PDA

View Full Version : RCBS top shelf service!!

llwsgn
11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
hi, needed a couple of parts, (lost or misplaced), for a RCBS tool. they're headed my way at no charge! how can you beat that! [smilie=w:

Ben
11-28-2011, 02:28 PM
You won't beat that. Many other companies would do
well to sit up and take notice of how RCBS handles their
customer service.

Doc_Stihl
11-28-2011, 04:07 PM
I emailed support once explaining that I bought a tool second hand and it was missing a few parts and I wanted to know how much the replacements would be. Didn't hear back with a quote for a few days, about the same time I was going to call them to ask, all the parts showed up in the mail. (And spares of a couple of them to boot!).

I broke a pardner press out of sheer stupidity on my part, they replaced it with a completely new press.

I had a LAM I that wasn't drilled/cast correctly. Sent em the press and 2 of my dies to see the dimensions. They sent a new LAM II to replace it, cleaned up my dies like new and even put new O Rings on my dies before returning them.

DaveCampbell
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
I have been doing business with RCBS since about 1974, both as a consumer and now "in the biz." It is one of the best companies--and groups of people--I have ever had the pleasure to work with. And it is not because of free stuff. Kent Sakamoto and several others whose names escape me at this moment (Dang Alzheimer's!) are always available to answer some pretty obscure questions and provide solutions and improvements to handloading techniques.

They are not alone. Most of the companies I deal with have great people to work with. Maybe it's because we've been collectively persecuted so much over the years...I don't know. But shooters, as opinionated as we are (and we are!), seem to be able to rally with one another better than many other groups of folks.

Reload3006
11-28-2011, 04:32 PM
I became a RCBS customer for life. A few years ago My ex wife let her son destroy my reloading gear ... I mean I went down in my shop to load a few 06s and when I got down there I didnt have one die that wasn't dissembled. I finally got them all back together but was naturally missing a few pieces for a few dies. I called RCBS told them what happened and asked for part numbers so I could order replacement parts they insisted no charge and sent me the parts I needed. Hornady and Lee charged me I cant blame either of them for charging me as it was not their fault but RCBS went above what was expected. Because of that they are my go to company now. I am now having issues with a lyman 4500 and Lyman is sticking it in my back side for shipping and they haven't even agreed that they would fix my lyman lube sizer the only reason i went with lyman instead of rcbs is because of the built in heater .... I am so sorry I did now.

3006guns
11-29-2011, 10:17 AM
I just called RCBS yesterday morning. My Rock Chucker dates from 1972 and was purchased new by me as my first "real" reloading press. After God knows how many rounds have been run through it, the toggle block is finally getting loose and the handle is getting sloppy. To my astonishment a replacement is still available and on its way, along with two replacement spring washers (the old ones wore through years ago).

RCBS still does things the "old fashioned way" and manufactures equipment designed for a lifetime.

No charge and I'd guess the whole phone call took one minute.

medalguy
11-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Similar story. My oldest Rockchucker dates to about 1970. I have two.

I noticed in their new catalog that the newer presses have a ball on the end of the handle, not the old rubber grip. I called my local reloading shop and asked about the parts, and of course they didn't have them but called RCBS to order them. The girl emailed me a while ago and said RCBS was sending the new handles to her, free, and they would pass them along to me, free. Way to go!!

Not even broken, and they are sending new handles. Can't beat that for service.

llwsgn
12-01-2011, 03:15 AM
The girl emailed me a while ago and said RCBS was sending the new handles to her, free, and they would pass them along to me, free. Way to go!!

Not even broken, and they are sending new handles. Can't beat that for service.

sounds like your local shop is outstanding as well. i'm really amazed by these examples of RCBS dedication to the reloader. aren't they, (RCBS) part of CCI and Speer? i'm giong to buy their stuff as often as i can. i mostly shoot handgun with cast however.

cabezaverde
12-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I had a LAM I that wasn't drilled/cast correctly. Sent em the press and 2 of my dies to see the dimensions. They sent a new LAM II to replace it, cleaned up my dies like new and even put new O Rings on my dies before returning them.

Funny, I just had the same experience with a Lam 1. Die hole was not deep enough. I returned it after emailing photos and they sent me a new in box Lam II.

cabezaverde
12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
They really do have great service, the above was not my first experience of this type, just the most costly for them.

Isaac
12-03-2011, 07:12 AM
I sing similar praises about RCBS. Wonderful folks to talk to and excellent customer service.

Its one reason why the presses on my table are green.

Isaac

hiram1
12-03-2011, 08:34 PM
this is true there good to work with

woody1
12-06-2011, 10:35 PM
I sent RCBS the following e-mail the other day:
I find I have, through some hamhandedness on my part I expect, bent the expander/decapping rod on my 22/250 Fl die. The die set is dated '78. Can you tell me if I can get replacement parts for dies this old and how I'd go about it? Thanks and regards,

Today I received from RCBS:
Woody, sending you the parts at no charge. You will need to put in the new guide bushing first. Have a great day and enjoy your reloading.

Customer Service Hours:
Monday-Thursday 6:30am to 3:30pm

Please note that our offices will be closed 12/19 thru 12/25 in observance of Christmas

Technical Service Department/rm
ATK/RCBS Operation
(800) 533-5000
605 Oro Dam Blvd E.
Oroville, CA 95965

Then I had to give 'em some lip about not being politically correct about observing Christmas:

Thank you. Your fantastic customer service must be what keeps me buying RCBS.

PS - You aren't really going to advertise that you're observing CHRISTMAS are you?

(Please note that our offices will be closed 12/19 thru 12/25 in observance of Christmas)
My goodness! That's not politically correct! Good on you. I and my family are going to observe Christmas too. I'm about to leave to go cut a Christmas tree also.

Again, thanks and regards,

The RCBS response:
Woody, you are welcome and thanks for the support. It is Christmas, not just a holiday, I agree. Have a great time getting your Christmas tree and have a wonderful Christmas.

Nice folks. Regards, Woody

Carolina Cast Bullets
12-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Allow me to add my praise of the "Great Green"

My Brother in Law passed away a few years ago and his Daughters gave me all of his reloading equipment and supplies. There was an RCBS Rockchucker that now is bolted to my bench and a Uniflow powder measure. All of this is neither new nor mine to begin with. The Rockchucker works just fine, as it is to be expected. The powder measure drum and adjustment screw/lock nut were either corroded or clogged to the point that adjustment was an adventure with a vise grip.

I called RCBS Support for help and like others, prices for replacement parts. Custormer Support not only gave me the part numbers but sent them, shipping on their dime, to me at no charge. Even further, the drum I requested was the wrong one. One more call, one more package and now both the Uniflow and the Rockchucker are happily involved in making ammo.

Just recently, I got a used set of 35 Reminton dies. Unknown to me, no expander ball. Yep, one call, a week or so and expander ball installed. NO CHARGE ! ! !

Makes ya kinda wonder how they stay in business, giving away parts like that.

Answer: They stay in business cause folks like us know we can count on the "Great Green from Oroville"

Jerry
Carolina Cast Bullets