PDA

View Full Version : 0 and 23 @ Daytona

Jim
02-19-2007, 07:10 AM
The warning sticker on the "room door" says no politics, sex, etc. in here. Where I come from, NASCAR is a sacred subject that will start a fight or a fire quicker'n anything.
Can y'all believe Mark Martin let Kevin Harvick blow by him like that in the last thousand feet? I think Martin is gettin' old and loosin' it. 23 times he's tried at Daytona an' still ain't got one.

357maximum
02-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Can y'all believe Mark Martin let Kevin Harvick blow by him like that in the last thousand feet? .

You say that like you find it hard to believe....

rvpilot76
02-19-2007, 10:25 AM
It's just like Greg Norman in golf; so close so many times, but alas, no cigar. You gotta feel for the guy; I could see the disappointment in his face. Mark put his best foot forward for the cameras, but you can bet there was some gut-checking going on later. I was just as disappointed in the finish as most were. Maybe they'll find nitrous in Kevin's car to explain that slingshot leap :-D ! Better luck next year Mark.

Kevin

357maximum
02-19-2007, 01:35 PM
While I could never be accused of being in Marks fan club, I too was rootin for him at the end, it would have been darn nice to see the old boy win,,,,,,,,,,finally.......... my guy had his car on the trailer by then anyway...so why not Mark?

Re: Kevins slingshot...no NoS, just plain ol physics of the draft. I hate seeing opportune wins like that, but the best car is not always the one that takes the checkers...tis the way of the resticted carb, and just the way it is though....

mainiac
02-19-2007, 08:20 PM
After having been a earnhart fan all my life, it done me good to see childress car winning. See martin whining at the end that they should of yellow flagged the race and he would have won. Same old whiny-crying thats hes done for years!

dakotashooter2
02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Had the positions been reversed though you can bet Martin would have been eating wall.

felix
02-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Professional sports? They are rigged from the start. My most humble opinion. Sorry. Ever since Kenny Stabler threw that pass without qualms into the hands of an opposing guy wide open at the goal line, I quit watching any of it. Oilers versus Steelers, 1970's super bowl. Big gambling money is in control. No doubt in my mind. Do you all know that the highest paid person on a college campus today is the head football coach, basketball coach, or whatever sport the school depends upon for new admissions? The states and students cannot supply this kind of money. It must come from somewhere, and that somewhere has been obvious for some time to me. UNLV basketball? Gosh almighty! Another obvious intervention. ... felix

KCSO
02-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Maybe one of you fans can help me. Is it true the last four words of the National Anthem are, Gentlemen start your engines?

MT Gianni
02-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Nope, it's Play Ball, Yea, yea. Gianni.

Dye
02-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Professional sports? They are rigged from the start. My most humble opinion. Sorry. Ever since Kenny Stabler threw that pass without qualms into the hands of an opposing guy wide open at the goal line, I quit watching any of it. Oilers versus Steelers, 1970's super bowl. Big gambling money is in control. No doubt in my mind. Do you all know that the highest paid person on a college campus today is the head football coach, basketball coach, or whatever sport the school depends upon for new admissions? The states and students cannot supply this kind of money. It must come from somewhere, and that somewhere has been obvious for some time to me. UNLV basketball? Gosh almighty! Another obvious intervention. ... felix

felix
Hy-watgh it, You are steping on Tark. He made the mostes with the leastes
of any major coach.

Be carefull Dye

felix
02-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I knew you would respond, sooner or later. I just couldn't resist that one. Nothing bad about the coach, of course. Just doing what he has to do to stay alive. It takes a good leader to make things happen, anyway you cut it. ... felix