PDA

View Full Version : I celebrated Ammo day.

frkelly74
11-20-2011, 12:54 AM
I was wanting to try out some IMR 3031 loads anyway in my 30/30 Handi so I took all my scratch and dent brass and loaded some of them with 160 gr boolits and some with 190 gr sil. boolits from the mold I got from nooneimportant. I used some of the Gander Mtn IMR3031 And after getting back home from Kalamazoo this morning went out and shot them up. They were all clay pigeon killers at the 50 yd mark except the ones I didn't point in the right direction. So While I was in town, instead of buying ammo I bought a couple new molds which are upgrades from single cavity to double cavity of boolits I already like, and they are boolits my old rifles approve of also. After shooting I took the fired brass and the rest of my scratch and dent brass and loaded up a hundred and one rounds for next time. And now I must cast. What a vicious cycle I am in.

gray wolf
11-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Hang in there it gets worse, HA,HA,HA,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HA

Hardcast416taylor
11-20-2011, 12:38 PM
I celebrated the day by getting my mail. Three packages of "stuff" I had bought from fellow site members and a new .44 mold from Graf`s.Robert:cbpour:

WILCO
11-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I celebrated National Ammo Day by getting some Winchester Super Speed Xtra game loads.

Wasn't much, but didn't want the day to slip by without recognizing it.

1Shirt
11-21-2011, 09:58 AM
I celebrate ammo day every day possible. I most appreciate it on the 4th. of July, Christmas, and the 10th. of Nov.
Semper Fi!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

scrapcan
11-21-2011, 04:21 PM
I celebrated the day by loading a box of 400 corbon with some cast boolits.
Then I moved all of my reloading stuff so I can work on the basement wall in hopes of someday having a finished basement instead of a large storage room! I had a big ammo day!

BeeMan
11-21-2011, 06:08 PM
The purchase side of National Ammo Day was covered when I bought shot-shells for our Scout shooting camp-out. Then we took 9 boys camping this weekend and had some fun.

Several of the boys had never shot a shotgun. Every camper managed to bust at least a clay or two. We all cheered when each of the two boys who had physical disabilities connected. Two more of the boys were quite competitive, with one of them hitting 7 straight.

Add a couple hours of archery plus a chance to shoot a muzzle loader to the mix and it was a VERY good weekend. They all want to do it again.

BeeMan

popper
11-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Wish they would post that day(and national shoot day) on the calender. Then the wife can't argue.