PDA

View Full Version : DNZ Scope Mount Thoughts?

JesterGrin_1
11-25-2011, 04:02 AM
I was looking at this for my 35 Whelen and do not know anything about them. So I thought I would venture to ask here?

Tom-ADC
11-25-2011, 07:30 PM
I've been eyeing their Game Reaper one piece mount and ring set up, looks to be very high quality to me.

JesterGrin_1
11-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Tom Same here I have been looking at the Game Reaper and they sure do look nice. But from the lack of feed back here I do not think they are widely known as of yet.

Tom-ADC
11-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Jester I think they are pretty new, I wanted one for my S/S Savage 93R17 but although listed not in stock yet. Midsouth has good prices for them.

catboat
12-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I picked on up at a close out sale last year for my FN made Win m70 Stealth heavy barrel 308 Winchester. I think I paid something like $25 for it. I really like it. Very well made. The lower unit/half is always in alignment (no ring marks). When you drop ("place") the scope into the lower saddle, it made a nice secure uniform sound, that goes with virtual 100 % close contact and excellent quality. The top rings give the same sensation of stress free, close tolerances, and no ring bite.

If you go to the manufacturers web site, there is a video of how the base/mount is made. I was impressed.

I like it a great deal. It is a little bulky (it doesn't look like a set of Talleys), but for how it is made (very well), and how simple it is (VERY), and how clever the design is (VERY), I can live with a touch of bulk.

Two thumbs up.

Added:
Liked it so much, I went back and found one for my short action Howa 1500. A local salvage store (Marden's), bought the inventory from a sporting goods store / chain that got flooded (Ohio? Tenn?) this past spring. That's why it was about 1/2 price.

Here's the link to their website
http://www.dnzproducts.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=10

JesterGrin_1
12-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Catboat Thank You so much for the reply. I was starting to wonder if anyone has actually purchased them lol.

JesterGrin_1
12-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Well I took the Plunge and got one from Optics Planet. It cost a bit more since it is for a long action and a 30mm Scope. But it was $61.70 shipped after the 5% coupon.

It will be going on my Marlin XL-7 made into a 35 Whelen with a Nikko Stirling LRX 4x16 by 50MM, 30mm Tube.

When it gets here and I got the correct one I will show some pictures. As I know how much you all like pictures with few words lol. :)

JesterGrin_1
12-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Just an update. I got the Med Rise this evening. And yes the scope fits. Took some sanding on the lens covers though. But it fits lol.

I hope to shoot it this week to sight it in. But at this point I would have to say I really like the DNZ Scope mount. Very solid and the scope drops right in the saddle very nice.

And yes if anyone wishes I will get some pictures up this week?