PDA

View Full Version : Chat

ben1025
06-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Help! I can get on the chat room but can't type anything. What am I doing wrong? beb1025

Shuz
06-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Help! I can get on the chat room but can't type anything. What am I doing wrong? beb1025

Ben, looks like you is doin' fine!--Shuz

waksupi
06-19-2005, 10:22 AM
You could go ahead and work on your setting now, to be prepared for next time.

Open the chat, and give it time to load. When loaded, you should see a public log area on the left, and list of users at the right.

Go below the public log box, and you should see a button for "Options". Click this, and go to "Public Log background", and select a color. White works best.

Then, just to the right of the options button, you should see a small black icon. Click on this, and it allows you to select the text color you want to see.

Too bad you couldn't make it in last night, it was a Who's Who of cast boolits, with more than I have ever seen signed in.

Let's think about next Saturday night, as it seems many were in a relaxed and expansive mood.

Gunload Master
06-19-2005, 01:58 PM
How many people were in the chat room last night?

waksupi
06-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Around ten active for most of the evening.

carpetman
06-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Gunloadmaster--I was in chat room last night and my computer locked up just as you entered---wasnt being snobish but I had to shut down and reboot and you were gone by time I returned.

StarMetal
06-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Ray

What are your pc specifications and what version of Windows are you running? I ask this because in the old day with the older systems and Windows I ran lock-up or freeze-ups, whichever you want to call them, happen alot but now they don't happen at all for me. I've found the version of Windows you run and the size of your video graphics cards make a big difference.

Joe

Gunload Master
06-19-2005, 11:08 PM
10 people is pretty good. I am still trying to find a better chat for us though..

Not a problem carpetman, I just thought I scared you off :) Just kidding.

waksupi
06-19-2005, 11:48 PM
But I think that was because I had too many windows open, carrying on conversations in other places, and browsing other pages.
Ray, do you have a spyware program?? I use the free Lavasoft, and it keeps mine running pretty darn good. Whenever I start to get a slow down, I know it's from spyware buildup. I generally find 30-40 per week.

Shuz
06-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Sorry Ben, I guess I donno what a chat room access is, I thought you were having trouble posting to this forum.
Ric help!!--Shuz

carpetman
06-20-2005, 12:51 AM
I run windows 98 and have no spyware.

waksupi
06-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Look above the messages, for the blue line. You will see chat on there. Click on that, and it will start. Default is a funky background, so you need to click on options, and select a public log background color. Then the small box next to options gets you the color text you want. Go ahead and get it set up, and we'll try it again next Saturday.

ben1025
06-21-2005, 07:01 AM
Thanks all for your help. My problem was I needed to log in. Which I did the next night. Of course there was nobody on. ben1025