PDA

View Full Version : Weekend fun

waksupi
02-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Every year, we have a winter rendezvous for out mountain man association. We do have a wide variety of things involved. People come in from several states and provinces to attend.

We start out on Thursday evening, with a banquet at one of the local restuarants. This year we had around 45 in attendance. On Friday evening, we go to one of the local ski resorts, where Dutch has a regular booking to play music. So, I generally join him with the mandolin, and some of the guys follow along, to entertain the tourists. I was the only one not dressed up, as I had business to attend to in town. Bank scared the hell out of me, said I could borrow as much money as I want, for a new vehicle!

Deputy AL, I am going to try and get an autographed rookie card, or picture for you, from the big guy in the back row.

Saturday, we have a shoot. This year, it was ten targets, including a balloon, a grape, a midget carrot, a pretzel, radish, candy peanut, egg, lollipop, potato, don't remember the last one. Distance was about 20 yards, and you had 30 minutes to kill as many as possible. I had three targets left to hit at the end of the time, using my 20 bore flint smoothbore. Winner was Ted Tompkins, state champion sillywet shooter. He got that on the tie breaker, a shot at a ram, at 190 yards. He also brought along the Sharps rifle to show us, that he had won for his state championship.

Saturday evening, was spent playing music at our fort, eating, having a few drinks, and telling stories and jokes. Today, people will be coming off the mountain, getting cleaned up a bit, and relaxing. Tomorrow, some will be going to one of the members old town, for a breakfast, and then we end things up in the evening, with a trade session, and auction, to raise funds for our insurance and newsletter.

Lots of fun, with good friends. I didn't take many pictures, as my camera batteries went dead.

madcaster
02-18-2007, 01:28 PM
great weekend there Buddy,I love to go to smokepole shoots!

wills
02-18-2007, 02:04 PM
So, you going to get an F250 or F350?

waksupi
02-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Wills, not a pick up. I'll keep my old heap, for the things a pick up is necessary for. I'm looking for a commuter car, probably a Subaru. The guys at work tell me only lesbians drive them, but I DO have some lesbian tendancies, so expect it to work out ok.

Scrounger
02-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Wills, not a pick up. I'll keep my old heap, for the things a pick up is necessary for. I'm looking for a commuter car, probably a Subaru. The guys at work tell me only lesbians drive them, but I DO have some lesbian tendancies, so expect it to work out ok.

Funny, I would have bet you'd buy a Dodge pickup; you know RAM charger...

carpetman
02-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Waksupi is not going to trade in his HUGE pickup. The thing is so huge it would take a series of trade ins to get it all done.

Scrounger
02-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Waksupi is not going to trade in his HUGE pickup. The thing is so huge it would take a series of trade ins to get it all done.

Besides, how would he carry his... Oh...never mind....

carpetman
02-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Waksupi needs an SUV type vehicle because one of his neighbors has two cute little lambs. Well it turns out they are poodles and not lambs--but they look good.