PDA

View Full Version : Black Powder Availability

Big Rack
11-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know of any retail salers of real black powder in SW Ohio or SE Indiania? Thanks.

Lead pot
11-22-2011, 03:41 PM
You might google powder distributers

Give Jerry a call and it will be on your door setp in two days. http://www.powderinc.com/

Dodson and Company
Box 277
Rio Grande, OH 45674
740-245-9150, Fax: 740-245-9150

wgr
11-22-2011, 04:59 PM
if you can buy a case of it at one time you can do ok even with the haz. mat. or just wait till june and go to friendship and get it if your are a member. you could check
you might be able to get some sooner if they are having a shoot

Boz330
11-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know of any retail salers of real black powder in SW Ohio or SE Indiania? Thanks.

Deer Creek products in Waldron IN, just off of I-74. Best prices going especially if you can go there and pick it up. He is cheaper than the powder magazine at Friendship.

Bob

wgr
11-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Deer Creek products in Waldron IN, just off of I-74. Best prices going especially if you can go there and pick it up. He is cheaper than the powder magazine at Friendship.

Bob
didnt know he sold it. i will be buy there next week

Boz330
11-23-2011, 09:03 AM
didnt know he sold it. i will be buy there next week

He has a magazine somewhere close by. He normally takes off in his pickup and is back in a couple minutes with the powder. Of course I get a case when I go. He might have a couple cans there in his little store if you don't want much.

Bob

Big Rack
11-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys, I'd like to find a closer one though I'm north of Dayton. I used to be a member of the NMLRA and at that time you had to be both a member and a competitor to purchase.

RMulhern
11-27-2011, 12:48 AM
UPS is as close as your front door!!

ss40_70
11-28-2011, 02:41 AM
with gasoline here at $ 3.31 a gallon it doesnt take much driving to spend more than the hazmat fee if you want less then a full case of powder ..
and consider what shops retail prices are ... the few places near me want an average of $ 21 a lb for goex
i'm all for buying local .. but times are tough .. its cheaper for me to buy powder online and pay the hazmat

Buckshot
11-28-2011, 03:14 AM
..............Best if you can get together with another couple of people and buy the case, or TWO. It isn't going to become any cheaper. Most places that ship by the case will mix brands and granulatons. A few years back, before our range closed that what I did. Now I'm glad as Swiss is $4/lb more then it was then.

...............Buckshot

Hang Fire
11-28-2011, 11:06 PM
BP has become hard to find around here also.

I lucked out while back, was in a local gunshop and the owner knowing I shoot ML took me in the back. He had 20 lbs of Goex from an estate sale and didn't want it around, so let me have it for 100 bucks just to get it out of the shop.

cajun shooter
11-30-2011, 04:27 PM
If you live anywhere in the CONUS and have a road that is passable in front of your residence then you have no reason not to buy the REAL BLACK POWDER.
Powder Inc will ship to you and his prices are very good as the price shown on the web site is with shipping and HAZ-MAT charges included.
I feel that the Hazmat charges are another excuse for the Federal Government to put their hands into our pockets. Just as the income tax was started by telling the people of the USA that is was just a temporary thing and as soon as the debt was under control it would be rescinded. Later David