PDA

View Full Version : moulds

D Crockett
11-28-2011, 05:01 PM
why do everyone think there is only lee lyman or rcbs moulds I have a good deal on some good used steel Magma moulds but no one seems to want them guess my question is why don't people use them too hand cast with they can be converted to handles very easy let me know your thoughts on this D Crockett

casterofboolits
11-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Perhaps most people aren't familar with them. I have about 50 Magma moulds and every one of them cast excellent boolits. Of course, I also have three Master Casters.:lovebooli

williamwaco
11-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Most people never heard of them.

I have heard of them but I would not buy any mold I had to "Convert".

Bret4207
11-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Yeah, biggest issue is that they are expensive to start with and then you have to fart around to make them work for hand casters. It's kind of like asking why guys don't go buy RCBS moulds for their Master Casters since they are good moulds and can be converted.

canyon-ghost
11-29-2011, 08:49 AM
That's right, Brett. I just know they are for casting machines, have seen one but, I'm not a casting machine. Maybe I need to be! lol.

ku4hx
11-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Molds are like beer. You hear a lot about Bud, Fosters and Coors but there are many others out there that are just as good if not better. My current beer of choice is Leinenkugel.

Aunegl
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Molds are like beer. You hear a lot about Bud, Fosters and Coors but there are many others out there that are just as good if not better. My current beer of choice is Leinenkugel.

Leinenkugel is one of my current favs, too.

rintinglen
12-01-2011, 07:12 AM
PITA to convert, fairly expensive, kind of heavy, not as good as RCBS in my opinion. They are more geared towards commercial production companies than hobby casters.

williamwaco
12-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Hey.

Good News.

I was just on their web site.
Don't know how long they have been doing this but they now offer their molds "fitted for RCBS handles" for only one dollar more.

See:

http://www.magmaengineering.com/bullet-molds/

No_1
10-04-2012, 06:53 PM
What magma moulds do you ave for sale D Crockett?

Mark85304
10-04-2012, 06:59 PM

Mother Road Brewing Co.

runfiverun
10-04-2012, 09:28 PM
i'd have bought some the ones you have/had for sale but i allready have the ones you offered.
magma makes some excellent molds,it's thier handles that are a pain.
i have 20 sumthin magma molds and like them A LOT.