PDA

View Full Version : Moose sighting

RugerFan
11-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Clicked this pic today as Bullwinkle walked in front of my truck. And no, he didn't look both ways before crossing the road.

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l449/wolf913/Bullmoose.jpg

Mooseman
11-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Looks Just like one I saw on the Glenn Hiway...

x101airborne
11-29-2011, 02:18 AM
Well, down here, if we are going to hit a deer we speed UP!! I dont think that is where you want to be when Jesus comes back. Glad you didn't hit it!

roverboy
11-29-2011, 09:34 PM
I can't imagine what hitting a moose would be like. Can you say body work?

gandydancer
11-29-2011, 09:51 PM
just ask will Hornbrook he can tell you. he tried to get one to move out of his way on south st in calais maine by hitting it in the back of the legs (the rutt was on) the moose turned around and stood on the roof of will's 51 plymouth sedan and leveled it to the top of the front seat. will was trying to get up under the dash board. will was OK. the moose was OK. the plymouth alas was not. the moose 1 the plymouth 0 willie went on to other adventures. next up the story of how willie lost most of his teeth with his new speedboat when he hit the only just under the surface Rock in a five mile lake. stay tuned. GD

RugerFan
11-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Looks Just like one I saw on the Glenn Hiway...

This one was on Ft Richardson.

Well, down here, if we are going to hit a deer we speed UP!! I dont think that is where you want to be when Jesus comes back. Glad you didn't hit it!

Yes, vehicles and the occupants can get hurt real bad when hitting a moose. I'm going to really try and avoid that.

ak_milsurp
11-29-2011, 10:22 PM
LOL Ya know...I live in Chugiak near Bear Mountain, (About 8 miles from Ft Richardson) and I have only seen one moose in my neighborhood in 5 years...

On the other hand we had a Bear in the yard this Summer, munching on my raspberries!

My Neighbor down the road shot him a week later......

white eagle
11-29-2011, 10:40 PM
whats all that there white stuff ??

RugerFan
11-30-2011, 04:01 AM

It's this horribe thing called "snow" and we are supposed to get 2-4" more tonight :sad:

Mooseman
11-30-2011, 04:53 AM

Water...That has to be shoveled !!! LOL

aaalaska
12-02-2011, 01:31 AM

That's the stuff that brightens our days, since we can't rely on the sun so much this time of year.