early show, and the latest incarnation. Used to watch the newer show Battlestar Galactica, but it's over now. And I almost forgot about Deadwood, Rome, and Carnivale! I don't know why HBO likes making shows with just 2 seasons? I like watching them on my computer, as there's no commercials usually that way.

I never seen any of the shows the OP listed in the poll, am I missing anything good?

gandydancer
12-05-2011, 03:33 AM
I can't get them shows on my TV set its the 1st one my dad got in the early 50's runs on Kerosine it smells bad and takes a long time to warm up. u all think I should git anew one?

Ajax
12-05-2011, 05:42 AM
I am a supernatural fan. and outdoor channel and vs. channel (hunting shows)

Andy

Matt_G
12-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Don't watch any of them. In fact, I watch very little television at all.
When I do watch something, its usually an old movie.

If I start watching any of the junk coming out of hollyweird these days, I feel like all the intelligence and respect is being sucked right out of me...

starmac
12-06-2011, 12:11 AM
I always thought as the world turns, was actually as dinner burns. lol
I watched a few episodes of soa and a couple of the sopranos, I never liked a show that was continued though.

GT27
12-06-2011, 12:28 AM
"Person of Interest" is my favorite now,pretty good flick!Thursdays if you haven't seen it yet!

mtnman31
12-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Right now the only show I make an effort to watch is Homeland. Series from Showtime about a CIA agent trying to track down a US soldier brainwashed and turned into a terrorist. Other than some minor inaccuracies with military details the show is pretty good. I have to download it since the rabbit ears on top of the TV don't pick it up :grin: I have watched a few episodes of Person Of Interest. It is not bad but I don't really care if I miss an episode or not.

wallenba
12-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Didn't you just love how Walt got Gus in the retirement home? Loved that episode.

Clay Morrow's gotta go Jax!

Walking Dead? What about all the convicts locked up in the pens? Did they just starve in their cells? I bet that would make a good episode. Some could still be alive if they had food in their cells. Write it boys.

Falling Skies? Well, it fell off my viewing list. Sorry.

Hell on wheels. It better get rolling before it loses me.

I'm an insomniac....well not all the time.

TNFrank
12-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Didn't you just love how Walt got Gus in the retirement home? Loved that episode.

When I saw him walk out of the room I thought "oh no, he got away again" but then when he turned and half his face was gone it was like "uck, that's nasty but he got what he deserved."
I can't wait to see how they pick it up next season. Gus' right hand man, Mike, is still recovering in Mexico from the gun shot wound, wonder if he'll be mad or if he'll just work for Walt. Wonder what Jessie is going to do now that he's more or less free from having to cook for Gus. I think Walt is too addicted to the money and the dark side of making meth to stop. Can't wait for next season to start, dang it.LOL

starmac
12-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I must spend too much time on the computer, I don't have a clue what most of you guys are talking about. lol

I did watch Alone in the wilderness, last night. It was dissapointing after reading the book a few years ago.

montana_charlie
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
We have a 'basic subscription' to DirecTV, but do not subscribe to any of the movie or sports channels. I watched a few episodes of Walking Dead during it's first season ... and dropped it. I have not felt inspired to try it again.
I have watched smatterings of the others, but immediately learned that they are as pointless as I had imagined.
They rank right up there with Lizard Lick, Hardcore Pawn, and Dog The Bounty Hunter for numbing brain cells into extinction.

A couple of showings of How It's Made are more satisfying than anything in the list, and for 'science fiction' there's always the four people with the night goggles ... looking for Bigfoot.

CM

thehouseproduct
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Hell on Wheels for me. Enjoying that show quite a bit.

P.K.
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
We have a 'basic subscription' to DirecTV, but do not subscribe to any of the movie or sports channels. I watched a few episodes of Walking Dead during it's first season ... and dropped it. I have not felt inspired to try it again.
I have watched smatterings of the others, but immediately learned that they are as pointless as I had imagined.
They rank right up there with Lizard Lick, Hardcore Pawn, and Dog The Bounty Hunter for numbing brain cells into extinction.

A couple of showings of How It's Made are more satisfying than anything in the list, and for 'science fiction' there's always the four people with the night goggles ... looking for Bigfoot.

CM

LOL! Could you imagine if some cat got his hands on the Jack's Link's costume and found out where there were filming one night?:bigsmyl2:

TNFrank
12-08-2011, 04:45 PM
LOL! Could you imagine if some cat got his hands on the Jack's Link's costume and found out where there were filming one night?:bigsmyl2:

LOL, I've be afraid that someone would shoot me thinking that I was a Bigfoot so they could cash in on the fame of having killed one. I guess you could always add a few layers of kevlar to the costume so you'd be bullet proof.:Fire:

TNFrank
12-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Almost forgot about "Grimm" on NBC. It's shaping up to be a pretty good show.

cbrick
12-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Easy question . . . The OFF button on the remote. Using that is far more entertaining than almost all of those shows combined.

I like some of the science shows but even those are more and more geared to the science fiction of man made global warming but even with these shows the OFF button is a great resource.

Rick

gerrycan
12-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi all,
In Australia, we run most of your shows. I watched a couple of seasons of "Sopranos" but I don,t watch the others listed . A favourite of mine was a movie called " Into The Wild " about a young fella dropping out of college then learning all the skills to live alone in Alaska .He learned never to shoot a moose without refrigeration .Gerry.

sparky45
12-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Gold Rush; about a disfunctional group of want-a-be's in the Klondike.

John Ross
12-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Nobody has mentioned "Satisfaction," an Australian show that aired on Showtime for three seasons starting in 2007. It's available streaming on Netflix.

That's my favorite Guy Soap Opera...

P.K.
12-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Gold Rush; about a disfunctional group of want-a-be's in the Klondike.

I dunno abot the rest but I'm pulling for the 16 y/o that took over the mine from his granddad.

gwpercle
03-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Swamp People....I think it's a soap opra.

357maximum
03-13-2014, 01:16 PM
I absolutely/steadfastly refuse to pay for tv.....I heard others talk a few times of what yall are speaking of, but have never seen any of them. When I saw the title of the thread my answer was PRELL :lol: It's the only "man soap" I use. :lol:

.....only tv soaps I watch are free on the WB..... The Vampire Diaries and it's offshoot.... The Originals......yeah it's a guilty pleasure kinda thing :lol: ....never watched them before SWMBO'ed got the first season on DVD and I got.....hooked.......always have had a weird fascination with vampires and a vampire show with cute/hot chicks just makes it a bit MO BETTA. :mrgreen: Them two shows and wed night PBS are all I watch on the one eyed monster anymore.......I "waste" most of my time that needs "wasting" right here on CASTBOOLITS actually. I used to watch NASCAR, but I refuse to pay to watch the second half of the season...so I no longer watch the first. I am fascinated over how much time/money people pay to be sedated in front of the tube however.....you could not pay me to cover most peoples tv schedule.....I would die of boredom.

xacex
03-13-2014, 01:41 PM
"Gold rush" Todd Hoffman pisses me off tho. I wish his crew would take off those Oregon shirts. They are an embarrassment to our state.

FISH4BUGS
03-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Sorry folks....my then 7 year old son and I machine gunned my TV 25 years ago. Finished it off with a 20 ga. Yes I cleaned up the mess. It was liberating to say the least.
I have never seen any of these programs and have no idea who or what they are.
I read a LOT, cast and shoot, and listen to the radio. TV will turn your brain to mush.......no thanks.
...and I thought this thread was about shower soap...I was ready to dig out the rainbow flag and post it here.

Col4570
03-13-2014, 01:51 PM
I enjoyed "The WalkingDead",When the series had finished I had the bonus of watching my neighbours for a similar experience.:dung_hits_fan:

Dframe
03-13-2014, 01:53 PM
I don't watch much TV either and have never seen any of the choices posted.
So I vote for "Big Bang Theory" At least it's hillariously funny.

montana_charlie
03-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Swamp People....I think it's a soap opra.
You resurrected a lame thread, which has been dead for a year and a half, to say that?

monadnock#5
03-13-2014, 02:02 PM
I hate to say so but there's a bunch of you who are just plain missin' it. There are several shows, like Sons of Anarchy that were on for years before we "upgraded" to a cable box that records. As such, even though I like the show very much, I'm just not gonna watch episode after episode, and on and on, to get caught up.

The one show that I did go back to the beginning for was Breaking Bad, and you should too. Forget the Excellent acting, the stellar dialog "Yeough WITCH", and first rate scripting. Watch it for the reality. If you can't make yourself watch from the beginning, then at least go back to the season where Walt and Skyler buy the car wash. Watch from that point to the end, and then provided you live in a community of at least 1200 inhabitants, look at the businesses in that community and surrounding towns, and see which ones fit the paradigm... Be prepared to get your guts wrenched... In the dear and immortal words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I got to say 'bout that".

.357max I know exactly what you mean. I'm no great fan of vampire movies, but Kate Beckinsale in a cat suit........Ahominahominahomina!!!!

dragon813gt
03-13-2014, 02:07 PM
RPM Threshold for cast bullets is my favorite soap opera :)

357maximum
03-13-2014, 02:21 PM
.357max I know exactly what you mean. I'm no great fan of vampire movies, but Kate Beckinsale in a cat suit........Ahominahominahomina!!!!

I have the UNDERWORLD collection on DVD........you have good taste in fine pleather :drinks:

357maximum
03-13-2014, 02:25 PM
RPM Threshold for cast bullets is my favorite soap opera :)

What a hit......you deserve a gold star......that one cleared the fence :lol:

reloaderman1
03-13-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm a big "NCIS" fan ! I haven't seen any of those listed !

wch
03-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Justified.

shooterbob
03-13-2014, 02:53 PM
The new Black Sails on Stars is good. Pirate series. I like Burn Notice as well

buckwheatpaul
03-13-2014, 03:10 PM
NCIS is the one I watch

Old School Big Bore
03-13-2014, 07:30 PM
NCIS, the real one, not the spinoff. Breaking Bad, Falling Skies & Walking Dead all started off OK but turned retarded. But yes, 'RPM Threshold' really needs to be produced as TV.

sidecarmike
03-13-2014, 07:36 PM
NCIS, Elementary, and Hell on Wheels are all among my favorites but Strike Back is number one and justified is number 2. I lived in Kentucky for ten years and swear I've met every character I've seen on that show in one form or another.
As a life long motorcyclist who has lived that life, I stopped watching Sons of Anarchy about half way through the first season. More fairy tale than fact.

Uncle Jimbo
03-14-2014, 12:49 AM
Every week I record Hell on Wheels, The Americans, and my favorite Justified. Don't watch any of the others on the list.
But the best soap opera is about to start, The NCAA basketball Championship playoffs.

10x
03-14-2014, 01:08 AM
Guy soap operas started with Bonanza and Loren Green...
or is that a horse opera?

gandydancer
03-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Those shows are so exciting. my fav is called"watch the paint dry" life is to damn short to sit around watching soaps.

smokeywolf
03-14-2014, 02:24 AM
Mrs. smokeywolf likes "Breaking Bad" and "Walking Dead". I'm more into "Bones" and "Blacklist" and the "Coast Guard" reality shows.

NavyVet1959
03-14-2014, 02:27 AM

I've never heard of them either, so I guess we're missing the same thing ... nothing ...

badbob454
03-14-2014, 03:41 AM
i like ''Wild West Alaska'' its about the antics of a gun sales and modification shop in alaska its entertaining and you get to look at guns !, they go hunting fishing goldpanning you name it good holesome show ..... i also like to watch sniper shooting competition , think it is called best shot? , havent seen it in a while though ...

searcher4851
03-14-2014, 10:57 AM
From the original list, I have watched Hell on Wheels semi regularly. I like seeing the guns they use, and there is a certain historical aspect I find appealing. But what do I know, I liked the movie Heaven's Gate as well.

Echo
03-14-2014, 12:08 PM

SS

No...

mold maker
03-14-2014, 12:48 PM
i like ''Wild West Alaska'' its about the antics of a gun sales and modification shop in alaska its entertaining and you get to look at guns !, they go hunting fishing goldpanning you name it good holesome show ..... i also like to watch sniper shooting competition , think it is called best shot? , havent seen it in a while though ...

Me too, on the alaska adventure shows. That and the local weather and news is all the TV I see. Otherwise its a 55" monitor for my PC with an air mouse and keyboard.

9w1911
03-14-2014, 12:51 PM
No Gold Rush?

NavyVet1959
03-14-2014, 01:56 PM
Wouldn't a REAL "guy" soap have characters like this:

http://www.mediumrare.uk.com/assets/dvdimage/LEXX2_09.jpg

Or this:
http://mimg.ugo.com/201012/6/5/1/134156/cuts/lexx-zev-bellringer_480_poster.jpg

Or even this:
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Battlestar-Galactica-mm26.jpg

Come on... What kind of "guy show" could it be without a bit of eye candy? :)

Just Duke
03-14-2014, 03:43 PM
The High Chaparral on you tube. When we did have satellite I would turn the sound down and watch the hot ladies on the Spanish Channel. La Patrona was the pleasant to watch.

Just Duke
03-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Wouldn't a REAL "guy" soap have characters like this:

http://www.mediumrare.uk.com/assets/dvdimage/LEXX2_09.jpg

Or this:
http://mimg.ugo.com/201012/6/5/1/134156/cuts/lexx-zev-bellringer_480_poster.jpg

Or even this:
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Battlestar-Galactica-mm26.jpg

Come on... What kind of "guy show" could it be without a bit of eye candy? :)

That's what I'm talking about! Can I have the blonde on the left with the nice teeth?

Gator 45/70
03-14-2014, 03:45 PM
True Detective,Black Sails,Devinci.

Just Duke
03-14-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm more into "Blacklist" reality shows.
This show is written way to well to be script. It's more like a transcript come TV show. Scary!!!

Old School Big Bore
03-14-2014, 03:51 PM
@NavyVet - thus my vote for NCIS and I suspect all the votes for Boner, I mean Bones.
ABBY! ZIVA!

TXGunNut
03-15-2014, 11:28 PM
I don't do TV. Waste of money and time.

reloader28
03-16-2014, 12:24 PM
From the original list, I have watched Hell on Wheels semi regularly. I like seeing the guns they use, and there is a certain historical aspect I find appealing. But what do I know, I liked the movie Heaven's Gate as well.

My dad was an extra in that movie.
I've seen that show several times myself.

JimA
03-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Swamp People, Vikings, Black Sails and Da Vinci's Demons...

Bzcraig
03-16-2014, 12:55 PM
I have never seen these shows and only one that I have seen commercials for. But don't watch much TV either.

sidecarmike
03-16-2014, 01:46 PM
My dad was an extra in that movie.
I've seen that show several times myself.

The critics hated that movie, which gave us a reason to go and see it. The only thing we didn't like was 3 1/2 hours sitting in a crappy theater seat and the price of the popcorn.
I own a copy of it now and have a commercial 14 oz. popcorn machine. ;-)

sparky45
03-16-2014, 01:48 PM
True Detective. Outstanding actors and exciting series.

fatboy
03-16-2014, 01:59 PM
no cable or satellite but we catch em on Netflix, SOA and Hell on wheels we have watched all available episodes, and just got started on walking dead.