PDA

View Full Version : Saeco #424 240 grn GCTC boollit opinions

BobinIL
11-30-2011, 03:50 PM
I am looking for an economical boolit to cast that will feed reliably in a Marlin 1894 and that I can push at 1600+ FPS This Saeco #242 240grn Tunicated Cone with a gas check looks like the ticket. Has anybody used this mold? How do the bullets come out of the Saeco molds? I would prefer they come out a little large say .430-.432

EDK
11-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Go to lasc.us and read Glenn Fryxell's article on 1894 MARLINS. Glenn is THE MAN on cast boolits and his research will save you a lot of wasted time and components.

This said, I'd suggest you take a look at RANCH DOG'S TLC 432 265 mould, which was designed for 44 MARLINS. Another good choice would be the current MIHEC group buy for 429640 clone...the solid may be closed, but the hollow point mould group buy should still be open. MIHEC usually makes a couple extras, so check him out. ACCURATE MOLDS is a new vendor that is getting great reviews so his catalog is worth a look also. His quality is supposed to be excelllent...I have not bought one of his moulds yet...and his delivery time is unreal!

My older (24 inch barrels) Cowboy rifles feed semi wadcutters pretty well, but I got them used and your rifle might not.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire: