PDA

View Full Version : A way to cost the gun banners

rmb721
02-21-2007, 09:08 AM
I saw something a few years ago (maybe from the NRA) that some of the gun ban outfits would send you an information packet if you requested one.

The thing is that it cost them a total of around $5.00 for each packet. Gun owners could easily cost them millions just to throw it in the trash where it belongs.

Also before it goes in the trash, you could show people what lies they spread.

It would only cost each of us 39 cents for each one we send to. You can't get a better return on your money than 39 cents for $5.00 plus a big laugh when you toss it in the can.

If someone can find out if any of the gun ban groups send out packets yet, please post it so we can delete some of their funds.

PatMarlin
02-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Clever. I'm taking notes... :mrgreen:

DLCTEX
02-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Sounds like fun!:-D Dale

44woody
02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
great idea if you got a address I would have about 30 of my family members wright it to get the info :castmine: 44Woody

fatnhappy
02-22-2007, 12:06 AM
My mother used to get trash from PETA all the time, and since we both have a first name starting with D, and It was addressed with only a D...... you can see where I'm going here.

They dropped me from their mail rolls. All I did was send in a "postage paid" mailer with a cinder block attached. Works for Sierra Club too.....

tommag
02-22-2007, 12:29 AM
I once came up with the idea of sending .10 checks to political campaigns. Figgured it would cost them at least a dollar to process them.

Harry Eales
02-22-2007, 05:19 PM
I saw something a few years ago (maybe from the NRA) that some of the gun ban outfits would send you an information packet if you requested one.

The thing is that it cost them a total of around $5.00 for each packet. Gun owners could easily cost them millions just to throw it in the trash where it belongs.

Also before it goes in the trash, you could show people what lies they spread.

It would only cost each of us 39 cents for each one we send to. You can't get a better return on your money than 39 cents for $5.00 plus a big laugh when you toss it in the can.

If someone can find out if any of the gun ban groups send out packets yet, please post it so we can delete some of their funds.

I'd be a little careful about this, If a hundred thousand people, or worse, a million people asked for these packets and ditched them, the Anti-Gunners can stand up and say, ' Well we were asked by over a million people for our package, and therefore we must have at least a million people backing us'.

******** I know, but then the Anti's are full of it.

Just be wary, the anti's got my legally owned guns confiscated in the UK in the 1990's. Don't let it happen to you. Don't give the Anti's any ammo at all, otherwise they'll shoot you down as well.

Harry

lovedogs
02-22-2007, 06:27 PM
On the surface this looks like a good idea. I heard about this a few years ago and started doing it. Then I talked with an accountant friend about it and he said it wouldn't work. In fact, it helps them. You see, they can claim this as an expense and it becomes a tax write-off. And, as previously mentioned, they claim backing from all the requests. It'd be nice if we could cause them big-time hurt but this method won't work. So I quit doing it.

waksupi
02-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I like joining these groups online. Get on thier mailing list. Then, when they send out propaganda, I delight in sending back oblique questions, in which there is only one answer, to see what response I get. I find I am usually removed from thier mailings after awhile....

Just like a lawyer, never ask a question, you do not know the answer to....

rmb721
02-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Harry and lovedogs.

You both could be right depending on the packets. If the packets were membership applications and none got returned, they wouldn't be able to claim all this support. As far as a tax write off, those groups probably don't claim any income now. I still think it would be a good way to drain away a lot of their funds that they would otherwise use against us.

454PB
02-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Another downside.....

My wife started donating to the Humane Society. Within 6 months, we were absolutely buried in junk mail soliciting donations, and phone calls at all hours of the day. They apparently gave (or sold) our info to other groups. When we started getting crap from PETA, that was the end of any donations. She does have a lifetime supply of return address stickers, though!

45nut
02-23-2007, 12:43 AM
know thy enemy...

http://www.iansa.org/

versifier
02-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I have posted this before, but it bears repeating.
There are lots of interesting ways to cost the antis money.

Years ago, before I began to cast, I used to take the paid return envelopes sent by all the anti-gun and anti-hunting wackos and stuff each one with a piece of lead chimney flashing, cut to fit. [smilie=1: The postmistress, a longtime shooter and hunter, loved the idea and made sure she told everyone about it when they came for their mail. We worked in construction and just collected scraps, but some of my neighbors liked the idea so much that they went down to the building supplier and bought rolls of it. :drinks: She's long dead now, and the price of lead is prohibitive, not to mention that it's become a precious resource. :castmine:

So, these days I merely send the envelopes back to them stuffed with assorted junkmail, but it still bleeds them of operating money and makes me feel like I'm still doing my part. It's simple and easy. If you remove anything with your name and address on it, they don't know who to blame and keep sending junk mail. :coffee:

jhalcott
02-23-2007, 03:24 PM
This talk about them saying they have X amout of support because of requests for info is a bit funny. I went to an anti gun "town meeting" a few years ago. When I asked if the speaker could show me proof of this claimed support,she said "Oh ,I did not bring it with me" When I indicated that her claims were either false or fantasies,because her figures would mean 99% of the states citizens agreed with her. This was not factually possible. The chair of the meeting called ME out of order and had me removed. We had a few friends in the state legislature and demanded a vote on the issue. The anti's dropped their plan rather than face a ballot. All I am saying here is they will and DO lie to get their way.